Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Aug 22, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #3,994 of 4,796
Hey question fellow i4 owners, my audeze cable for the i4 is turning green near the connectors and I am worried that it is hampering the sound quality could it be? I am thinking of getting the moon dragon bronze cable. I mean is this a good ideal does it sound better than the standard audeze lcd i4 cable or is it a downgrade?

Aug 23, 2021 at 2:08 AM Post #3,995 of 4,796
The stock cable is a decent Silver Plated Copper and the Bronze is an entry level Copper cable. It is hard to tell for sure how the 2 would compare without trying both. But from a high level, decent SPCs in general will give you this impression of better dynamics, larger stage, better separation and cleaner sound compared to entry level Copper cables. But the Copper might have better tone and timbre.

Aug 26, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #3,997 of 4,796
Hey, I wanted to let the thread know, the new Audeze Reveal update 2.1.0 has been released! Thanks @KMann.

https://www.audeze.com/pages/revealdownload

I'm posting the full release notes below but the key feature for me is that you can now use the Audeze presets after trial. So, you don' need to activate to use the presets.

The release covers Mac, Mac M1, and Win.

If you haven't tried it. Give it a spin, especially using the highest quality linear phase filter.

Release Notes for Reveal+ 2.1.0
  • + Add master volume bi-directional slider in the LU meter
  • + Added LU and RMS meters
  • + LU meter now shows when the limiter is engaging
  • + Added compatibility with M1 machines
  • + Fixed bugs with Audirvana Studio and JRiver 27
  • + New UI for Plugin tutorial. While tutorial is playing, the plugin is blocked/darkened in the
    background
  • + UI changes during Onboarding
  • + Allowing users to login when the Trial is expired
  • + Fix for sandboxed applications

Aug 27, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #3,998 of 4,796
One feature that may not be obvious is if you want to try the room emulation features but find that it is coloring the sound too much, you can now control both the ambience (room reverb) and HRTF intensity, Setting the ambience to the lowest and also reducing HRTF intensity will get you closer to a cross-feed, except the cross-feed is based on your HRTF.

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #3,999 of 4,796
Hello,

I opened the Audeze app on the iPhone for the first time in a long while and was greeted by the new aural map function. It looks like Reveal+ is required for this. Does it work on the iPhone with the cipher cable or only from the desktop? If it can make It sound as OOYH as the Mobius sound I’ll be super happy!

Thanks!

Sep 2, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #4,000 of 4,796
Hello,

I opened the Audeze app on the iPhone for the first time in a long while and was greeted by the new aural map function. It looks like Reveal+ is required for this. Does it work on the iPhone with the cipher cable or only from the desktop? If it can make It sound as OOYH as the Mobius sound I’ll be super happy!

Thanks!
We will remove the Aural map function from the iOS App, it is deprecated, it is for capturing a picture for uploading to the cloud, the specialization/virtual stereo feature is not available for mobile platforms.

Sep 2, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #4,001 of 4,796
We will remove the Aural map function from the iOS App, it is deprecated, it is for capturing a picture for uploading to the cloud, the specialization/virtual stereo feature is not available for mobile platforms.
Thanks for the quick response. I’m still loving my i4s!

Sep 2, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #4,004 of 4,796
what do you like most about them?
Being able to plug the cipher cable into my iPhone or M11 and walk around with them. They have this ethereal quality. With live recordings it’s almost like you’re there. The depth they bring is amazing, especially with deep bass. They have a great sense of atmosphere and think are great at technicalities. All of this and you can be aware of your surroundings, too.

Sep 3, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #4,005 of 4,796
I'm still waiting on the new version of the Reveal plugin that will allow use of the headphone presets after expiration.
Has this been solved with the newly released version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back