Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Mar 28, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #3,346 of 4,795
Mar 28, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #3,347 of 4,795
as is often said, each has its prefaces.
Pero 'I advise you to try to decrease around 2K. The low range depends on your tastes (I raise a bit around 60Hz). The high range depends on your tastes and your hearing. I recommend trying the changes around between 4k and 8k.
This is my experience.

Used these settings:

Mar 29, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #3,349 of 4,795
I agree it will sometimes be hard to find what you want. The post you quoted is for V1 of Cipher that we supplied for iSine10/20 initially, which was very close to the Harman curve and many found it to be too bright. V2 Cipher changes it and the right post will be post #2500 on that thread.

For LCD-i4 here is the the PEQ equivalent of Cipher. We provide Cipher cable V2 for free with LCD-i4 as a convenience. This is not included in the package but iDevice owners can contact support and get one if they need one.
Could anyone translate the lcd-i4 eq here to audeze hq app parameters?

Mar 31, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #3,350 of 4,795
Hi all,

After reading up on this thread, I want to just confirm that any 2-pin .78mm connector will work with LCDi4 as long as I make sure the grove on one side of the connector lines up with the socket on the LCDi4 correct? I hope to use one of my PW 2-pin cables and will just heat the silicon ear hooks to straighten out.

Mar 31, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #3,351 of 4,795
Hi all,

After reading up on this thread, I want to just confirm that any 2-pin .78mm connector will work with LCDi4 as long as I make sure the grove on one side of the connector lines up with the socket on the LCDi4 correct? I hope to use one of my PW 2-pin cables and will just heat the silicon ear hooks to straighten out.

The plastic portion of the connector (the part that goes into the receptor) needs to be 2.5mm to 3mm. Some 2-pin cables have short ones like pictured on the right. Those will not stay in at all.

Attachments

• 20191202_175735.jpg
    20191202_175735.jpg
    896.7 KB · Views: 0
Apr 2, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #3,353 of 4,795
about the cables, I wrote to AUDEZE and I must say that they quickly replied that they send the two cables free of charge.
Excellent assistance ...
[/CITAZIONE]
a step back, 18 days have passed and I found that they still haven't shipped.
I await shipping information:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Apr 2, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #3,354 of 4,795

I got mine only to discover that I was sent the!BT cipher cable for the isine series, rather than the cable for LCDi3/LCDi4...

Apr 2, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #3,355 of 4,795
I got mine only to discover that I was sent the!BT cipher cable for the isine series, rather than the cable for LCDi3/LCDi4...

it happened to me too. just let them know and they’ll send the correct one.

Apr 2, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #3,356 of 4,795
Got the B-Stock LCD i4 today and looks like a full retail box. I'm guessing my pair are B-Stock because on connector cable feels a little tighter than the other but both feel pretty secure. Everything else looks perfect and all the accessories are brand new.

Quick initial impressions - definitely need the DSP plugin or EQ. Very dry and flat without DSP. Definitely something special - open headphone sound and experience in an IEM format. Not sure how long burn in is recommended but sounds great out of the box. Ended up at 80% wet for my personal preference. My PW 1960 cable fits fine and I just needed to straighten out the ear hooks. I am using med smooth silicon ear tips with the wings and these feel right for now. Another pleasant surprise was how good the Cipher cable sounded and I definitely plan to get the USB-C adapter for my iPad Pro and Macbook Pro. Will probably play with my WM1z at some point with manual EQ. Seriously thinking I don't need my Utopias anymore. 50% or so wet reminds me a lot of the Utopia.

Apr 2, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #3,357 of 4,795
Got the B-Stock LCD i4 today and looks like a full retail box. I'm guessing my pair are B-Stock because on connector cable feels a little tighter than the other but both feel pretty secure. Everything else looks perfect and all the accessories are brand new.

Quick initial impressions - definitely need the DSP plugin or EQ. Very dry and flat without DSP. Definitely something special - open headphone sound and experience in an IEM format. Not sure how long burn in is recommended but sounds great out of the box. Ended up at 80% wet for my personal preference. My PW 1960 cable fits fine and I just needed to straighten out the ear hooks. I am using med smooth silicon ear tips with the wings and these feel right for now. Another pleasant surprise was how good the Cipher cable sounded and I definitely plan to get the USB-C adapter for my iPad Pro and Macbook Pro. Will probably play with my WM1z at some point with manual EQ. Seriously thinking I don't need my Utopias anymore. 50% or so wet reminds me a lot of the Utopia.

I fully agree. Even after 3 years of owning the i4 and with all the more recent TOTL IEMs out there, it is still unbeatable. From the ones I’ve heard or owned, M5 is probably the closest. But for me, the i4 is still the king of the hill.

Apr 3, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #3,360 of 4,795
How do you realize if is the i4 or isine version? I am afraid the same happened to me, since it sounds bad and low volume no matter what device I pair with.

you can check using audeze app on your iOS device. It will detect automatically whether the cable is for i4 or iSines. However, the app doesn’t work if you connect to an iPad Pro using usb-c to female lightning adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back