Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Jan 31, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #3,226 of 4,802
I would advise to contact Audeze directly about getting a refund on the Reveal +. First off, you likely paid $2,400 for the headphones so they should have a great understanding for your hardship. Secondly, Audeze has great customer service that is prompt and very customer friendly - I would bet that they would be likely grant you some sort of refund.

I might try that, although if I end up getting some amp/dac and going with cables, I will want the reveal+ purchase. decisions decisions.

Jan 31, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #3,227 of 4,802
I might try that, although if I end up getting some amp/dac and going with cables, I will want the reveal+ purchase. decisions decisions.
I'm not sure you need Reveal + though to just use the DSP preset with the LCDi4. You can use the free Reveal version and you get the standard DSP functionality.I believe the + version allows you to use the Aural Map and some of the more advanced features.

Jan 31, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #3,228 of 4,802
New LCD i4 user here and I read hundreds of posts and am still slightly confused on something: what are folks doing for EQ on A&K players (I have the Kann Cube) when using a balanced cable? The Cipher sounds great, yes, but would love to replicate it on the Cube. If that’s impossible, that’s okay, just want to make sure I’m not missing something. Does the Reveal plugin work on A&K players? I assume not. Thanks for any suggestions! I have a ton of high end 2.5mm balanced cables so would love to make use on the i4 because it sounds amazing.

One other question: how do I tell if I have the “new” ear hooks or the old ones? They’re hard plastic and are not comfortable if that helps lol.

Thank you!

-Collin-
No EQ at all.

Feb 9, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #3,229 of 4,802
I'm puzzled by weird cosmetic issue of this particular pair of LCDi4.

At quick glance, you'll notice that the letter A, the golden decal on each ear piece looks different. There is substantial difference between L and R, I have never seen the logo A looking so different, one is the usual i4 decal, the other seems different, the grooves that form the A are much wider and less deep on the left side on photos.. The other side looks like the correct, the usual A.

Have you seen this on your i4? Why do the L and R piece logo look different? Am I imagining this?

LCDi4 1.jpeg

LCDi4 2.jpeg

On this pair both L and R copper letter A appear identical:

xxx correct detailing.jpg

What could this be, can't be just camera angle, or lighting, can it?

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #3,230 of 4,802
I'm puzzled by weird cosmetic issue of this particular pair of LCDi4.

At quick glance, you'll notice that the letter A, the golden decal on each ear piece looks different. There is substantial difference between L and R, I have never seen the logo A looking so different, one is the usual i4 decal, the other seems different, the grooves that form the A are much wider and less deep on the left side on photos.. The other side looks like the correct, the usual A.

Have you seen this on your i4? Why do the L and R piece logo look different? Am I imagining this?

LCDi4 1.jpeg

LCDi4 2.jpeg

On this pair both L and R copper letter A appear identical:

xxx correct detailing.jpg

What could this be, can't be just camera angle, or lighting, can it?
B-stock LCDi4?

Feb 9, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #3,231 of 4,802
The decals perhaps are from different batches or suppliers. On a retail set, Audeze probably made sure that the decals matched on both L and R. And when 2 sets of i4 were returned for defects, Audeze probably mixed and matched L and R from 2 different sets, resulting in this difference.

Feb 10, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #3,232 of 4,802
any idea which is newer stock?

as long as both sides sound balance, who cares about the sticker?

The decals perhaps are from different batches or suppliers. On a retail set, Audeze probably made sure that the decals matched on both L and R. And when 2 sets of i4 were returned for defects, Audeze probably mixed and matched L and R from 2 different sets, resulting in this difference.

Feb 10, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #3,237 of 4,802
Just to rant, while I'm quick enough to catch Audeze Black Fri sale that lasts about 30 minutes, I'm can't buy LCDi4 because I'm not American. Audeze ship Black Fri deals to US only.
Doesn't matter that I bought my first Audeze in 2011, the original LCD-2. Doesn't matter that I bought LCD-3 few years later. Doesn't matter that I bought LCDi4 at full price 1 year ago.
I'm not good enough to qualify for Black Fri specials, for any of them, since I'm Euro.

Seems slightly unfair, if I'm completely honest :)

I'm going to be a little annoying. So please feel free to ignore this reply!

Perhaps you're having a bad day? First you ask, quite reasonablly, whether others have experienced cosmetic imperfections in their i4. But you did not disclose that you wanted help in making a purchase decision. Neither do you mention that you were thinking of buying used.

Only after others provided their thoughts did you mention that this would be a second-hand purchase. This information would be relevant since EVERYONE on this thread knows all about the regular b-stock promotions, and the fact that Audeze claims that b-stock can have cosmetic imperfections. Of course your potential purchase might NOT be b-stock...

Then you complain about the fact that Audeze sells b-stock at all. THEN, in your next message, you complain that the b-stock can only be shipped to a US address. Perhaps for the next b-stock sale you can prearrange a US address? Perhaps you know someone in the US? I imagine someone headfier would also be willing to help by providing his/her address for shipping purposes.

I'm reminded of the expression "like pulling teeth"

p.s. your NEXT response - which came while I was writing my rant - concedes that the ear pieces do NOT look different from each other, after all. Sigh...

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #3,238 of 4,802
I am due to receive my new LCD-i4 tomorrow (won the iSine 10 at CanJam London a few years back; owned iSine 20 and currently LCD-i3, which I will be selling on);
I plan to use them for listening to music on Roon via my Hugo 2 and Mojopoly (soon Hugo 2+2Go);

Any tips/tricks on how to get the most out of the LCD-i4? I have never been into playing with equalisers so it'd be great if you guys can share your recommended settings.
Many thanks in advance!

Feb 13, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #3,239 of 4,802
I am due to receive my new LCD-i4 tomorrow (won the iSine 10 at CanJam London a few years back; owned iSine 20 and currently LCD-i3, which I will be selling on);
I plan to use them for listening to music on Roon via my Hugo 2 and Mojopoly (soon Hugo 2+2Go);

Any tips/tricks on how to get the most out of the LCD-i4? I have never been into playing with equalisers so it'd be great if you guys can share your recommended settings.
Many thanks in advance!

This is what I'm doing. To mimic that eq. Just know the last mark at 16kHz is up to your taste. You can take it all the way down.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/top-5-daily-iem-earbuds.925444/post-15466012

Though I would recommend using the e1da hardware like me. (with a 2.5 balance cable) (big battery not necessary)

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #3,240 of 4,802

Many thanks in advance!
wow, WON the iSIne 10, u r soooo lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back