Top 5 daily IEM/Earbuds?
Feb 12, 2020 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

brianforever

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Bud-dies, here's mine to kick start..and 1 to a few words comments below. Thanks for the Sharing Mates :couplekiss:
View attachment IMG_20200213_121742_2.jpg
1. VIDO- Non fatiguing ..best for long hours of listening
2. H180 - Great earbuds with micro details and is a definite all rounded sound which is unique today !
3. BL03 - Budget-fi King with premium details, good soundstage, fussy to fit, almost perfect. if not fatiguing :)
4. VK4 - Blon 03 like , some say almost sounding like andro :) still experimenting it
5. 8320 - Heavy bass and good old school sounding with a very large 14.2mm dynamic driver

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 12:10 AM Post #2 of 30
Hi Bud-dies, here's mine to kick start..and 1 to a few words comments below. Thanks for the Sharing Mates :couplekiss:

My top 5 most rotated IEMs in order of preference:

1) Audiosense T800 - Technical and detail monster. Superb isolation.
Audiosense T800.jpeg

2) KBEAR Diamond - excellent timbre/tonality, great for acoustic instruments. An upgraded BLON BL-03 in most departments.
KBEAR Diamond.jpeg

3) NiceHCK M6 (with BGVP filter) - audiophile tuning for cheap (with 3rd party BGVP filter).
NiceHCK M6.jpg

4) DUNU DM-840 - subbass king, great isolation + soundstage and technicalities.
DUNU.jpeg

5) Toneking Ninetails - looks weird but has versatile 9 sound signatures with front/rear filters, good timbre/tonality also.
Toneking ninetails.jpeg

Feb 13, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #3 of 30

Audiosense T800.jpeg

2) KBEAR Diamond - excellent timbre/tonality, great for acoustic instruments. An upgraded BLON BL-03 in most departments.
KBEAR Diamond.jpeg

3) NiceHCK M6 (with BGVP filter) - audiophile tuning for cheap (with 3rd party BGVP filter).
NiceHCK M6.jpg

DUNU.jpeg

5) Toneking Ninetails - looks weird but has versatile 9 sound signatures with front/rear filters, good timbre/tonality also.
Toneking ninetails.jpeg

Wow ! Awesome Mate :thumbsup:

Feb 13, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #4 of 30
Imr Rah, fun iem for rock, etc. Nice airy soundstage woth no peaks. Can be physically changed to be tweaked, can have good mids. But I don't need them for that.

Final Audio A8000, great iem for voices for another experience with music. It is veru unique presenting. Does well with complicated music loke heavy metal.

Simphonio Dragon 2 plus, my best earbud that is easy to drive. Runs amazing off my random gear like the Nintendo Switch. Really great timbre and speaker colored soundstage. It is like the Hd800s of earbuds if you like the Hd800s unique presentation.

Final Audio E5000, the great warm study iem. Do benchwork or study with Lo-Fi music and carries you through your work.

Lcd-i4, it is more my reference to remind myself what great timbre is for my tracks. Though it is not my favorite at all. Needs more treble. I should probably sell this; that is a horrible reason to be keeping it around for. XD

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #5 of 30
Imr Rah, fun iem for rock, etc. Nice airy soundstage woth no peaks. Can be physically changed to be tweaked, can have good mids. But I don't need them for that.

Final Audio A8000, great iem for voices for another experience with music. It is veru unique presenting. Does well with complicated music loke heavy metal.

Simphonio Dragon 2 plus, my best earbud that is easy to drive. Runs amazing off my random gear like the Nintendo Switch. Really great timbre and speaker colored soundstage. It is like the Hd800s of earbuds if you like the Hd800s unique presentation.

Final Audio E5000, the great warm study iem. Do benchwork or study with Lo-Fi music and carries you through your work.

Lcd-i4, it is more my reference to remind myself what great timbre is for my tracks. Though it is not my favorite at all. Needs more treble. I should probably sell this; that is a horrible reason to be keeping it around for. XD
Thanks Mate for sharing..seriously looking forward to try the Lcd-i4 which I heard so much about

Feb 13, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #7 of 30
@baskingshark I'm curious,..is the M6 a rebranded, more expensive BGVP DMG ?

Actually the BGVP DMG is about $30 USD more expensive than the NiceHCK M6.

U can check out some reviews here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-m6.23430/reviews
There's some headfiers in the review section who reported that they have the same shells and tuning, but maybe DMG is less sibilant according to them. Whereas others said they are the same. Can't say for sure as I haven't heard the DMG. But even so, if they are just slightly different, I wouldn't mind saving $30 to get the M6.

Feb 13, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #8 of 30
I think, my best iem I have tried recently is Hifiman Re800 silver. I regret that I sold it. It has a "light" sound, but timbre and clarity were very good. Now I am into earbuds recently. Looking to start with Monks, probably to early to start with Dragon 2+.

Feb 13, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #9 of 30

Audiosense T800.jpeg

KBEAR Diamond.jpeg

NiceHCK M6.jpg

DUNU.jpeg

Toneking ninetails.jpeg
What does the BGVP filter refer to? One.that doesn't come in the M6 package, obviously, but why do you mention this right upfront? What is so important about this filter and why should I try to order one with my M6?

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #10 of 30
What does the BGVP filter refer to? One.that doesn't come in the M6 package, obviously, but why do you mention this right upfront? What is so important about this filter and why should I try to order one with my M6?

I think he's referring to the bronze filter that doesn't come with the DMG and can be bought separately from Ali X. This filter is quite longer than the standard and has a hole near the filter which lowers the bass the an extent that it doesn't sound bloated compared to the other non-bass filters (normal & silver).

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #11 of 30

I know what you mean regarding treble on the LCDi4 or lack there of. It's really the upper-mids. You can't EQ it to normality, it's hopeless. If Audeze tells you that EQ will work, the EQ is more of placebo affect than anything else. The EQ'ability isn't just directly linked to distortion, but also physical capability of the driver in which the measurement will show the result of EQ not helping. Which is the reason why the mids sounds hazy and unclear with what I find a typical Audeze trait of too much mids warmth to resduce clarity.

Anyway, I was hoping this thread to be top earbuds listing as we already have iem ranking threads, although I understand this is 'daily driver' specific.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #12 of 30
I know what you mean regarding treble on the LCDi4 or lack there of. It's really the upper-mids. You can't EQ it to normality. Which is the reason why the mids sounds hazy and unclear with what I find a typical Audeze trait of too much mids warmth to resduce clarity.

Yeah, exactly my experience.

@SilverEars Though there is one device that EQs it very well, the E1da PowerDac V2 with its 7-point parametric EQ can really push it its upper mids and treble. No idea why it responds so well to the device. Maybe it is a matter of having enough current in the EQ setup?

Like my Tin Hifi P1, the Lcd-i4 has been completely dedicated to the PowerDac V2 . Though it isn't the best example of convenience.

IMG_1157.jpg

HPToy app parameteric-EQ
Screenshot_20200213-210527189.jpg

Screenshot_20200213-205212897.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200213-204803123.jpg
    Screenshot_20200213-204803123.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #13 of 30
1. LZ A6
2. Shozy Form 1.1