Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Dec 16, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #3,137 of 4,795
Mine crinkle when put in like driver flex. But it does not influence sound.

What is the wierd rod inside the bore?

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #3,138 of 4,795
Mine crinkle when put in like driver flex. But it does not influence sound.
Mine crinkles when music is playing and I move my head slightly.

Dec 17, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #3,139 of 4,795
Last weekend at an event (portable audio festival?) in Tokyo, I tried Cayin N6ii with new E01 audio mother board. The board has only one 3.5mimi unbalanced connector.
The sound was warm and thick. I think it matched LCDi4 well.

DSC03009.jpg

Dec 17, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #3,140 of 4,795
Using the E1da PowerDac V2, with a eq Preset made for me for the Lcd i4. Perfect as harmonic tuned, no painful distorted voices. No hiss either. Amazing subbass and timbre. Had to increase the treble a step.

Adding the vinyl compression/filter further gives a nicer instrument seperation.

Really great alternative to cipher cable with an up to date DAC.

https://yadi.sk/d/4P8rwxMEO0-QAg

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #3,141 of 4,795
Hey Mac users, I have some great news regarding being able to use Reveal plugin systemwide. But it will cost you $35.

Back in February I shared another method to get systemwide Reveal in this post. But when I upgraded my MacBook to MacOS Mojave, it stopped working. I was talking to my friend @Animagus, and he showed me this software called the SoundSource: https://rogueamoeba.com/soundsource/. I have been using it and it works flawlessly.

Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 3.21.16 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 3.22.22 PM.png

In case you don't want to use it systemwide but only for a certain application, you have that option too.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #3,142 of 4,795
Question for those of you who use an Android phone and external DAC: do you use a music app with a parametric equalizer? If so what one

I have a Galaxy Note 10+ and a Chord Hugo 2 and USB Audio Player Pro (uapp). Though uapp has a parametric equalizer, it only seems to allow for up to 6 bands. I'm looking for one with a little more flexibility. I've also tried Onkyo HF Player, but it does not seem to have a PARAMETRIC equalizer.

Thanks!

Dec 17, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #3,144 of 4,795
Dec 17, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #3,145 of 4,795
Question for those of you who use an Android phone and external DAC: do you use a music app with a parametric equalizer? If so what one

I have a Galaxy Note 10+ and a Chord Hugo 2 and USB Audio Player Pro (uapp). Though uapp has a parametric equalizer, it only seems to allow for up to 6 bands. I'm looking for one with a little more flexibility. I've also tried Onkyo HF Player, but it does not seem to have a PARAMETRIC equalizer.

Thanks!

My E1da PowerDac V2 has an app (HPToy) that will let me eq almost any where, no specific bands.

It does not eq android, but the device directly.

Dec 17, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #3,146 of 4,795

Thanks!
Keep an eye out for the upcoming qdelix bluetooth player. Supposedly started by a former earstudio guy, who most people know from their awesome es100. Looks like it has parametric eq:

https://www.qudelix.com/

Dec 19, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #3,147 of 4,795
Finally got my lcd-i4. Seem like they need some break in. Out of the box I wasn’t impressed sound wise. And I was still figuring out the fit. A tad deep in the ear canal seems to “choke” the sound. A tad loose and you lose the deal. Once i figured out the fit it’s great, and after a few hours of play, it’s even better.

EE legend x are my daily drivers, so these lcd-i4 have some stiff competition. More testing to come.

also: Bluetooth cipher doesn’t seem to sync correctly with the app. Ie firmware version doesn’t register and eq doesn’t seem to work. Any tips?

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #3,149 of 4,795
Finally got my lcd-i4. Seem like they need some break in. Out of the box I wasn’t impressed sound wise. And I was still figuring out the fit. A tad deep in the ear canal seems to “choke” the sound. A tad loose and you lose the deal. Once i figured out the fit it’s great, and after a few hours of play, it’s even better.

EE legend x are my daily drivers, so these lcd-i4 have some stiff competition. More testing to come.

They sound horrible without eq. Upper mids makes voices sound distorted. Cipher cable is a must. Or my alternative E1da PowerDac V2 preset.

After the presets, amazing bass and all the mids. But they don't gain any slam or good treble seperation.

Dec 19, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #3,150 of 4,795
Cipher cable corrects the frequency response, so that instruments and vocals start sounding correct and nice. But aspects like bass slam, stage depth and layering don’t stand out. i4’s full potential gets unleashed, when connected to a desktop system with the Reveal plugin applied. Bass can slam almost like a full-size headphone. Even a Hugo 2 gets you there only half way. Add in a good desktop amp in the chain and you will be amazed at what the i4 can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back