Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Dec 11, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #3,112 of 4,796
Has anyone tried pairing the i4 with the Cayin N6ii DAP?

So far I prefer the cipher cable with my iphone since I can't seem to tweak the EQ when using Tidal/Amazon Music.

Dec 11, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #3,114 of 4,796
Man, I'm tickled pink on how well the LCDi4 sounds. I went for the Belkin $30 Lightning/USB-C adapter plug instead of the Anker cable as I didn't want to extend the overall length of the Cipher cable to my S9. Not sure if I want to cover the Apple white color with black heat shrink. All in all, this is the best damn $1K I've spent in this crazy hobby. Walking my dog has never been such a glorious experience. Thinking about getting another backup Cipher cable. I'm very impressed by the DSP and amplification with the Cipher. I can go only as high as 10 or 12 out of 100 in Neutron. Looks like I saved myself another grand or two by foregoing a mid-hi DAP or a Chord.

first time i heard that cipher cable can be used with android through an adapter. can you share more details of this?

i'm not really enjoying the lcd-i4 with copper cable with my dap as they are pushing the vocal right in my face.

Dec 11, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #3,115 of 4,796
first time i heard that cipher cable can be used with android through an adapter. can you share more details of this?

i'm not really enjoying the lcd-i4 with copper cable with my dap as they are pushing the vocal right in my face.
i use the lightning to usb-c from Anker.

Dec 11, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #3,117 of 4,796
can you use the eq function on the cipher cable with android?
only if you set it up on IOS first, theres no android Audeze app that i know of. honestly i usually use the Es100 and connect with the standard cable.
you can eq to your hearts content then (and i do :) )

Dec 11, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #3,118 of 4,796
Not yet, I believe. The Android revealer app isn't released yet. The Cipher DSP seems to be pretty optimized for the LCDi4. I installed the Revealer plug for JRiver and waiting on the Anker Lighting to USB-A adapter cable. $30 seems to be the number for these adapters.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back