Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Dec 5, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #3,076 of 4,795
My LCD 4i is expected on Friday the 6th December will report back when it arrives , I normally use Bose Noise canceling or Kef M100 IEM which seem to isolate the noise very well on Long Distance flights from SFO -Dubai on A 380 , being a recreational Pilot I also own two pairs of Bose A 20 , and in my flying experience both in Boeing's or the Airbus their is a slight hum not suited for my Isine 20 - on a Turbo -prop flight between Holland & Hanover found the ATR-72 too noisy for anything but a Bose Noise Canceling Headphones Cheers ! :p

Dec 5, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #3,077 of 4,795
My LCD 4i is expected on Friday the 6th December will report back when it arrives , I normally use Bose Noise canceling or Kef M100 IEM which seem to isolate the noise very well on Long Distance flights from SFO -Dubai on A 380 , being a recreational Pilot I also own two pairs of Bose A 20 , and in my flying experience both in Boeing's or the Airbus their is a slight hum not suited for my Isine 20 - on a Turbo -prop flight between Holland & Hanover found the ATR-72 too noisy for anything but a Bose Noise Canceling Headphones Cheers ! :p

please let us know the contents of your b-stock. if it's the same as advertised in the Audeze homepage retail package. thank you.

Dec 5, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #3,078 of 4,795
please let us know the contents of your b-stock. if it's the same as advertised in the Audeze homepage retail package. thank you.

I can only speak for the b-stock that I just received but it seems that everything that is advertised as part of the retail was included. It had the Cipher, bluetooth cipher and the earfins in addition to the expected items (ie, silver cable and eartips).

Dec 5, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #3,079 of 4,795
I concur. Not sure if it matters, but I assume I received the latest cable version as it has lcdi3/lcdi4 sticker tabs on all cables. Plus, the Lcdi4 body looks brand spanking new. A wonderful present for me, myself, and I.

Dec 5, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #3,080 of 4,795
I can only speak for the b-stock that I just received but it seems that everything that is advertised as part of the retail was included. It had the Cipher, bluetooth cipher and the earfins in addition to the expected items (ie, silver cable and eartips).

I didn't know it comes with the bluetooth cable now. I bought mine full retail awhile ago and I just had to buy the bluetooth cable for $99. Should they have sent that to me for free if it is now included for all???

Dec 5, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #3,081 of 4,795
I didn't know it comes with the bluetooth cable now. I bought mine full retail awhile ago and I just had to buy the bluetooth cable for $99. Should they have sent that to me for free if it is now included for all???

I would email them and ask. Audeze has great customer service. Would not surprise me if they hooked you up somehow.

Dec 5, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #3,082 of 4,795
i4 full price at retail from Audeze, they would send the cipher cable for free with an email.

Dec 6, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #3,086 of 4,795
Man, these sound really, really good. I cannot make them comfortable for my ears.

Anyone want a basically NIB B stock for what I paid? Looks new to me, new packaging, bluetooth cable, two iphone cables (bought an extra), all accessories as new. I can send it back to them, or sell to someone here.

Dec 6, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #3,087 of 4,795
Man, these sound really, really good. I cannot make them comfortable for my ears.

Anyone want a basically NIB B stock for what I paid? Looks new to me, new packaging, bluetooth cable, two iphone cables (bought an extra), all accessories as new. I can send it back to them, or sell to someone here.
If your challenge is that the ear hooks or ear fins are uncomfortable, one thing you could try is to use different tips from the stock audeze tips. I have always had good luck with comfort using the old earlocks and now ear fins, but others have found they were able to use foam tips (or symbio tips) and do away with the ear hooks/locks/fins altogether.

If your issue is that the ribbed stock tips are irritating your canals (another common issue), I and others have found that with use, these become comfortable. My guess is that this is due to changes to the material (e.g. oils from skin smoothing rough edges of the ribs), but fwiw whenever I have started to use new ribbed tips, they always cause a little irritation the first few uses but then become very comfortable.

Not trying to second guess you (I know you have lots of experience with many iems), but just trying to provide helpful suggestions if you are selling purely due to fit issues since it seems like you like how they sound.

Dec 6, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #3,088 of 4,795
Got my LCD i4 B- stock today it has the fins and everything else as advertised , packing is good but obviously B-Stock , first impressions sounds more like my Isine 20 which is a B stock purchase from last years November sale except this (LCD i4 )has a bigger soundstage , openness and more air, I am putting my Isine 20 for sale on Audio Circle and audio mart soon as I don't need both the Isine 20 & the LCD i4 my isine 20 will come with everything original including the box anyone interested PM for the price

Dec 6, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #3,090 of 4,795
its very possible that fedex lost my lcd-i4 package..they updated the tracking when the package was picked up and nothing after that..

Hope your package wasn't lost! I too ordered the Black Friday b stock. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

The FedEx shipping updates have not been good. So, perhaps, you're in the same boat? Today i got an email from FedEx saying that delivery is scheduled for tomorrow and that the package may need to be signed for.

If you have not received that email, it's possible that yours is still in transit.

Finally, I've seen messages in this thread from people who've already received their b stock. They all seem to be on the west coast (of the US). So, if you live farther away (i live near Boston), it's possible that it's just taking a while to reach you.

Fingers crossed for you!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back