Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Feb 9, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #1,666 of 4,795
After reading about 70 pages on this thread. Can't help but have to go for it (there goes my savings for trip)
Couldn't be happier with the decision.
Here is the result.
hfbBhGc.jpg

hfbBhGc

hfbBhGc
Congratulations !
Welcome to the lcdi4 club.
You'll never regret spending your savings on these....
The foam has very neat cutouts
I am waiting for poly equivalent for hugo 2 ....
Are you using iphone+ tidal + mojopoly?
How is the battery backup/ ease of carrying the combo?
i have the mojo .... for a brief moment i was tempted to buy poly...

Feb 10, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #1,667 of 4,795
Poly is for using Roon around the house. And Music from sdcard on the go.
I don't use Tidal much. Battery is great, eliminate all the cable so easy to carry around.
The Poly is a very great concept. However it does not feel like final product, more like a beta. Occasional hiccups here and there.

I am saving for a Hugo 2 for desktop use. Hope it is a big step up from Mojo.

Feb 11, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #1,668 of 4,795
Thanks @kubig123
These silicon sleeves are very very comfortable.
I think audeze should make hooks with silicon sleeves as standard in their future releases.
Its a day & night difference.
I think anyone who had difficulty with fit & comfort with the in- ear series of audeze should try these sleeves. I can bet that majority of people will change their mind.
Thanks again.:ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

I would agree. Just received the rubber tubing and applied it to the i4 ear hooks. What a difference! Much more comfortable, can listen for hours.

Feb 11, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #1,669 of 4,795
I would agree. Just received the rubber tubing and applied it to the i4 ear hooks. What a difference! Much more comfortable, can listen for hours.
I am glad you liked it.

Feb 11, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #1,670 of 4,795
Hi,
I found it on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047BIU2I/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To carry most of my earphones I found some plastic containers with interlocking lids, I used the same containers to store by cables too.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P0YGRVW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Are you using spin fit cp 155 large size?
If yes, then please compare them with the stock tips.
I have spinfit cp 155 medium size. They are really comfortable (more than the stock). Now, pairing rubber tubing (sleeves) and these tips .... the lcdi4 are almost non-existent...
I was thinking of trying large size as well.
I think the medium size of audeze are bigger than spinfit...

Feb 11, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #1,671 of 4,795
Are you using spin fit cp 155 large size?
If yes, then please compare them with the stock tips.
I have spinfit cp 155 medium size. They are really comfortable (more than the stock). Now, pairing rubber tubing (sleeves) and these tips .... the lcdi4 are almost non-existent...
I was thinking of trying large size as well.
I think the medium size of audeze are bigger than spinfit...

I’m trying them out, didn’t really had a chance to listen to them.
I’ve both the medium and the large, usually I have the medium groovy tips from Audeze and they fit well, with the spinfit I’ve switched to the large, the medium don’t seal as well.

Like you said, dimension wise, the medium audeze tips are in between the medium and large from spinfit.

Feb 11, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #1,672 of 4,795
Like you said, dimension wise, the medium audeze tips are in between the medium and large from spinfit.

I think in terms of width, it's absolutely accurate and I'll order L as well (if I can find them...last time I did the shop that shipped to EU had only S and M) although I think the seal is better even if they are smaller because both of better silicon and the rotating system but your mileage may vary...

I get the most seal with the T-600 but it's too much and incomfortable on long sessions.

Feb 11, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #1,673 of 4,795
I spent some time tonight going back and for between the spinfit and the groovy audeze and based on the current setup (silver cable and dx200) I prefer the audeze tips, I feel with these tips the sound has more body and soundstage.

Feb 11, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #1,674 of 4,795
Hmmm, I beg to differ even to lower volumes it leaks enough to be noticeable in a very quiet environment and depending what genre you're listening to or how sensitive your other half is... I can tell from living with someone who has deep sleep it can bug them and wake them up... and I am not listening to hard rock at high volume, even jazz at moderate level will leak some sound...

At the office on the other hand, no problem...

So my answer would be definitely not unfortunately, thus my ordering the VE8 :p
I also consider the i4 to be somewhat fragile by design... rolling on the side while falling asleep could not be that good for them...

I agree. They are not suited for a very quiet environment where one is trying not to bother someone next to them.

If the person next to you is a heavy sleeper like I am, it won't bother them. If they are a light sleeper, look elsewhere than a planar iem IMO.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #1,675 of 4,795
I agree. They are not suited for a very quiet environment where one is trying not to bother someone next to them.
If the person next to you is a heavy sleeper like I am, it won't bother them. If they are a light sleeper, look elsewhere than a planar iem IMO.

Well depends how heavy as my wife is rather a heavy sleeper not easily woken up, still if I listen 2/3 hours at some point of the sleep cycle you're bound to be on light sleep even if you're a heavy sleeper :p
Also depends if Audeze has a closed back planar IEM planned :p

Feb 13, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #1,676 of 4,795
reading this thread is killing me....
I finally have funds ready to go for my first TOTL headphone system and I simply can't decide between LCD4i w/ Hugo 2 or Sony Z1R w/ TAZH1ES. To folks who've heard these headphones, what should I go for?

Feb 13, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #1,679 of 4,795
Treble was fairly off-putting to my ears, with a weird tonal balance. I enjoyed the iSine20 more than them, so I am imaging the i4 is leagues better, but this is just speculation.

Feb 13, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #1,680 of 4,795
reading this thread is killing me....
I finally have funds ready to go for my first TOTL headphone system and I simply can't decide between LCD4i w/ Hugo 2 or Sony Z1R w/ TAZH1ES. To folks who've heard these headphones, what should I go for?

A few things to note:
-LCDi4 is faaar more portable than the Z1R. Yes the Z1R is closed back but it's still too bulky and heavy to walk around with. The LCDi4 even has the cypher cable to connect to an iphone to listen and talk with (has a mic).
-The Sennheiser HD820 closed back headphone is coming out this summer. Maybe wait for that one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back