Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Jun 26, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #331 of 4,795
Jun 26, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #332 of 4,795
Hi there will always be a market for it to feed off our addiction! It does pay for itself based on the number of hours used unlike home hifi. Also this kit is a mood changer.

And for those of us who can't afford it, don't forget, that it's the profits from these higher margin products that drive the R&D that improves what we all have access to. I never dreamed of listening to music with headphones before the Shure 215 became available and that was barely passable (compared to my home equipment). Now I listen to full symphonic pieces on a headphone. Amazing progress.

Jun 26, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #333 of 4,795
The thing that truly impresses me about the LCDi4's is just how B-I-G they sound! In-ears that sound bigger than many full sized open-back headphones too! Such a revolutionary product! I can't wait until later this week when my Hugo 2 arrives and I can try this pairing. I was talking with Sankar the other day and he mentioned this was his "go to" source/driver for his LCDi4s...gonna be a fun weekend!

I'm just listening to Bill Evans Trio - Moon Beams, the soundstage is incredibly deep and wide, I strongly recommend this album.

Bill Evans Trio - Moon Beams.jpg

Jun 27, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #336 of 4,795
Dang I think there was a sell out at Beaver Hall. Three slide shows were held at Mooseville here in Southwestern Ontario. At least 90 percent of Canada came to see the slideshow of the images of Audeze's new i4. Reporters from the major newspaper and our TV station travelled to see the show. Honestly reporters think that we will receive at least a 9 on the Rotten Apples score which is pretty darn good for a slide show. Normally I would take all the credit for pretty much anything, but in all honesty if it were not for all of the supporters here at Head-Fi (and the beer), I don't think that I could have pulled this off. Tickets were $20 Canadian a head so now I can afford whatever Audeze's next version is.

Please take a look at the crowd and take a bow at what you helped make possible:

Image-1.jpg

Jun 27, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #338 of 4,795
It seems it's just as expected that Audeze's infamous QC to strike again and again even here...

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #341 of 4,795
Reporting an LCD-i4 dead on arrival on the right side, even with the regular i10 cable. This is unacceptable.
agree..esp at THAT price...
Aside from the price, the failure rate is alarmingly high. How many LCD-i4 have been produced so far? Not many — and yet from so few units produced we have already heard about so many failures.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #342 of 4,795
Aside from the price, the failure rate is alarmingly high. How many LCD-i4 have been produced so far? Not many — and yet from so few units produced we have already heard about so many failures.
This must be mission critical for Audeze to fix the problem pronto. Until they can get things under control they should IMO do quick exchanges for all affected customers. I mentioned the high failure rate less than a week ago and it has climbed ever since. We are such a small community. I wonder what is happening out in the real world...

Image-1.jpg

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #343 of 4,795
Don't know if you read my post in the iSine 10/20 thread, but I had 3 faulty Cipher cables in a row (Failed on upgrade, faulty operation of centre button, completely dead), plus my first set of LCD-2s had a faulty left connector. Currently waiting and watching before I buy anything

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #344 of 4,795
Don't know if you read my post in the iSine 10/20 thread, but I had 3 faulty Cipher cables in a row (Failed on upgrade, faulty operation of centre button, completely dead), plus my first set of LCD-2s had a faulty left connector. Currently waiting and watching before I buy anything

The left earpiece of my iSine 20s developed a buzz on low frequency notes. Audeze customer service has been quite good but the kicker is that I bought the 20s from Amazon and I called them yesterday, their response is they are sending me a new pair arriving tomorrow and I have 30 days to return the old pair.

Given that the iSines 10/20 are a relatively new product and the LCD-i4 a totally new product requiring new production techniques on a new production line its understandable to me that the initial failure rates are higher than what we or they would like. I don't take it as a sign of incompetence on Audeze's part. Yields from production lines increase as manufacturers gain production knowledge. Failure rates for them are lost money. Of course that's not our problem, we just expect our new toys to work their magic.

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #345 of 4,795
If I'm able to get a deal and test/buy a pair of iSine 20s at CanJam London, I'll be a happy bunny and several hundred quid lighter :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back