Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
May 31, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #106 of 4,796
Oh I'm sorry I thought you were asking reddog.
I've no clue how they sound actually. I haven't opened its box. The pre-order was non cancellable and I had backed it since January or so. The firm news about the LCD-i4 only came way after. So here I am, stuck with an Aeon and a toxic €185 import tax which I so far can't recoup ^^

My local Audeze retailer has only 1 pre-order inbound and I'm just crossing my fingers I'll get to scrounge the money in the time. Cuz boy I boy after hearing the iSine 10 &20, I don't feel like listening the a boxed in presentation of my Zeus R; even if it's my top iem so far.
Oh wow, the isine must of made a good impression on you if you would say that. Is their a sound difference between the 10 and 20?

May 31, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #107 of 4,796
The i4s arrived at my house today. Unfortunately, I'm on a plane headed to a work trip for 4 days...

From the pictures my wife took, the carrying case looks similar to the isine but wrapped in faux leather instead of nylon. The whole thing comes in a discrete box (appears to be the same size as isine, but no markings or pictures) with faux leather on three sides.

May 31, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #108 of 4,796
The i4s arrived at my house today. Unfortunately, I'm on a plane headed to a work trip for 4 days...

From the pictures my wife took, the carrying case looks similar to the isine but wrapped in faux leather instead of nylon. The whole thing comes in a discrete box (appears to be the same size as isine, but no markings or pictures) with faux leather on three sides.
I'll check the production packaging when our production unit arrives, but the final pre-production prototype's box didn't feel like faux leather, it felt like the real deal.

May 31, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #111 of 4,796
The faux was just an assumption on my part since the box is still unopened. Even better if your recollection is correct!
Well things can change between pre-production and production, including the packaging. It's entirely possible that the production packaging could have changed since we received the most recent unit several weeks ago. Heck, the unit I've been using didn't come with anything more than the IEMs, cables and a couple of tips. Cosmetically this one looks noticeably different from the unit Jude's been using recently. There's was a marked improvement in the overall look in just a few weeks. I'll take a look at the box when I get back to the office in the morning, but from memory there was nothing imitation about the leather used. Once we get the production packaging I'll grab several shots and get them uploaded. I'd rather post full-res production photos than the pre-production ones we used in the anechoic chamber video, just to make sure that they're as accurate as possible.

Jun 1, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #112 of 4,796
I just checked the pre-production package that we have at the office. The packaging itself does appear to be using an artificial leather cover, but the carrying case feels like genuine leather. Personally it's not a big deal to me because I think the packaging looks great. Having the case made of leather is nice since that's what most owners will be using if they don't purchase an aftermarket carrier like a Pelican or Storm case.

Jun 1, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #113 of 4,796
I would hope it is real leather...At this price point, everything about them should feel top notch in terms of materials. Obviously the most important thing is how they sound (and that's what I most care about) but totl/end game headphones need to look, sound and feel special.

Jun 2, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #116 of 4,796
Local Audeze dealer just told me the Belgian distributor received stock of the LCD-i4 !
But so far I only managed to scrounge half x-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back