Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Jun 17, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #4,621 of 4,801
Despite reports otherwise, it's pretty easy to dial in great EQ for the i4 with most devices or playback which allow for it. You can completely emulate the cipher cable sound with a competent eq (ex, I use UAPP for playback on cayin or other Android devices and it has an excellent eq, tho it costs a few bucks).
Good to know! Will have to try it out

Jun 18, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #4,622 of 4,801
Does anybody have an eq that emulates the cypher cable. I’d like to try it

Jun 21, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #4,623 of 4,801
Hi. I just got my i4's. I am using a third party cable, but I am worried about the phase issue. The cable i am using like 99% of cable has "normal" polarity between the two pins. That mean the i4s are indeed in reverse phase. But does that actually matter so long as both iems have the same phase? I need a definitive answer on this.
LCDi4 cable uses reverse polarity for sure. You can find more details on product information page of LCDI4.

Jul 25, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #4,624 of 4,801
IMG_6068.jpeg
For those looking for the ultimate comfort, try the Azla Xelastecs! Getting them on will require some finagling. Also if anyone wants to sell their LCD-i4s, I have a post up. Feel free to PM me.

Jul 25, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #4,625 of 4,801
IMG_6068.jpeg
For those looking for the ultimate comfort, try the Azla Xelastecs! Getting them on will require some finagling. Also if anyone wants to sell their LCD-i4s, I have a post up. Feel free to PM me.

Do these tips go deeper inside the ear canal? Spunfits sound best to me when they are just to touching ear canal but do not enter fully.
After few year with LCD i4 my main issu is ear hooks, I just can't keep rubber tips firmly in ear, they need constant readjustment while walking.
LCD i4 really would benefit from solid over the head strap, something thin but firm enough to keep pressure on ear pieces. There has been few posts here with photos of self made straps, one used a Grado metal strap, trouble is, since they are home made, they do not look terribly sexy.

Jul 25, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #4,626 of 4,801
Do these tips go deeper inside the ear canal? Spunfits sound best to me when they are just to touching ear canal but do not enter fully.
After few year with LCD i4 my main issu is ear hooks, I just can't keep rubber tips firmly in ear, they need constant readjustment while walking.
LCD i4 really would benefit from solid over the head strap, something thin but firm enough to keep pressure on ear pieces. There has been few posts here with photos of self made straps, one used a Grado metal strap, trouble is, since they are home made, they do not look terribly sexy.
They will go deeper if you want, I just have it where it makes a good enough seal for good bass reproduction. Typically I use small eartips but because of the wide nozzle, a slightly bigger eartip is preferred. I tried the spinfits but they just aren't as comfortable as AZLAs. Previously I was using the Max Standards but the Xelastecs are even better at staying on with or without earhooks!

Jul 25, 2023 at 4:11 AM Post #4,627 of 4,801
They will go deeper if you want, I just have it where it makes a good enough seal for good bass reproduction. Typically I use small eartips but because of the wide nozzle, a slightly bigger eartip is preferred. I tried the spinfits but they just aren't as comfortable as AZLAs. Previously I was using the Max Standards but the Xelastecs are even better at staying on with or without earhooks!
Thank you, will check them out.

Jul 25, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #4,628 of 4,801
Jul 25, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #4,630 of 4,801
IMG_6068.jpeg
Salute to you @itwasluck! I have a bunch of Xelastecs and just tried them on my LCD-i4. This is much BETTER, and more comfortable than the Spinfit CP155, & Bose Stay Hear ear tips. Thank you for sharing!

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #4,631 of 4,801
Salute to you @itwasluck! I have a bunch of Xelastecs and just tried them on my LCD-i4. This is much BETTER, and more comfortable than the Spinfit CP155, & Bose Stay Hear ear tips. Thank you for sharing!
No problem! Yeah these are by far the best I have found thus far.

Jul 25, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #4,632 of 4,801
There is absolutely no freakin way I can get the Xelastics on to the i4. No way. Not happening. Anyway, as good as these sound, they are too much trouble to try to use every day like I do with my 4z. The ear hooks always break within a month no fail, bought three sets of ear hooks and now they are all broken at the ring deal that goes onto the base of the i4 earpieces. I SO WISH that Audeze would make some kind of headband type deal so that the damned things would actually stay in and stay put. As good as the i4 sounds, it is just such a ****** pain in the a$$ to try to use them. Love the way they sound but hate the damned things because of how ridiculous they are to use consistently. Every time I get a whim to try to use them, I just end up putting them back in their Pelican case and tucked away in a drawer -again- so really bummed with these things. Such a shame as they do sound awesome if equipped with the proper tips and could actually get them to stay put where they need to be. I have a high-dollar silver balanced cable for them also. #wastedmoney

Jul 25, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #4,633 of 4,801
There is absolutely no freakin way I can get the Xelastics on to the i4. No way. Not happening. Anyway, as good as these sound, they are too much trouble to try to use every day like I do with my 4z. The ear hooks always break within a month no fail, bought three sets of ear hooks and now they are all broken at the ring deal that goes onto the base of the i4 earpieces. I SO WISH that Audeze would make some kind of headband type deal so that the damned things would actually stay in and stay put. As good as the i4 sounds, it is just such a ****** pain in the a$$ to try to use them. Love the way they sound but hate the damned things because of how ridiculous they are to use consistently. Every time I get a whim to try to use them, I just end up putting them back in their Pelican case and tucked away in a drawer -again- so really bummed with these things. Such a shame as they do sound awesome if equipped with the proper tips and could actually get them to stay put where they need to be. I have a high-dollar silver balanced cable for them also. #wastedmoney
If you want to sell let me know! The Xelastecs will fit 100%, you can stretch it slightly with a tweezer or with your hands to get it on (put the tweezer in the tip from the back around half way so you don't scuff the nozzle). Once you get the edges on, its fairly easy to slide it into place.

Jul 25, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #4,634 of 4,801
I sent Audeze an email basically pleading with them to make a headband type deal to fit these earpieces. I may consider selling them, have not got around to it because I so rarely attempt to use them any longer. I bot a Norne balanced silver cable for them, a Pelican case to fit, they sound awesome, but are basically un-useable for me the way they are now. If I decide to sell these, I will post up in classifieds. Kinda wish Audeze would do something about this headband idea though.

Jul 25, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #4,635 of 4,801
I sent Audeze an email basically pleading with them to make a headband type deal to fit these earpieces. I may consider selling them, have not got around to it because I so rarely attempt to use them any longer. I bot a Norne balanced silver cable for them, a Pelican case to fit, they sound awesome, but are basically un-useable for me the way they are now. If I decide to sell these, I will post up in classifieds. Kinda wish Audeze would do something about this headband idea though.
#1: Buy these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B4HF18C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can cut or use broken stock i4 hooks. The ones in the link slip off the included mount and you can slide them on the base of the stock hooks.

#2: Buy these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDYY7NK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

They work great. Really great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back