Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Apr 8, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #4,591 of 4,801
Wanted to share a tip (no pun intended). I found the ear hooks big or small uncomfortable. I also have Stax SR003 MKII and these Bose-style sport ear tips work perfectly. I no longer use the hooks and the fit and sound are excellent.
41h9fntRuNL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
This is amazing! These take these headphones to another level, mainly due to both comfort and a repeatable fit. Thanks so much for the recommendation!

Apr 8, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #4,592 of 4,801
Wanted to share a tip (no pun intended). I found the ear hooks big or small uncomfortable. I also have Stax SR003 MKII and these Bose-style sport ear tips work perfectly. I no longer use the hooks and the fit and sound are excellent.
41h9fntRuNL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
Where did you get these from?

Apr 8, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #4,594 of 4,801
Very happily enjoying my LCDi4s with the AK Kann Max after achieving a happy EQ! The pic is of the Kann Max screen EQ after tinkering.
20221223_125933.jpg
Can you advise what the other settings are in your equalizer on your A&K beyond 500k. I am trying to match your settings just by the picture but it would be a great help to know what the settings are so I can just dial it in. Thanks!

Apr 8, 2023 at 11:54 PM Post #4,595 of 4,801
Can you advise what the other settings are in your equalizer on your A&K beyond 500k. I am trying to match your settings just by the picture but it would be a great help to know what the settings are so I can just dial it in. Thanks!
I wish I would have taken a pic of that latter half of the FR for EQ, but I sold my AK. I'm now using a Cayin n6ii R01 for it but essentially the same EQ. I was using the suggested settings found in this thread and they were spot on.

Apr 9, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #4,596 of 4,801
I wish I would have taken a pic of that latter half of the FR for EQ, but I sold my AK. I'm now using a Cayin n6ii R01 for it but essentially the same EQ. I was using the suggested settings found in this thread and they were spot on.
Thanks. By the way, did you ever get an answer to your question regarding using the cipher cable with the anker adapter and the A&K. I had the same problem of it going to max volume of 150 without being able to control the volume on either the cipher cable or the A&K.

Apr 10, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #4,597 of 4,801
Thanks. By the way, did you ever get an answer to your question regarding using the cipher cable with the anker adapter and the A&K. I had the same problem of it going to max volume of 150 without being able to control the volume on either the cipher cable or the A&K.

Here's my Foobar eq if that helps. Looks similar to the one on the AK.

Foobar i4 eq 2023.jpg

Apr 11, 2023 at 1:33 AM Post #4,598 of 4,801
Here's my Foobar eq if that helps. Looks similar to the one on the AK.

I will try that, thanks.
No I didn't, and I sold it, I'm done with delta sigma chip DAPs.

Apr 21, 2023 at 2:41 AM Post #4,599 of 4,801
Found an entirely new way to easily enjoy these monsters! Using Audirvana to manage my music incorporating the LCD-i4 reveal plugin (still playing with the Wet setting), my LCDi4s sound amazing thru the ifi Gryphon! No additional settings necessary...even tho this little gizmo can provide it. Worth every penny, and looking forward to hearing more.
20230203_113134.jpg
Hey there, would you mind sharing with me what fins those are? I'd love to try them on the pair I just bought. Had Sines before this and just no on the hooks and included fins.

Apr 21, 2023 at 2:48 AM Post #4,600 of 4,801
Hey there, would you mind sharing with me what fins those are? I'd love to try them on the pair I just bought. Had Sines before this and just no on the hooks and included fins.
This is what you're looking for:

US $2.30 8%OFF | Promotions 2 Color Silicone Earphone ear hooks plugs earhook earplug for In-Ear Headphone 4pcs/lot Free shipping
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKOKJc8

Apr 21, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #4,602 of 4,801
Well I'll be. Thank you kindly, stranger. Cheers to you and to comfortable listening.
You might look at the ones a few posts higher from Amazon. I just received a set and they truly are perfect for the i4.

Apr 22, 2023 at 1:17 AM Post #4,604 of 4,801
Apr 28, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #4,605 of 4,801
I’ve owned and still own a fair few top tier iems (MEST indigo, ier z1r, legend x, u12t, Solaris og, andromeda, ve elysium, ie900, a8000) but these and the kse1200 are on a different level. These really are like a light lcd 4 that I can use for hours with no neck ache! Truthfully I could leave the hobby with these and the kse1200
I'm reading a few pages of the thread and came across your answer. Here in my country there was an opportunity for me to buy an LCD-i4. But I'm also very interested in Mest MK2, as you have both products, could you tell me more about them, what do you think of both?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back