Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Jul 8, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #4,321 of 4,796
The Audeze website looks like it is showing the LCD i4 is available again for purchase. I was able to add it to a cart along with the LCD i3 so doesn't look like a bug.
Hopefully this is a sign that Audeze is listening to the market place that still is looking for an infinitely EQ able iem that is an open back. As long as I have a Hugo2 and the Reveal+ plug-in, I'm good. I may be trapped in an infinite loop of adjusting eq depending on the mood, but I am happy with the LCD i4 ability to have weightly bass and clear highs with great separation. So, this may not be a portable solution in my case, I don't find connecting to a SP2000 particularly entertaining, but a Microsoft Surface or full gaming i9 laptop running realtime with the muscle to do the computations using a Hugo2 with Reveal+ is heaven to drive the LCD i4.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #4,322 of 4,796
Hi, I would like to optimize my portability solutions with my i4s. I have an iPhone. I have tried the Qudelix and the Luxury and Precision W2 and the cipher cable. I like the Qudelix because of the i4 DSP preset. But the i4 sounds a little less crisp compared to the W2, but the W2 doesn't have an equalizer setting that really works. I have Room at home and it sounds very good with the W2, but you have to have wifi.

Anyone have any thoughts about the ultimate iPhone portability solution? In other words, the sweet spot solution that is easily handled walking around town.

I would love to be able to listen to my lossless Apple or Qobuz playlists while on the move.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #4,324 of 4,796
I love my i4 with the cipher lightning cable as the dsp in the cable does some eq magic. I don’t feel the need for another device in betweeen unless you want more headroom more finer volume control.
Thanks. I tested the cipher cable this morning against the Qudelix and the Qudelix sounded better to my ears. Perhaps the Q has a little more power for driving the i4s. I am just looking for the elusive next step up in sound and easy portability walking around.

Jul 18, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #4,325 of 4,796
WIth the cipher cable and the ios audeze app on, I have the eq on neutral, but you can adjust it also to your liking. The iphone I feel is probably a little underpowered. I find also the volume control not fine enough, but good enough overall for me to sacrifice that and have an incredibly portable system. All the best in your search.

Jul 18, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #4,327 of 4,796
WIth the cipher cable and the ios audeze app on, I have the eq on neutral, but you can adjust it also to your liking. The iphone I feel is probably a little underpowered. I find also the volume control not fine enough, but good enough overall for me to sacrifice that and have an incredibly portable system. All the best in your search.
Thanks for the above tip. I'll try it out!

Jul 31, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #4,329 of 4,796
I bought a Mojo 2 yesterday. My original Chord Hugo from 2016 has been dead for quite some time, and because of that my i4s has been gathering dust for too long. The i4s really needs power to shine. The last 6 months I´ve only listened to my FiR Audio Kr5 customs. They are quite good. Perhaps among the very best out there. But I must say that I was shocked when I listened to the i4s after such a long break. The i4s are much better... perhaps not in the bass department. But everything else is a home run for the Audeze. Love the open sound, the holographic soundstage, the tonality... everything. I'm of course using Roon and the DPS with Audeze LCD i4 preset. I'm so happy I back with my i4 again. :D

Jul 31, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #4,330 of 4,796
I bought a Mojo 2 yesterday. My original Chord Hugo from 2016 has been dead for quite some time, and because of that my i4s has been gathering dust for too long. The i4s really needs power to shine. The last 6 months I´ve only listened to my FiR Audio Kr5 customs. They are quite good. Perhaps among the very best out there. But I must say that I was shocked when I listened to the i4s after such a long break. The i4s are much better... perhaps not in the bass department. But everything else is a home run for the Audeze. Love the open sound, the holographic soundstage, the tonality... everything. I'm of course using Roon and the DPS with Audeze LCD i4 preset. I'm so happy I back with my i4 again. :D
did you try the EQ function on mojo 2 with i4s?

Jul 31, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #4,331 of 4,796
I feel like this too. I like the Cipher cable sound better for some reason over the built-in Audeze DSP in Roon and also the plug in which I also used with Audirvana before.
I love my i4 with the cipher lightning cable as the dsp in the cable does some eq magic. I don’t feel the need for another device in betweeen unless you want more headroom more finer volume control.

Jul 31, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #4,332 of 4,796
The Mojo2 only supports bass and treble shelf EQ filters. The i4 needs band filters in certain areas, which the Mojo2 doesn’t have. So it is not possible to even remotely replicate Audeze’s cipher/preset EQ correction on the Mojo2.

Aug 2, 2022 at 5:36 AM Post #4,333 of 4,796
The Mojo 2 EQ doesn't "fix" the i4s on their own, but it's a nice supplement to the Audeze DSP filter in Roon. I mostly run Mojo 2 flat, but the crossfeed in Mojo 2 is very good. It's quite sublime and doesn't affect any frequencies as I can hear (sometimes you loose bass with crossfeed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back