Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
May 2, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #4,306 of 4,795
Yes you can, there’s EQ on Mojo 2
I don't know if I would call their 4 zone (band) tone controls EQ. Personally I've tried GEQ with >20 bands, but it still falls way short of targeted PMEQ which is how the Reveal plugin works. Not saying you can't get a result that you like, but let's be a little more specific to what a Mojo 2 is able to do so that others like me who expect PMEQ level of control won't be making a $800 mistake.

May 2, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #4,307 of 4,795
Hey, everybody looking for answers. I have the Oriolus SE02. 4.4mm fully balanced, only be 5-band, but I've been able to tune the LCD-i4 qell enough with it and LOVE it combined with my Shanling m8 and a little less so with my Sony ZX507. Point t being, that with the 5 bands included and a good DAP, you get more than enough to get the enjoyment you want, IMO. $300 for am eq foe one device...but when the device was almost $3k, it's worth it, IMO.
H8bb8d6251ee54dc0a18853986e1d7123K.jpg

May 14, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #4,308 of 4,795
I've been reading through the comparisons made by owners of the Euclid and LCD-i4. It seems that if properly setup the LCD-i4 is still ultimately the better sounding IEM even with all the requirements to get the best sound out of it like a silent environment, a source strong enough to drive it to full potential, Reveal+. I am perfectly happy with it even if it is really is best in my desktop setup. Seems the LCD-i4 really needs at least a Hugo 2 to sound full and balanced.

Last edited:
May 14, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #4,309 of 4,795
I've been reading through the comparisons made by owners of the Euclid and LCD-i4. It seems that if properly setup the LCD-i4 is still ultimately the better sounding IEM even with all the requirements to get the best sound out of it like a silent environment, a source strong enough to drive it to full potential, Reveal+. I am perfectly happy with it even if it is really is best in my desktop setup. Seems the LCD-i4 really needs at least a Hugo 2 to sound full and balanced.
I thought Hugo 2 as well, but the Mojo 2 can do it. I have both and sometimes prefer mojo 2 for it’s subtle EQ when out and about.

May 14, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #4,310 of 4,795
I think those who have ranked the LCD-i4 low on their list, most like have used too weak a driving amp or never got passed the EQ requirements. Glad to hear the Mojo2 has enough power to make the LCD-i4 sound good. I have a Mojo lying around that I should go find and see how it sounds. Just about everything else except my full desktop systems just can't get the LCD-i4 to sound right. Is your Hugo2 volume at dark blue or indigo when you listen to the LCD-i4?

Update: I think I have found the source of my problem with the low volume. The Reveal+ plugin limiter function was set to reduce clipping too strong killing the output db by -7db. Bypassing some of the Reveal+ filtering and functions introduces some artifacts and crackling, but improves the "live" sound.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #4,311 of 4,795
Shout out to whomever recommended the Spinfit CP155 eartips for the LCD-i4. This is my favorite IEM bar none. Sounds fantastic with my DX300!

Jun 15, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #4,314 of 4,795
I know classifieds is the place, but if any of you try on to sell their lcd i4, let me know in pm.
You may have better luck with TTVJ, The Source AV, or being really patient and constantly checking the classifieds. There weren't any listed for Audeze's B-Stock sale today. I'd keep checking them as well. Hopefully, you find a pair.. The LCD-i4 is a spectacular IEM. Good luck and happy hunting.

Jun 15, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #4,315 of 4,795
I know classifieds is the place, but if any of you try on to sell their lcd i4, let me know in pm.

I really should, they've just been sitting in the case and I haven't used them since last fall. Maybe if the right offer comes along.

Jun 17, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #4,316 of 4,795
Does anyone have recommendations for more pliable earhooks? Looking for something that doesn't get in the way of my glasses and contours a little closer to the ears. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Jun 17, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #4,317 of 4,795
Does anyone have recommendations for more pliable earhooks? Looking for something that doesn't get in the way of my glasses and contours a little closer to the ears. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

You could do my idea and stuff the low profile Bax or SuperBax cable the i4. No modifications needed. (Linum Estron company cables)

Super-light, no earhook, and can conform to the ear more easily.........but....is kind of springy and really depends that you twist it formally with an over/under twist when putting it away.

IMG_20220105_213207.jpg

IMG_20220105_213202.jpg

IMG_20220105_213156-1.jpg

The picture above are with the 4-stranded SuperBax cable.

But if you go for the cheaper Bax cable.
The 2-strand version, the Bax cable is so light I can wear it with the lcd-i4 with the cable down and it doesn't pull off.
I only need to use the concha-earfins with the Bax cable. Very fast to wear with a quick thoughtless twist.

IMG_20201207_130450.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #4,318 of 4,795
You could do my idea and stuff the low profile Bax or SuperBax cable the i4. No modifications needed. (Linum Estron company cables)

Super-light, no earhook, and can conform to the ear more easily.........but....is kind of springy and really depends that you twist it formally with an over/under twist when putting it away.

IMG_20220105_213207.jpg
IMG_20220105_213202.jpg
IMG_20220105_213156-1.jpg
The picture above are with the 4-stranded SuperBax cable.

But if you go for the cheaper Bax cable.
The 2-strand version, the Bax cable is so light I can wear it with the lcd-i4 with the cable down and it doesn't pull off.
I only need to use the concha-earfins with the Bax cable. Very fast to wear with a quick thoughtless twist.

IMG_20201207_130450.jpg
I just received new cables from Hart Audio this morning for my i4.... Your post reminded me of one where someone wore their i4's upside down and they looped the cable around their ears. But I will take a look at that SuperBax cable as well. That looks really thin. By the way, what is the DAC hanging from your pocket in the picture?

Jun 17, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #4,319 of 4,795
I just received new cables from Hart Audio this morning for my i4.... Your post reminded me of one where someone wore their i4's upside down and they looped the cable around their ears. But I will take a look at that SuperBax cable as well. That looks really thin. By the way, what is the DAC hanging from your pocket in the picture?

That is the Qudelix 5k dac/amp & bluetooth receiver (can be used bluetooth or wired).

Also it has pEQ options. Up to 10-bands.

Jun 17, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #4,320 of 4,795
That is the Qudelix 5k dac/amp & bluetooth receiver (can be used bluetooth or wired).

Also it has pEQ options. Up to 10-bands.
I'm going to have to do some research about the Qudelix 5K in comparison to the iFi Go Blu, Fiio BTR5, & Shanling UP5. Thank you @Infoseeker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back