Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Dec 13, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #4,126 of 4,795
I use a Norne Silvergarde and I've never swapped to anything else since.

Dec 13, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #4,128 of 4,795
Hello All, I love my I4 out of Single ended stock cable with the Kann Alpha. I was hoping of I could better my experience by getting a better 8-core silver cable. Hoping someone helps me with a few suggestions (suggestions based on your own experiences will be more helpful for me). 🙏🏻🙂

Cheers,
Vishy
We might be able to help you more with some more information.

Price range?

Sonic Preference/System Synergy: Are you looking for more warmth or more clarity, soundstage, imaging, bass, treble, etc.

Dec 13, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #4,129 of 4,795
We might be able to help you more with some more information.

Price range?

Sonic Preference/System Synergy: Are you looking for more warmth or more clarity, soundstage, imaging, bass, treble, etc.
Hi Edward, I am basically looking for an improvement in almost all directions, I can spare upto 1000usd for the same, but if it comes, will be happier to take that too! 😁😁

Cheers,
Vishy

Dec 13, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #4,130 of 4,795
Hi Edward, I am basically looking for an improvement in almost all directions, I can spare upto 1000usd for the same, but if it comes, will be happier to take that too! 😁😁

Cheers,
Vishy
Hey Vishy,

I totally get that your looking for improvement in all directions. We all are, but as you know upgrading audio is usually a balancing game. One cable is better at soundstage but not as good on clarity. Another cable is clear and transparent but sounds a bit thin. You know how it goes. However, you're right the only way to really to do it is to dive in and get as much as you can of everything.

For a 1000USD, Effect Audio Leonidas is a really nice combination of upgrades in all directions. It's also a real looker.

Just my opinion but hope that helps.

Dec 14, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #4,131 of 4,795

Cheers,
Vishy

I have tried various Moon SD cables and they can the effect of smoothening transients and making the sound more airy.

But of course system synergies will play a part.

Norne is usually a safe bet.

Dec 14, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #4,132 of 4,795
I have tried various Moon SD cables and they can the effect of smoothening transients and making the sound more airy.

But of course system synergies will play a part.

Norne is usually a safe bet.
Thanks for that Sajid bhai, will keep that in mind, are you also planning to look for one for your upcoming I4, or are you planning to stay with the stock one itself??

Dec 14, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #4,133 of 4,795
Hey Vishy,

I totally get that your looking for improvement in all directions. We all are, but as you know upgrading audio is usually a balancing game. One cable is better at soundstage but not as good on clarity. Another cable is clear and transparent but sounds a bit thin. You know how it goes. However, you're right the only way to really to do it is to dive in and get as much as you can of everything.

For a 1000USD, Effect Audio Leonidas is a really nice combination of upgrades in all directions. It's also a real looker.

Just my opinion but hope that helps.
Thanks fir that Edward, I have noted Leo as a possible option. I'll start reading about it now. 🙂

Dec 14, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #4,135 of 4,795
Yup! Got the adapter from Amazon today and they sound great with the Mini as expected.

Dec 14, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #4,136 of 4,795
You use an 8-core or a 4-core cable bro?
You use an 8-core or a 4-core cable bro?
It’s a hefty 4 wire. Whatever you get, make sure it doesn’t have memory wire.

D69DFB3B-1731-48B4-B701-0687D6877641.jpeg

Dec 14, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #4,138 of 4,795
Is that an official Audeze iSine/LCDi case or did you make that? Looks pretty cool.
I made it. Nothing exotic. I think it's a Pelican 1060 with pick n' pluck foam

Dec 14, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #4,139 of 4,795
Guys

Am considering on the LCDi4 I already have the Euclid which I like loads, running through HiBy RS6 on it’s own or with the Cayin C9 headphone amp. Alternatively it’s my phone through Cayin RU6, am interested in the i4 being open back and giving a different presentation, however am but reluctant due to the possible need to use EQ to get the best out of the i4.

If any one had tried both Euclid and i4 am interested to hear your thoughts…..

Dec 14, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #4,140 of 4,795
Guys

Am considering on the LCDi4 I already have the Euclid which I like loads, running through HiBy RS6 on it’s own or with the Cayin C9 headphone amp. Alternatively it’s my phone through Cayin RU6, am interested in the i4 being open back and giving a different presentation, however am but reluctant due to the possible need to use EQ to get the best out of the i4.

If any one had tried both Euclid and i4 am interested to hear your thoughts…..
I have both and consider them to be the perfect pairing to cover home/studio use and remote/noisy environments. I have some more detailed thoughts over on the Euclid thread.

For me the i4 needs EQ. I was using a HiBy, but couldn't figure out how to use the MSEB system to EQ. Ended up with an iBassoDX240, which has nice EQ capability. From what I can tell the C9 would be fantastic with the i4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back