Audeze LCD-5 Review, Measurements, Interview
Apr 6, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #6,361 of 6,785
And do you have to unplug your headphones every time you turn on and off the monoblocks to avoid the pop on and off noises?
I can see other say its mandatory for class AB amps, not sure if it is for class D as well.
No, I never turn off the monoblocks. Being class D, they produce very little heat, and being NCore, they didn't pop. But I do unplug the headphones after each use, in case there is a surge in the line.

For an added lair of protection, you can get an attenuation box like the HE adapter. This would give you a little more headroom out of your pre-amp / DAC.

Apr 14, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #6,363 of 6,785
Grabbed the LCD-5 today and coming from the 4, the first thing I notice is the 5 is way more comfortable. Listen to mostly Metal and Rock, so far really enjoying the 5.
Trivium, particularly the last few releases, sounds amazing on LCD-5 🤘

Apr 18, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #6,366 of 6,785
I used this one . Its a little pricey, but sounds great.

https://accuratesound.ca/store/#filter
How does this work with equaliser APO? I don't use roon and my primary music source is tidal/spotify

1681830796583.png

Apr 18, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #6,367 of 6,785
How does this work with equaliser APO? I don't use roon and my primary music source is tidal/spotify
You have to add the convolution filter from the drop down menu.

That being said, I would try out other methods first before buying some premade convolution filter. If you are tech savvy, you can make your own with Rephase and import them into EQAPO. Or I can give you mine that I made from the AutoEQ repository. I'll post pics of my APO setup as well once I get some free time.

Edit: Copy this into a text file, then make it a WAV file: https://pastebin.com/BmL97YQB
Screenshot_20230418-104956_Remote Desktop.jpg

He's the setup I use for APO. I've got a hearing imbalance in my left ear, which is why I have it set up like this. I also have a separate convolution for my HD800. All you need is the preamp, selectr channel (choose all) and the convolution with impulse.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #6,368 of 6,785
Apr 18, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #6,369 of 6,785
You have to add the convolution filter from the drop down menu.

That being said, I would try out other methods first before buying some premade convolution filter. If you are tech savvy, you can make your own with Rephase and import them into EQAPO. Or I can give you mine that I made from the AutoEQ repository. I'll post pics of my APO setup as well once I get some free time.

Edit: Copy this into a text file, then make it a WAV file: https://pastebin.com/BmL97YQBScreenshot_20230418-104956_Remote Desktop.jpg
He's the setup I use for APO. I've got a hearing imbalance in my left ear, which is why I have it set up like this. I also have a separate convolution for my HD800. All you need is the preamp, selectr channel (choose all) and the convolution with impulse.
Also, just a disclaimer, this filter uses minimum phase for the sub bass boost. I have a higher tap filter that uses linear phase for the sub bass, but I would warn that it likely has quite a bit of pre-ringing and a noticably large delay.

Apr 18, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #6,371 of 6,785
Also, just a disclaimer, this filter uses minimum phase for the sub bass boost. I have a higher tap filter that uses linear phase for the sub bass, but I would warn that it likely has quite a bit of pre-ringing and a noticably large delay.
Hmm, I tried the filter but there's quite a bit of static/farting noise as I'm playing the music. How do I solve that?

Apr 18, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #6,372 of 6,785
Last edited:
Apr 18, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #6,373 of 6,785
Apr 18, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #6,374 of 6,785
Hmm, I tried the filter but there's quite a bit of static/farting noise as I'm playing the music. How do I solve that?
Sounds like the preamp is incorrect and you are clipping. Or the filter was copied incorrectly. I can share my direct file with you, just PM me a link where you want me to drop the file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back