Audeze LCD-5 Review, Measurements, Interview
Sep 28, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #856 of 6,785
I canceled my Audeze order and went with headphones.com; now to regret that, while I wait for weeks just to save on sales taxes.
It's not just to save on taxes, you also get an unbelievable 365 day return period.

Sep 28, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #857 of 6,785
whoa whoa whoa whoa..

Man, now I'm hoping mine isn't delayed because I asked for them to include a balanced cable instead... :O

When did you order?
I ordered the same morning that they were announced. 😊

Sep 28, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #858 of 6,785
It's not just to save on taxes, you also get an unbelievable 365 day return period.
*On your first two orders for that year.

Then there is a 25% restock fee.

Sep 28, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #859 of 6,785

But if you’re returning more than 2 orders, that’s just mean. I like the return policy but no company can survive taking back too many returns and being forced to sell them at open box prices. I’d probably resell mine on head-fi and take the loss on my end than ask a small business to take the hit.

Sep 29, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #860 of 6,785
I canceled my Audeze order and went with headphones.com; now to regret that, while I wait for weeks just to save on sales taxes.
Or you could view it in your mind as "$250 expedited shipping" :wink:

The return policy is honestly very nice considering the limited amount of impressions we have thus far to make an informed decision. I think that's worth waiting an extra week or so. Besides, it's not like I make these kinds of purchases every other week... The anticipation is part of the ride.

Sep 29, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #861 of 6,785
Well it seems like a mistake that I bought a LCD4 last year. The weight issue is very noticeable and I struggled to listen to anything without neck pain. Glad to see the problem solved.

Sep 29, 2021 at 3:29 AM Post #862 of 6,785

It opens a new Lifestyle though.
You can basically rent 2 headphones per year and return them at 25% loss.

Similar to buying new and selling afterwards but without the struggle to find a buyer.

Sep 29, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #864 of 6,785

Similar to buying new and selling afterwards but without the struggle to find a buyer.
I'm pretty sure they track your returns and will not allow you to purchase once you're deemed as someone taking advantage of their policy.

Sep 29, 2021 at 6:17 AM Post #865 of 6,785
I'm pretty sure they track your returns and will not allow you to purchase once you're deemed as someone taking advantage of their policy.
To me it seems calculated with that ridiculous 25% restocking fee.

They will resell the returned B units again for the rest of the value.

Sep 29, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #868 of 6,785

Actually, the way I'm reading it, you can rent two headphones per 365 day period and pay only for shipping, provided you return them in like new condition. Worse condition: 20% fee. More than two: 25% fee for the third, fourth, etc.

Would be interesting if they are cumulative, i.e. if the restocking fee for returning a third item in a 365 day period in less than like new condition is 45%.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #870 of 6,785
Actually, the way I'm reading it, you can rent two headphones per 365 day period and pay only for shipping, provided you return them in like new condition. Worse condition: 20% fee. More than two: 25% fee for the third, fourth, etc.

Would be interesting if they are cumulative, i.e. if the restocking fee for returning a third item in a 365 day period in less than like new condition is 45%.
That’s not the way it’s intended and let’s all treat the few suppliers and companies in this niche market with respect and kindness. Also I don’t want to derail this convo, so let’s get back on topic of lcd-5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back