Audeze LCD-5 Review, Measurements, Interview
Sep 22, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #526 of 6,785
That's a little less obfuscation and more honesty.
I have owned several audeze HP's and have had one driver failure and when I did audeze dealt with it about as well as could be asked, also of all the manufacturers I have dealt with audeze has IMHO the best customer service of any....just saying..I have also had driver failures with other HP's

Sep 22, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #527 of 6,785
I have owned several audeze HP's and have had one driver failure and when I did audeze dealt with it about as well as could be asked, also of all the manufacturers I have dealt with audeze has IMHO the best customer service of any....just saying..I have also had driver failures with other HP's
Me too. LCD-2, Rev 2, LCD-3, all failed. Classic was one that didn't. Previous LCD-2 also cracked at the connector.

Audeze has always provided excellent service, their products often need it which is the catch.

Sep 22, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #528 of 6,785
I posted this in the LCD-4 thread, but thought actually it was even more important to post here as well:

Then you're in for a real treat! Throw in stat-like quickness that only a few non-stat headphones can achieve, outstanding detail retrieval and a more balanced approach through the mids to the treble WITHOUT sacrificing the killer LCD-like bass (only tighter and faster with the same level of slam). Day three now with them and as I'm getting to know them better I am absolutely loving what I'm hearing! Throw in the 1/3 weight reduction and added comfort for the win!

Sep 22, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #529 of 6,785
peter is a guy I trust,good to hear

Sep 22, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #531 of 6,785
I have blind ordered my amp/dac and cable! Hope they all arrive next week for my birthday while i'm off even though I know they won't.

Sep 22, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #532 of 6,785
I posted this in the LCD-4 thread, but thought actually it was even more important to post here as well:

Then you're in for a real treat! Throw in stat-like quickness that only a few non-stat headphones can achieve, outstanding detail retrieval and a more balanced approach through the mids to the treble WITHOUT sacrificing the killer LCD-like bass (only tighter and faster with the same level of slam). Day three now with them and as I'm getting to know them better I am absolutely loving what I'm hearing! Throw in the 1/3 weight reduction and added comfort for the win!
Niiiiice. I've already pre-ordered, and this just helped confirm what I'm hoping for out of them.

Sep 22, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #533 of 6,785

Let's gooooo. I've been running OG LCD-2's since they first came out and this will be my first significant upgrade since then. Given that I now wear them 8 hours/day as I work from home, I'm incredibly excited for not only the upgraded sound, but the weight reduction/comfort. Keep those impressions coming! :)

What amp/dac are you listening through? I've got a Schiit setup over here.

Sep 22, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #534 of 6,785

Great to hear that you've got one and are putting it through it's paces, it would be even better to hear if you plan on comparing and contrasting the LCD-5 to the Abyss 1266-TC.

Cheers,
GS

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #535 of 6,785
I think the contrast between the early portion of this thread in which these headphones have been slammed solely over FR graphs, and the coming pages after many more people *actually hear* the LCD-5 could be very interesting.

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #536 of 6,785
Let's gooooo. I've been running OG LCD-2's since they first came out and this will be my first significant upgrade since then. Given that I now wear them 8 hours/day as I work from home, I'm incredibly excited for not only the upgraded sound, but the weight reduction/comfort. Keep those impressions coming! :)

What amp/dac are you listening through? I've got a Schiit setup over here.
I love them straight out of my Chord DAVE, but they seem to kick up a tad in terms of dynamics when I put my Benchmark HPA4 into the mix. I haven't tried my HSA-1b as an amp for them yet. They aren't as power hungry as the LCD-4, so the DAVE is just brilliant with them.

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #538 of 6,785
I love them straight out of my Chord DAVE, but they seem to kick up a tad in terms of dynamics when I put my Benchmark HPA4 into the mix. I haven't tried my HSA-1b as an amp for them yet. They aren't as power hungry as the LCD-4, so the DAVE is just brilliant with them.

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting that, I thought they were a good 7db less efficient than the LCD-4's, therefore harder to drive.

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #539 of 6,785
Oh wow, I wasn't expecting that, I thought they were a good 7db less efficient than the LCD-4's, therefore harder to drive.
Yup, but low impedance, so less voltage swing required to deliver the necessary current. Makes life easier for most amps (except OTLs).

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back