Audeze LCD-4z - Impressions Thread
Jul 18, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #1,846 of 2,479
Just received the WyWires Platinum Series cable in the mail, which is terminated with a 1/4" jack. It took about two and a half weeks to arrive after ordering.

I'm happy with the build quality and it is definitely lighter than the stock cable and looks cleaner to me. Sure the connectors are nothing fancy but I wasn't really expecting that. Sound wise I might be hearing more detail and space in the sound but I haven't burned it in so maybe it's just placebo. I'll try and post impressions after 50ish hours or so of use. Anyways I'm happy so far with the cable.

Jul 18, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #1,847 of 2,479
Just received the WyWires Platinum Series cable in the mail, which is terminated with a 1/4" jack. It took about two and a half weeks to arrive after ordering.

I'm happy with the build quality and it is definitely lighter than the stock cable and looks cleaner to me. Sure the connectors are nothing fancy but I wasn't really expecting that. Sound wise I might be hearing more detail and space in the sound but I haven't burned it in so maybe it's just placebo. I'll try and post impressions after 50ish hours or so of use. Anyways I'm happy so far with the cable.

Been considering one too. Looking forward to your review !

Jul 25, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #1,848 of 2,479
The more I try other headphones the more I come back to the 4z loving it even more.
Everything else seems to have peaks and sharpness in the sound.
I would however enjoy more overall clarity in the 4z. Anyone got a eq recipe to push the vocals and overall mid-range forward?

Jul 25, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #1,849 of 2,479
better than any other HP but you would like more clarity?...interesting

Jul 25, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #1,850 of 2,479
better than any other HP but you would like more clarity?...interesting
Yes, because all other pairs had shouty, sibilance and piercing notes, on some recordings. But 4z never, however I do wish for more of a forward sound, more clarity, yet no fatigue... I guess it just doesn't exist

Only did try utopia, hd800s, Tia Fourte, verite open he1000se, all were sibilant, some more than others, to me, yet some had more clarity. Expecially Fourte. I find iems to be more revealing than full size like u18t, Fourte, for example, but the BA lower end and spikes in the FR are downers

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #1,851 of 2,479
Yes, because all other pairs had shouty, sibilance and piercing notes, on some recordings. But 4z never, however I do wish for more of a forward sound, more clarity, yet no fatigue... I guess it just doesn't exist

Only did try utopia, hd800s, Tia Fourte, verite open he1000se, all were sibilant, some more than others, to me, yet some had more clarity. Expecially Fourte. I find iems to be more revealing than full size like u18t, Fourte, for example, but the BA lower end and spikes in the FR are downers

I love my 4Z with a more mobile setup but it can’t touch Abyss TC or a well powered Susvara in clarity.. you ought to give those a try.

Jul 25, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #1,853 of 2,479
Can't wait to try the abyss.
Would a Diana version be very close to the TC?

Think of Diana as a lightweight competitor. I would personally go for it only if I wanted music on the go.
I can’t help but notice that Diana ends up being the gateway to Abyss for most.

Jul 26, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #1,854 of 2,479

I can say if you think a Verite Open is sibilant (Which I don't this is close to be so), then save yourself time, by not bothering with the TC which has a much more present upper mid than the Verite.

Jul 27, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #1,855 of 2,479
Joined the LCD-4z team. I bought it for my Hugo2go for mobile use. It sounds good. Tried it on my main rig (mDAVE and Wa33), and it doesn’t sound substantially better than the H2G. I guess you all were right. It’s perfect for mobile, but won’t get a lot of burn on my main rig (That’s for my TCs and Susvaras)

What headphone cable do you all recommend?

Jul 27, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #1,856 of 2,479
Joined the LCD-4z team. I bought it for my Hugo2go for mobile use. It sounds good. Tried it on my main rig (mDAVE and Wa33), and it doesn’t sound substantially better than the H2G. I guess you all were right. It’s perfect for mobile, but won’t get a lot of burn on my main rig (That’s for my TCs and Susvaras)

Not the wywires cables.cheap components and sound doesn't beat a 50$ basic copper cable. I've heard a silver 8wire artic cable and boy was it awesome!

Jul 27, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #1,857 of 2,479

congrats... copying me!!!!

get this one looks great and only 4 days from ordering in the EU to CA delivery...

https://www.lavricables.com/cables/grand-20-core-silver-audeze-lcd4-upgrade-cable/

ALSO got the Sony IER Z1R.... its like a mini LCD4Z! Thats the dynamic trio!

How do you like the sound with h2go 4z??? awesome right?
IMG_3446.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #1,858 of 2,479

you should also post in the h2g0 forum about the experience!

Jul 27, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #1,859 of 2,479

Users who are viewing this thread

Back