Audeze LCD-4z - Impressions Thread
Sep 8, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #1,216 of 2,477
Sep 8, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #1,217 of 2,477
I was quite puzzled reading that review as well. Maybe these dudes should run reviews on something else than headphones.. not too qualified..

Sep 8, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #1,218 of 2,477
I posted up a rebuttal to that nonsense as an actual owner of the headphones but they did not add it to the thread. So (to me) this whole "review" was obviously a farce, propagated by someone with an agenda.

But it is OK, everyone has an opinion and this joke of a review does nothing to diminish my enjoyment of these headphones. Currently listening to Tangerine Dream on my 4z. Life is good.

Sep 9, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #1,219 of 2,477
I received the LCD-24 last Friday. There's something about receiving new HP's which always gives me goosebumps and plenty of excitement as you 1st listen to them.

What I found that using my list of reference text tracks was a HP which undoubtably showed promise, was light on bass and had more resolution that the 4Z or 4. It was obvious they needed burn in time. I hooked them up to my burn in amp and left them on 24 hour burn in using my favourite burn in CD System Enhancer from Purist Audio Design. I left this on repeat for the last 3 days.

Hooking the LCD-24's up to my main system I was shocked at how much they had changed. The bass was deep with plenty of power and resolution, not quite as Meaty as the 4Z or 4 but I prefer it as it is quicker and has more detail. Vocals are a delight and superior to the 4z & 4. Let night I promised my wife that I would be down from my den to watch a Movie with her, that was at 6.30, she arrived in my Den to my shock and announced that she was off to bed, it was 10 pm, the time had just flown. I just couldn't tear myself away until 3am. Damn these Headphones are musical and a delight to listen to. I realised today that it is hard to do critical listening with them as I am drawn deep into the music.

I am going to continue to burn them in for another week 24/7 and then do some A/B listening test against my other HP's. I can tell already that I have no inclination to listen to anything else ATM. The sound signature is different to the usual Audeze house sound. Neutral, fast transients with deep tuneful bass slam.

I will report on the results of the A/B testing in a weeks time. The LCD-24 are hooked up to my favourite cables the DHC Prion4S.

Photos will follow in a later post.

Sep 9, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #1,220 of 2,477
Photos
IMG_0218.jpeg
IMG_0217.jpeg

IMG_0211.jpeg
IMG_0214.jpeg
IMG_0215.jpeg
IMG_0216.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0210.jpeg
    IMG_0210.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Sep 9, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #1,221 of 2,477
Sep 9, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #1,222 of 2,477
There is a horrific article on the 4Z. It destroy the 4z so badly that even Audeze has to step in to attack the article. Blood is everywhere.

It shows that Audeze is sensitive to criticism LOL. :sunglasses: ...... Somebody needs an wambulance ....

To Audeze: Relax guys. Just make your next LCD light weight and carry over that sweet lush sound of yours with bullet proof drivers and you good to go. Its most likey the original LCD2 that everyone wants but perfected. Isnt that why theres 3 versions of the LCD2s? 2/ 2C /24 <-------

And this time it wasn't base on the weight ~ !! :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Sep 10, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #1,224 of 2,477
Thanks for the impressions and pics guys. Man, this is such a tough call - everyone who hears the LCD-24 seems to love them, and it kills me I can't audition these.
Having fallen in love with the deep and satisfying bass of the 4z, I will probably go with them. I would have to order the LCD-24 from Audeze, pay non-refundable import taxes, and then send it back to the US whenever it needs servicing.

Sep 10, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #1,225 of 2,477
Thanks for the impressions and pics guys. Man, this is such a tough call - everyone who hears the LCD-24 seems to love them, and it kills me I can't audition these.
Having fallen in love with the deep and satisfying bass of the 4z, I will probably go with them. I would have to order the LCD-24 from Audeze, pay non-refundable import taxes, and then send it back to the US whenever it needs servicing.
Unfortunately this is the price we have to pay for not living n the US. I have never had to send back a set of Audeze's for service, maybe I have been lucky however my experience leaves me with a degree of comfort.

I am going to do a Susvara VS LCD-24 comparison in the next couple of days. The single thing that annoys me so much I put off listening to the Susvara's is the pathetic 2.5mm Jack plug connection. Surely on a set of HP's that retail for $6,000 USD they deserve a better connection method. I have lost count of the amount of times mine have disconnected themselves right in the middle of a listening session. Hands down the LCD-24 is far better made. Same for pretty much any other TOTL HP.

Sep 10, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #1,226 of 2,477
There is a horrific article on the 4Z. It destroy the 4z so badly that even Audeze has to step in to attack the article. Blood is everywhere.

It shows that Audeze is sensitive to criticism LOL. :sunglasses: ...... Somebody needs an wambulance ....

To Audeze: Relax guys. Just make your next LCD light weight and carry over that sweet lush sound of yours with bullet proof drivers and you good to go. Its most likey the original LCD2 that everyone wants but perfected. Isnt that why theres 3 versions of the LCD2s? 2/ 2C /24 <-------

And this time it wasn't base on the weight ~ !! :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Can you provide a link to this article please?

Sep 10, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #1,227 of 2,477
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back