Audeze LCD-4z - Impressions Thread
Sep 10, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #1,231 of 2,477
I'm excited for this. Can't wait! How's your burn in going for the 24? More constant improvement?
Nothing to be excited about. I have done the comparison with a fully broken in 24 and a new unbroken susvara on a totl system

Susvara is much better than lcd 24. Period

I keep saying this. Lcd 24 is great for a dap though. I’d prob say the best open back for a dap. Better than empyrean.

Keep in mind susvara is basically available now for about 3500. So peeps should stop the 6k grief.

at that price point it’s king.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #1,232 of 2,477
$3500 secondhand, or new? If the latter, where?!

Sep 10, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #1,233 of 2,477
Nothing to be excited about. I have done the comparison with a fully broken in 24 and a new unbroken susvara on a totl system

I keep saying this. Lcd 24 is great for a dap though. I’d prob say the best open back for a dap. Better than empyrean.

Keep in mind susvara is basically available now for about 3500. So peeps should stop the 6k grief.

at that price point it’s king.

The thing is the Susvara and the 4z are two different sound signatures most likely the 24 too. Hard to compare the two directly. One is the king of light and airy sound and the other the king of thick, impactful bass.

$3500 secondhand, or new? If the latter, where?!
No one is or should not be paying anywhere near $6K for the Susvara. Check Audiogon and call dealers. $3,500 is probably not that hard to achieve. As a matter of fact there is a used one for sale here for about $3,400.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #1,234 of 2,477
No intention of paying $6000, just wondering if routinely available new for around that price.

Sep 10, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #1,236 of 2,477
The thing is the Susvara and the 4z are two different sound signatures most likely the 24 too. Hard to compare the two directly. One is the king of light and airy sound and the other the king of thick, impactful bass.

No one is or should not be paying anywhere near $6K for the Susvara. Check Audiogon and call dealers. $3,500 is probably not that hard to achieve. As a matter of fact there is a used one for sale here for about $3,400.
Susvara bass better than lcd 24. The bass is there dude. And with proper amp on same level as 4z.

ANYONE saying otherwise has never driven these effectively.

Sep 10, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #1,238 of 2,477

Well damn I was expecting some competition, but okay haha

and What $3,500 for Susvara would be a freaking killer deal then, sadly I got to upgrade my whole system too

Sep 12, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #1,240 of 2,477
Sep 12, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #1,241 of 2,477
I picked up an LCD-24. Here are my impressions:
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/d32z0m/lcd24_initial_impressions/

Note: I am highly skeptical of claims that the LCD-X or the 24 cannot be driven totally effectively by something like a Dragonfly Red, and I also doubt people can hear the difference between 44khz and 96khz. Just letting you know my biases :)
The part about the bass is a little disappointing, especially since the 4/4z have killer impactful bass. Also to hear it has less bass than the X is a letdown since my X a 2018 model didn't have much bass to begin with. It does seem like they focused more so on correcting the upper midrange, where the 4/4z had the biggest issue.

Sep 12, 2019 at 2:12 AM Post #1,242 of 2,477
I picked up an LCD-24. Here are my impressions:
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/d32z0m/lcd24_initial_impressions/

Note: I am highly skeptical of claims that the LCD-X or the 24 cannot be driven totally effectively by something like a Dragonfly Red, and I also doubt people can hear the difference between 44khz and 96khz. Just letting you know my biases :)

My LCD-24 arrived this time last week. So they have had a full week of burn in 24/7. The difference that the burn in has made is not subtle especially to the bass. The bass is much more pronounced than the rather light bass when new. I prefer the bass over the 4Z or 4 as it has more resolution and therefore feels more connected to the musical presentation. I have the Susvara as well, I don't think it is hands down superior to the 24. However its been a while since I last listened to them so will do that over the weekend and report my findings.

I can say with a degree of certainly that the 24's are my favourite Audeze HP.

I can also say that both the LCD-24 and the Susvara are being properly driven.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #1,243 of 2,477
My LCD-24 arrived this time last week. So they have had a full week of burn in 24/7. The difference that the burn in has made is not subtle especially to the bass. The bass is much more pronounced than the rather light bass when new. I prefer the bass over the 4Z or 4 as it has more resolution and therefore feels more connected to the musical presentation. I have the Susvara as well, I don't think it is hands down superior to the 24. However its been a while since I last listened to them so will do that over the weekend and report my findings.

I can say with a degree of certainly that the 24's are my favourite Audeze HP.

I can also say that both the LCD-24 and the Susvara are being properly driven.
i have both susy and 24.... susvara is much better. there is really no comparison.

Sep 12, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #1,244 of 2,477
Even after the ridiculous article and the controversy on Audiophilestyle, I purchased a new 4Z from Audeze. I'm not hearing the complaints from the reviewer. Descriptions such as "wretched" doesn't belong anywhere in connection to these pair of HPs. I'm baffled by the review article. BTW, Audeze always goes over and beyond in service. I'm local to them and get to visit them whenever/whatever I have the need whether to have a listening session or advice/service and each and every time, i get the level of service over and beyond any other manufacturer's headphones i own (Hifiman, Senn, Fostex, Focal, etc).

Sep 13, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #1,245 of 2,477
Wretched?!? Please... This is just wrong on so many levels. There are many awesome headphones on the market; so what is the deal with this moron having to slam the 4z? If something about those particular phones is un-settling to this person then by all means go out and buy SOMETHING ELSE. This in no way is accurate, factual, or realistic journalism relative to the audiophile world. Finally, they would not even post up my rebuttal. Who knows how many other rebuttals were conveniently dismissed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back