Audeze LCD-4z - Impressions Thread
Apr 23, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #32 of 2,477
I am waiting to know much more opinions about these headphones because what I have already read in headfi it is a little bit strange. Specially the comments regarding the lows.

Let’s see.

Apr 24, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #33 of 2,477
I'm surprised that retailers have it up on their website for sale while Audeze has yet to post it on their own website.

Apr 25, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #34 of 2,477
I'm surprised that retailers have it up on their website for sale while Audeze has yet to post it on their own website.

Everything is so strange like in MX4 case.
A quiet announce through some website like this, just a few reviews and a small webpage on Audeze page.
Is this really the way to introduce "an amazing new flagship"?

Apr 25, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #35 of 2,477
I compared the 4Z to the MX4 at Axpona. Although it was a very brief comparison, I liked the 4Z much better.
The 4Z seemed like it had better bass, fuller body sound and smoother overall. But again, it was a very brief
listen so take this with a large grain of salt.

Apr 26, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #36 of 2,477
I listened to 4Z for like 5 mins and it definitely has a more upfront presentation. Out of a Hugo 2, it had much more bass slam than LCD 4. I have definitely heard the LCD 4 slam harder out of more powerful amps so probably was the Hugo

Apr 26, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #37 of 2,477
I also got to briefly compare the LCD-4Z to the LCD-4MX at CanJam SoCal, and from The King amp, I preferred the mids and treble of the 4Z but thought that the bass hit a little harder with the 4MX. The 4Z’s bass was by no means weak, maybe more linear.

Bottom line is that I really liked what I heard with the 4Z. Definitely a contender for the throne! :crown:

Apr 27, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #38 of 2,477
I compared the 4Z to the MX4 at Axpona. Although it was a very brief comparison, I liked the 4Z much better.
The 4Z seemed like it had better bass, fuller body sound and smoother overall. But again, it was a very brief
listen so take this with a large grain of salt.

I also got to briefly compare the LCD-4Z to the LCD-4MX at CanJam SoCal, and from The King amp, I preferred the mids and treble of the 4Z but thought that the bass hit a little harder with the 4MX. The 4Z’s bass was by no means weak, maybe more linear.

Bottom line is that I really liked what I heard with the 4Z. Definitely a contender for the throne! :crown:

That is why I said that everything is so strange here...
I can understand different opinions about the same headphones, but regarding bass previous ones are totally the opposite.

Yesterday I had access to a commercial email by Audeze regarding LCD4Z.
No pictures, no brochure, no official specs,... nothing. So frustrating if we talk about 4K$ headphones.

Just some comments about the weight (15% lighter than LCD4, the same like MX4) and the possibility to order with Magnesium rings, regular ebony wood or custom wood (paying 500$ more in this last case).

Audeze, I think we deserve more info about them if you want us to pay that quantity.

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #40 of 2,477
I get the feeling they are trying to sell off most of their remaining stock of current LCD-4 drivers before making a full marketing push for the new LCD-4Z.

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #41 of 2,477
I get the feeling they are trying to sell off most of their remaining stock of current LCD-4 drivers before making a full marketing push for the new LCD-4Z.
Aren't the LCD-4 and LCD-4Z utilizing the same drivers?

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #42 of 2,477
The current 4 utilizes a 200ohm driver while the new one is a 15ohm driver

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #43 of 2,477
Apr 27, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #44 of 2,477

I am not sure about this. IMHO Audeze is not releasing LCD4Z as a reviewed version of the LCD4. Both models will be in the market at the same time.

Just reading the email sent by Audeze you notice it. They introduce LCD4Z like this:

“NEW! LCD4z, the easy-to-drive younger brother of the LCD4”

That is why I suggest people not to expect LCD4Z sound in the same way like LCD4. And this is exactly what I said in the past regarding MX4.

On the other hand, younger brother? Really?

Apr 27, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #45 of 2,477
It's been a few years since the release of the 4 so hopefully Audeze's research team has come up with something good. For the same price of the 4, I'd be really surprised if the 4z wasn't as good or better sounding than the 4. With the MX4, the driver was the same as the X and the price was lower than the 4 so no one expected it to be the successor to the 4. Basically I'm crossing my fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back