Audeze LCD-4z - Impressions Thread
Apr 28, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #46 of 2,477
I ordered mine with the wood cups like the classic lcd4. To me, the wood design is iconic with the high end Audeze line. The magnesium only version seems cheaper to me. the wood makes me feel I got my money's worth. ha

Do you have info about any difference in the weight between the magnesium model and the ebony wood one that you ordered?
I am asking because the only info I have found regarding the weight (15% lighter) is related to the magnesium option but there is not comment at all regarding the wood one.

When do you expect to receive your order?

Thanks in advance!

Apr 28, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #47 of 2,477
Do you have info about any difference in the weight between the magnesium model and the ebony wood one that you ordered?
I am asking because the only info I have found regarding the weight (15% lighter) is related to the magnesium option but there is not comment at all regarding the wood one.

When do you expect to receive your order?

Thanks in advance!

From what I've been told it's the LCD-4 with the 4z driver. so basically what I ordered is an LCD-4 with a 4z driver. I was told it should ship sometime next week.

Apr 28, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #48 of 2,477
Is there any reason if you have an LCD-4 to want a LCD-4Z?

Apr 28, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #50 of 2,477
Is there any reason if you have an LCD-4 to want a LCD-4Z?
I wouldn't until reviews come out saying it's noticeably better than the 4 or if you want a 4 that's easier to drive.

Apr 28, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #52 of 2,477
LCD-4Z is a good name, better than something plus S. Too many S when they don't have E and X.
I think it's somewhat of a tradition. A while ago, Audeze was rumoured to be releasing an LCD-z for hi-Z needs. Don't think it ever came out, but the Z suffix sounds like it would indicate a different impedance from the norm. i.e. 4 vs 4Z. Just a guess.

Apr 28, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #55 of 2,477
For me, it brings to mind having a pair of HD800s or HD800S. I think Senn could have tacked a different letter for the modified HP.

HD800 Black Label :)

Since the sound was actually supposed to be a tad darker lol

At any rate, I was curious if there was a joke implied because my English doesn't let me detect any...

Apr 28, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #56 of 2,477
Was this trying to be a joke of sorts?

You might need to explain it...

It is an old joke about Tesla and Ford, this is some detail.
"The Model E name was canceled when Ford threatened a lawsuit, pointing out that they already owned the trademark to the Model E name"
https://www.quora.com/What-does-the-S-in-the-Tesla-model-S-stand-for

So everytime when I saw something with S always reminds me this.:o2smile::o2smile::o2smile:
And yes, I am not a big fan of something S, even they sound better than the original.
But the whole S idea is an improvement of the older model, which I think the company is afraid to make the statement we don't want to make something new.
Anyway, all I want to say is Z is a cooler name.:o2smile::o2smile:

Apr 30, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #57 of 2,477
Yep, they're in the middle of flubbing this launch. Not unlike the MX4, IMO, which got surprisingly little buzz.

I completely agree with you.

What is wrong with Audeeze? There is nothing but confusion regarding these new cans. News about weight reduction vary from 15%, 25% to 33%. The figures about impedance, materials and efficiency are very confusing. Even this thread is hard to find! The same happened with the MX4: the main thread was suddenly closed and the new one is hidden.

What a shame!

May 2, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #58 of 2,477
So, shouldn't LCD-4 owners get the new drivers if they choose as promised as part of any future upgrades are free of charge?

May 2, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #60 of 2,477
Updated OP with an official high-res image of LCD-4Z.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back