Audeze LCD-4
Feb 28, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #11,926 of 11,990
Okay, so you've got new drivers rated at 124 Ohms. I've also had a driver replacement for my 200-Ohm set, and the replacement definitely showed improved sensitivity.
I was actually referring to the initial drivers rated at 100 Ohms. I had the chance to try them out, and they were more difficult to drive.
A search revealed this table, referring to the 2016 original vs. the then just changed 2nd version:

https://headphone.guru/the-audeze-lcd-4-update-the-best-just-got-better/
The differences in specifications can be seen in the table below:

Original LCD-4LCD-4
StyleOpen CircumauralOpen Circumaural
Transducer TypePlanar MagneticPlanar Magnetic
Magnetic ArraysDouble Fluxor MagnetsDouble Fluxor Magnets
Magnetic TypeNeodymiumNeodymium
Transducer Size106 mm106 mm
Maximum Power Handling15 W (for 200 ms)15 W (for 200 ms)
Flux Density1.5 Tesla1.5 Tesla
Sound Pressure Level>130 dB with 15 W>130 dB with 15 W
Frequency Response5 Hz – 20 kHz (extended out to 50 kHz5 Hz – 20 kHz (extended out to 50 kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion<1% through entire frequency range<1% through entire frequency range
Impedance100 ohms200 ohms
Efficiency100 dB / 1 mW97 dB / 1mW
Optimal Power Requirement1 – 4 W1 – 4 W

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #11,927 of 11,990
Hi.
Just received used lcd-4.Bought from audio store.Looks like a headphones are dead.Fully silence,no sound at all on both drivers.How it possible?I uderstand situations when 1 driver dead,but all of them at once???Manifacture 2016-02-01

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #11,928 of 11,990
Hi.
Just received used lcd-4.Bought from audio store.Looks like a headphones are dead.Fully silence,no sound at all on both drivers.How it possible?I uderstand situations when 1 driver dead,but all of them at once???Manifacture 2016-02-01
Did you buy them online or in store?

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #11,930 of 11,990
Online store from Italy.
Paid via paypal like goods
Contact them and tell them that both drivers are defective.

Have you tried a different cable just in case?

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #11,932 of 11,990
Sure I tried.I tried 2 amps + 3 cables.
You might have got the 100ohm version judging by the date of manufacture which is known to be defective.

Audeze will charge you around £1,200 to get the drivers replaced so get your money back from the audio store.

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #11,934 of 11,990
Online store from Italy.
Paid via paypal like goods

That sucks man. They basically dumped the headache of getting it repaired to you. I would blast them and demand a refund, and if they don't comply open a dispute with Paypal they will have your back. Better off buying from trusted sellers off headfi than some of these audio shops honestly.

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #11,935 of 11,990
That sucks man. They basically dumped the headache of getting it repaired to you. I would blast them and demand a refund, and if they don't comply open a dispute with Paypal they will have your back. Better off buying from trusted sellers off headfi than some of these audio shops honestly.
Maybe they damaged during shipping?but they was perfectly boxed.

Mar 1, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #11,937 of 11,990
I pluged via xlr on Ragnarok 2 on high gain.When volume on 3 o clock I hear very weak signal of music on left channel.Right channel also have weak sound,but weakest than left.And sound like turntable without phono.

Mar 2, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #11,938 of 11,990
But how it possible they dead all of them at once???
I've read that with the 100 ohm versions (the earliest models) big pressure changes could basically rupture the drivers. That's why they went with the felt spacers on the revised models, to ease the pressure.

The 100 ohm versions--and, again, I've only read this, so have it secondhand--apparently were very hard to ship, especially by air, because they were so pressure change sensitive. Perhaps that's what happened to your pair. I'd send them back to the seller and/or open a PayPal dispute.

Mar 2, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #11,939 of 11,990
I pluged via xlr on Ragnarok 2 on high gain.When volume on 3 o clock I hear very weak signal of music on left channel.Right channel also have weak sound,but weakest than left.And sound like turntable without phono.
@nilov .... did they include the ear cup separator ??? its a oval sponge that goes between both ear cups... it serves dual purpose... it keeps the cups from compressing the ear pads while in the storage box and it keeps the ear cups separated so the drivers don't experience over pressure and damage the thin material the drivers are made of... if you put the earcups together and sqeeze them in, flexing the earcups, that will cause the thin material to tear... if you put the ear cups together and push them in to see how the earcups are thick and cushy.. you most likely broke them after you got them... or maybe someone else did when they were packing them and damaged the drivers... hope you get your money back..

Mar 3, 2024 at 2:29 AM Post #11,940 of 11,990
@nilov .... did they include the ear cup separator ??? its a oval sponge that goes between both ear cups... it serves dual purpose... it keeps the cups from compressing the ear pads while in the storage box and it keeps the ear cups separated so the drivers don't experience over pressure and damage the thin material the drivers are made of... if you put the earcups together and sqeeze them in, flexing the earcups, that will cause the thin material to tear... if you put the ear cups together and push them in to see how the earcups are thick and cushy.. you most likely broke them after you got them... or maybe someone else did when they were packing them and damaged the drivers... hope you get your money back..
Headphones come without this sponge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back