Audeze LCD-4
Jan 2, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #6,301 of 11,994
Looks like your cable problem is solved, good deal.
I was about to recommend Wywires Red for a good cable in your price range.
I've now gone from Alex' Red to Platinum cables, for both LCD and HD800, but the Red is a great starting point...
Give Alex a call, y'all, regarding any cabling questions. He will likely answer the phone himself.

http://www.wywires.com/headphone-cables/

Cheers,
RCB

ps. I am not affiliated with Wywires, just a very satisfied customer.
Feel free to PM me with questions or comments.

Jan 2, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #6,302 of 11,994
Looks like your cable problem is solved, good deal.
I was about to recommend Wywires Red for a good cable in your price range.
I've now gone from Alex' Red to Platinum cables, for both LCD and HD800, but the Red is a great starting point...
Give Alex a call, y'all, regarding any cabling questions. He will likely answer the phone himself.

http://www.wywires.com/headphone-cables/

Cheers,
RCB

ps. I am not affiliated with Wywires, just a very satisfied customer.
Feel free to PM me with questions or comments.

I'm also a happy customer of a Wywires Red cable and would recommend it as a great entry level cable. It was my first upgrade cable I got for my first pair of headphones (Mr. Speakers Ether C Flow). I still use it with that headphone.

Jan 3, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #6,303 of 11,994
Yes. Its the same braided cable.

I did a-b test with the red heimdall h2 cable. And they are very much the same in sound. So i didnt keep the h2 cable. Its a really good quality cable for sure.

Jan 3, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #6,304 of 11,994
Thanks, room! I very much like the idea of splicing it. I guess I'd just need to find someone local that could do it.

edit: i did buy the 2 pieces in the event that I can find someone to do the splice work.

Was the cable they sent you the same quality braided cable and not the cheaper flat cable that I see on their accessories page?
Audeze will swap your premium SE cable with a 4 pin XLR Premium cable for free. Just contact them. Both cables will be of the same quality, just different termination

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #6,306 of 11,994
One of my drivers died. So much for hoping for a trouble free experience this time.
Very troubling. How many months old is your headphone? How many hours per week on average do you use the headphone?

Jan 3, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #6,307 of 11,994
Audeze will swap your premium SE cable with a 4 pin XLR Premium cable for free. Just contact them. Both cables will be of the same quality, just different termination
Cool. I contacted them as well as Wywires to see what my options are. Haven't heard back yet, but this seems like the best option. Then I can just get a xlr to 1/4" adapter for equipment that needs a 1/4" single end.

Jan 3, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #6,308 of 11,994
Oh no I thought it was sorted now!

Jan 3, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #6,309 of 11,994
I had it for about a year maybe a couple hundred hours. I'm not that worried and Audeze always had a fast turnaround.
I don't want to get anyone worried since I know the 100ohm history, these things happen. In the past 2 years my yggy, abyss and PS P5 failed.

Jan 4, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #6,310 of 11,994
So was this a 100 ohm unit? Important to know - those are expected to fail, would be more shocking if it was the 200 ohm version that most are. I can't think of a single confirmed failure of a 200 ohm LCD4 driver - but I think it's expected that given a long enough timeframe all 100 ohm drivers will fail.

Jan 4, 2018 at 1:02 AM Post #6,311 of 11,994
my 200ohm version failed 2 days ago...just sent it in for repair

Jan 4, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #6,313 of 11,994
about 6 months or so...sent it back to audeze 2 days ago

Jan 4, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #6,314 of 11,994
I'm also a happy customer of a Wywires Red cable and would recommend it as a great entry level cable. It was my first upgrade cable I got for my first pair of headphones (Mr. Speakers Ether C Flow). I still use it with that headphone.
May I inquire as to the cables you're using for your LCD-4?
I have the Wywires Platinum and well-satisfied with the sound...

Cheers,
RCB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back