Audeze LCD-4
May 28, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #3,946 of 11,994
I hope my new LCD-4s (yup they are comming!) will sound pretty good with the HDVA600, since it is a powerful, modern amp, made by a prestigious manufacturer. I can't imagine it making a mess of the bass.

I have been in this hobby for many years, I am in my sixties now and music has always been a crucial part in my life. I know that matching components does make a difference. The Lcd-4s are a substantial investment to me, hopefully all goes well.

It won't be a wrong investment that I can guarantee. :wink:

You can always upgrade your amp when you have money in the future, enjoying music is lot more important than upgrade and switch gears. 

May 28, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #3,948 of 11,994
I hope my new LCD-4s (yup they are comming!) will sound pretty good with the HDVA600, since it is a powerful, modern amp, made by a prestigious manufacturer. I can't imagine it making a mess of the bass.

I have been in this hobby for many years, I am in my sixties now and music has always been a crucial part in my life. I know that matching components does make a difference. The Lcd-4s are a substantial investment to me, hopefully all goes well.

I don't believe they will disappoint . I'm sure your HDVA600 will drive them just fine.

May 28, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #3,949 of 11,994

It should be more than fine with LCD-4 since it's designed to drive high impedance headphones.

May 29, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #3,950 of 11,994

As a user of both LCD4 and GSX Mk2. I will reconsolidate this wonderful pairing. The two characteristics compensate each other nicely. 
I also find the stock cable really does not reflect the true potential of LCD4. It makes the bass a bit muddy and highs lacks transparency compare to the ALO Reference 8. (It might just be a Balanced vs SE thing though)

Though I am technically new to head-fi (registered in 2014 but haven't post any until now), I read most of the posts here and there. Again, glad to join u guys here.

May 29, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #3,951 of 11,994
I had a GS-X Mk 2 for a couple weeks. 
rolleyes.gif

May 29, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #3,952 of 11,994

As a user of both LCD4 and GSX Mk2. I will reconsolidate this wonderful pairing. The two characteristics compensate each other nicely. 
I also find the stock cable really does not reflect the true potential of LCD4. It makes the bass a bit muddy and highs lacks transparency compare to the ALO Reference 8. (It might just be a Balanced vs SE thing though)

Though I am technically new to head-fi (registered in 2014 but haven't post any until now), I read most of the posts here and there. Again, glad to join u guys here.

Ha so it's you! :)

Im still waiting for my GSX to be delivered from Justin...

May 31, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #3,954 of 11,994
  Hey guys, I'm new to the party. Does any of you know if the earpads on the 4s can be replaced? I just prefer the microsuede pads.
Mine is the 200ohm version, it seems pretty difficult to me. I have emailed Audeze about it, but haven't got a reply yet. 

Hi Yugo,

I can confirm the pads can be changed on your LCD-4s to Microsuede. The pads can be purchased separately from your local authorised dealer for £75.  This will include the adhesive rings to apply the new pads.
The headband can also be changed to microseude if desired, both pads and headband are available in black and brown.

Any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

May 31, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #3,955 of 11,994
  Hi Yugo,

I can confirm the pads can be changed on your LCD-4s to Microsuede. The pads can be purchased separately from your local authorised dealer for £75.  This will include the adhesive rings to apply the new pads.
The headband can also be changed to microseude if desired, both pads and headband are available in black and brown.

Any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

I asked Audeze directly if they would make a micro-suede headband for the new carbon fiber headband and they said no since the material wasn't strong enough to make it work.  this is still one of the things holding me back.

May 31, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #3,957 of 11,994
Liking my new LCD-4s after about 400 hours run-in but noticing that they are a little harder to drive than the fully run-in loan pair I had for a couple of weeks. I'm sure both were 200ohm. The loan pair needed about 3-4 notches (3-4db) less volume on my Chord Dave than my HIFIMAN HE1000s but the new pair need about 4 db more than the HE1000. Have those of you with experience of listening to more than one pair of LCD-4s noticed this degree of variation. Thanks.

May 31, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #3,958 of 11,994
all i can say is I require about 6-7 clicks more volume of my Moon neo 430 on the LCD-4 than the HEK......the LCD-4 is a beast to drive but a great sounding can....I go back and forth between my HEK and LCD-4 and when I listen to one i say I like it best and then when I switch over to the other I say I like it best....

May 31, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #3,959 of 11,994
all i can say is I require about 6-7 clicks more volume of my Moon neo 430 on the LCD-4 than the HEK......the LCD-4 is a beast to drive but a great sounding can....I go back and forth between my HEK and LCD-4 and when I listen to one i say I like it best and then when I switch over to the other I say I like it best....

This is correct.I too have both the LCD-4 and the HE-1K and the LCD-4 requires more power to drive them than the HE-1K.
This happens to me too as I switch between headphone . The one I like best is always the one on my head.
Now I went and complicated matters more by adding the Sennheiser 800s to the mix. All 3 are great in their own way and on the same level IMO.

May 31, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #3,960 of 11,994
that is funny,i too have the HD800S as I am a bit nuts with this stuff...i really like the 800S but if i had to choose the LCD-4 and HEK are toed for 1st with the 800S ever so slightly behind but outstanding

Users who are viewing this thread

Back