Audeze LCD-4
May 26, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #3,916 of 12,021
I had TH900 quite some time already (about 2 years) so I can commend on this a bit:

The TH900's bass slam is very powerful but not as deep as the LCDX. Compares to LCD4 the TH900 bass feel like more powerful and more slam than the LCD4 but detail and extension wise LCD4 is better. 

Also the bass of TH900 is very depending on the amp's powering ability. Some amps that comes with strong speed and dynamic will sometimes make the bass of TH900 too strong and lose control (sometimes can cover the performance of mid vocal etc.). With proper amp the TH900 bass really shines. I'm not really enjoy some vocals with TH900 because of its U sound signature but the bass and treble extension of TH900 is something i really love. 

May 26, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #3,917 of 12,021
I didn't see those measurement but a side by side comparison with LCD X and 4 , the th 900 doesn't "feel" deep like the lcds. It more like low-mid bass emphasized more than with LCD line. The high end was a bright too I felt until they broke in. Bass also tightened up after break in.

i haven't heard the lcdx but i have heard the lcd4. the bass didn't "feel" any more present or deeper to me than the th900 and the fr measurements support that. you can check them out for yourself at innerfidelity.

I had TH900 quite some time already (about 2 years) so I can commend on this a bit:

The TH900's bass slam is very powerful but not as deep as the LCDX. Compares to LCD4 the TH900 bass feel like more powerful and more slam than the LCD4 but detail and extension wise LCD4 is better.

the fr measurements indicate that the th900's bass extension is comparable to the lcdx. we're deep into sub-bass territory here, and i wonder how well folks can actually discern differences in bass extension between 20hz - 25hz tbh.

May 26, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #3,918 of 12,021
I dont care what others may think but the LCD-3f are so musical and inviting! There is something magical about their damned sound! I can easily listen to these things all night long. I've had them for a year now and I love their sound even more now than I did then. Yea, I still love my LCD-4 but...

May 26, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #3,919 of 12,021
I dont care what others may think but the LCD-3f are so musical and inviting! There is something magical about their damned sound! I can easily listen to these things all night long. I've had them for a year now and I love their sound even more now than I did then. Yea, I still love my LCD-4 but...

Yeah I'm also not one of those who hates the LCD-3F, but then again I never heard the older pre-Fazor LCD lineup.  The LCD-3F still has a very warm, musical, engaging mid range and incredible bass like I was expecting.  I don't care for the LCD-X though.  Have yet to hear the LCD-4 but I'll jump at the next opportunity I see to try one.

May 27, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #3,921 of 12,021
I would appreciate any comment about driving LCD-4 with the HDVA600 single ended with the supplied stock cable.
Thanks.

It'll sound great still, but it will not give it justice.

May 27, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #3,923 of 12,021
I've been creeping on this thread, but I wouldn't expect a detailed answer from drayton as I've noticed, for the most part, that he only types one sentence responses.

"The LCD-X isn't even on the same level as the LCD-4?"

Y tho?

More detailed impressions would be nice to see from people like him who have owned or still own other summit-fi headphones like the Abyss and HE-1000. But oh well.

May 27, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #3,924 of 12,021

I agree musical and inviting is the character of the LCD 3. Other cans can have a bit more clarity, resolution, speed etc, but then it comes to musical and inviting the LCD3 is just great, even better now with the last revision IMO. 

May 27, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #3,928 of 12,021
Tried driving the LCD-4 with the Chord Mojo last night. Sounded pretty darn good, especially for its size/cost. Looking forward to trying them with other portable/transportable solutions, the WA8 in particular. 

May 27, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #3,930 of 12,021
  I dunno, all headphones sound better through a big hunking dedicated headphone amp to me...
'nothing like big iron.

Not sure if sarcasm or not. I have a big hunking dedicated headphone amp, so trying out transportable solutions for travelling has been fun. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back