Audeze LCD-4
Apr 4, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #3,303 of 11,994
Whether we've disagreed on the LCD 4 performance or not obviously means very little in the bigger picture Dan. The effort you put into reviews and the time you take is fantastic. You were one of the few people that put the LCD X on my radar about a year ago, and for that I'm very thankful.

Keep up the good work - your contributions to the community are great.

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #3,304 of 11,994

Great reviews Dan.
Thanks!

Thank you!

Quote:
Whether we've disagreed on the LCD 4 performance or not obviously means very little in the bigger picture Dan. The effort you put into reviews and the time you take is fantastic. You were one of the few people that put the LCD X on my radar about a year ago, and for that I'm very thankful.

Keep up the good work - your contributions to the community are great.

Thank you!

Well, everyone is different and of course entitled to his own opinions. The review mirrors my opinion of course. I also respect the opinions of others, even if they differ from mine.

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #3,305 of 11,994
Great, great, superbly written review sir and I concur with what you say as as an owner for a while now. I also have stated the the treble is just fine despite other reviews. (The last thing I want in a phone is fatiguing highs.)
(Small note, it's "lose", not "loose"; sorry to nitpick especially since you may not be a native English speaker; 'just trying to help with editing. Someone keeps typing Cord instead of Chord in another thread but I didn't say anything...)
Again, *big* thanks for taking the time for that and you should be a professional writer imho.

I also agree with MacHero's continuing favorable comments, and I have exactly the same upstream equipment (the same source and the same amp) so I can hear just what he is hearing.

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #3,307 of 11,994
  Great, great, superbly written review sir and I concur with what you say as as an owner for a while now. I also have stated the the treble is just fine despite other reviews. (The last thing I want in a phone is fatiguing highs.)
(Small note, it's "lose", not "loose"; sorry to nitpick especially since you may not be a native English speaker; 'just trying to help with editing. Someone keeps typing Cord instead of Chord in another thread but I didn't say anything...)
Again, *big* thanks for taking the time for that and you should be a professional writer imho.

Thank you for the kind words and also for the heads up on the mistake which I corrected just now. 

Apr 4, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #3,309 of 11,994
Just ordered the DHC Silver Compliment 4 cable for my LCD4. As the LCD 4 that I ordered only comes with the se cable. I can only use the stock XLR LCD3 cable for now until 12 weeks later......

I am planning to reterminate the original blue cable for my Ether after I received the DHC cable. 

Apr 4, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #3,310 of 11,994
Great review, I couldn't agree more with you.

Apr 4, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #3,311 of 11,994
Apr 4, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #3,312 of 11,994
Just got a pair of LCD-4s.  Early thoughts are positive but haven't spent much time with them yet.  Using a Hugo TT and GSX MK2 which I think drives them well.  Not sure what the negatively with this combo is all about in some recent posts here.

Apr 4, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #3,313 of 11,994
  Just got a pair of LCD-4s.  Early thoughts are positive but haven't spent much time with them yet.  Using a Hugo TT and GSX MK2 which I think drives them well.  Not sure what the negatively with this combo is all about in some recent posts here.

Congrats on getting this killer combo! Looking for more impressions regarding the GSX mk2 vs V281 to drive the LCD4. 

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #3,314 of 11,994

I agree with your assessment of the 4s! The only area that I differ slightly is that I feel that the body
and midrange of the 3s more significantly lend to musical enjoyment,especially long term, than you suggest.
You did touch on it and kind of acknowledged it but I feel that with more listening, it becomes more and more appearant and appreciated. Outside of that quibble, well done!

Apr 4, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #3,315 of 11,994
well done dan. however, i couldn't help noticing that you omitted points 1 and 2 from xp9433's list of "minimum standards for reviewers". consequently, your review will be discounted.
wink.gif

ps i am willing to presume that you conducted the review at home judging by the pics, so you have addressed point 1 to my satisfaction at least

The review is excellent on all fronts. It is balanced, detailed, with comparisons that give a real feel for how the LCD-4 sounds and where the LCD-4 truly fits in the top echelon of headphones. I think this review is better balanced and more enlightening for a reader than Tyll's.

up late
Your reading skills need a little work. I clearly said "Apart from perhaps No 4 ( music that helped you reach your overview) most of the others require little more than a sentence", so I can't understand why you seem to be upset. Perhaps you can give me a link to one of your reviews so I can see how you think it should be done?

There is no doubt that dan.gheorghe's review covers all the points on my list, and is a model other reviewers could subscribe to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back