Audeze LCD-4
Apr 3, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #3,271 of 11,995
Ok, so in the end my decision for amp options of LCD4 are targeted on the Violectric V281 and the GSX MK2.

People who tried GSX mk2 here, have you tried it with the new 200ohm version? Does the GSX mk2 has sufficient power to drive it? What gain setting is your GSX mk2 for the LCD4?

Regarding the V281 is fine, beautiful sound and planty of juice to drive LCD4.

Cheers

I tried the GSX MK 2 with LCD 3f. 

I don't want to get all negative about a popular amp, but my recommendation would be to do yourself a big favor and get the V 281 . . . 

Apr 3, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #3,273 of 11,995
  So the new 200ohm driver seems very durable and no more failure reported so far, which is good as I expect such great and expensive headphone lifespan will last 10 to 20 years at least like the Sony R10.

Anyone know what's the materials of the blue stock cable that comes with the LCD4? If I wanna upgrade the cable, will the LCD4s benefits more from silver cables or copper cables? What you say? 

I'm currently thinking about the Kimber Axios or the DHC Silver Complement 4...... opinions opinions please..... 

I have been using a balanced hand-made cable with Audeze from a dealer who's performance to price ratio is very good:

http://www.c3audio.com/store/p3/Audeze_LCD_Headphone_Cable_--_UPOCC.html

A very nice pairing!

Apr 3, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #3,276 of 11,995
Watch something funny: http://www.head-fi.org/products/audeze-lcd-4/reviews/15669

So this guy tend to post negative reviews to other products too. He don't even said a word in Audeze thread before he reviews the LCD4. :/

Apr 3, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #3,277 of 11,995
  Agree! LCD- 3 are  still very nice headphones, but LCD-4s is another animal in terms of performance.

That's a better way to put it, I agree.

Apr 3, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #3,278 of 11,995
Over a number of years I've come to be quite internally-dismissive of "reviews" that don't include pictures (and I don't mean stuff taken from the press kit/manufacturer's website).  I'm a bit more accepting of "impressions" type posts, but I always consider the source and, in general, any time claims or circumstances seem a bit "off" I'll dismiss them entirely unless they're accompanied with pictures that at least show the poster has had access to the gear in question.

Lots of negativity or consistently misaligned-with-the-world type posts will generally have me dismissing a poster entirely unless I'm very familiar with them and they are a generally respected reviewer or enthusiast.  

This is something that developed after being involved in various sites, covering photography, cameras, cars, bikes, diving, computing, wine and so on ... particularly where gear or purchases are involved.  Camera forums, in particular, are really bad for there being lots of posters making comments on gear they've never seen - and the lack of supporting pictures in those scenarios is always quite comical (for hopefully obvious reasons).

Today was supposed to be spent with some friends letting them have a proper listen to my three latest purchases, and my "old-standby" (LCD-2.2c, which was my primary headphone until January or so) but work got in the way of that, so I'm killing a few minutes between builds to post a picture of what I was taking along to that little get together.  I'll post proper "beauty" shots when I get around to posting detailed impressions/reviews of these cans individuals and as a comparison, but for now ... my personal LCD-2.2c, HD800S, LCD-4 & Abyss sitting on my dining room table:

Apr 3, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #3,279 of 11,995
Trying to figure out if that's your way of hint hinting me into posting pictures of my setup :p

Apr 3, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #3,280 of 11,995
  Trying to figure out if that's your way of hint hinting me into posting pictures of my setup :p

No.

If it was, I'd have quoted your earlier post where you said you were thinking about it.

It's a general comment, partly prompted by @yc1204's post ... but mostly directed at the thread in general, hence no quotes.

I'd still like to know where you were able to score the LCD-4 specific blue XLR cable so quickly since my dealer has been waiting for one for over a week now and while it's mine when it comes in, if I can get one faster I'd rather go down that path and just return the SE cable that my set came with.

Apr 3, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #3,281 of 11,995

Soon.... :

audeze-lcd-4-review-19.jpg

Apr 3, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #3,282 of 11,995
Over a number of years I've come to be quite internally-dismissive of "reviews" that don't include pictures (and I don't mean stuff taken from the press kit/manufacturer's website).  I'm a bit more accepting of "impressions" type posts, but I always consider the source and, in general, any time claims or circumstances seem a bit "off" I'll dismiss them entirely unless they're accompanied with pictures that at least show the poster has had access to the gear in question.

Lots of negativity or consistently misaligned-with-the-world type posts will generally have me dismissing a poster entirely unless I'm very familiar with them and they are a generally respected reviewer or enthusiast.  

This is something that developed after being involved in various sites, covering photography, cameras, cars, bikes, diving, computing, wine and so on ... particularly where gear or purchases are involved.  Camera forums, in particular, are really bad for there being lots of posters making comments on gear they've never seen - and the lack of supporting pictures in those scenarios is always quite comical (for hopefully obvious reasons).

Today was supposed to be spent with some friends letting them have a proper listen to my three latest purchases, and my "old-standby" (LCD-2.2c, which was my primary headphone until January or so) but work got in the way of that, so I'm killing a few minutes between builds to post a picture of what I was taking along to that little get together.  I'll post proper "beauty" shots when I get around to posting detailed impressions/reviews of these cans individuals and as a comparison, but for now ... my personal LCD-2.2c, HD800S, LCD-4 & Abyss sitting on my dining room table:

i've never felt inclined to post pics of my gear and it doesn't occur to me to photograph the gear that i audition in a store. i've just assumed that posting my impressions at this forum would suffice.

Apr 3, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #3,283 of 11,995
I have never heard the abyss before, not sure in terms of female vocal wether or not the LCD4 can beat the abyss. I think i might also need a silver cable to improve the treble of LCD4 a bit too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back