Audeze LCD-4
Apr 2, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #3,241 of 11,995
Holy **** balanced with this headphone stepped up the game with my Moon Neo.

Double the wattage per channel. I got the bass back that I was missing and these are just god damn amazing.

Apr 2, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #3,242 of 11,995
  So the new 200ohm driver seems very durable and no more failure reported so far, which is good as I expect such great and expensive headphone lifespan will last 10 to 20 years at least like the Sony R10.

Anyone know what's the materials of the blue stock cable that comes with the LCD4? If I wanna upgrade the cable, will the LCD4s benefits more from silver cables or copper cables? What you say? 

I'm currently thinking about the Kimber Axios or the DHC Silver Complement 4...... opinions opinions please..... 

I am a big fan of Wywires Red headphone cables, which I own for my LCD-X and HD800.  You may want to contact Alex and ask his opinion on a cable for the LCD-4 (he may personally answer the phone).

My experience is that his cables are good quality and reasonably priced.  Also, he won't make you a cable until he understands your rig / HP / music.  He may not have made many cables for the LCD-4, since it's a new can, so I would be interested in your experience - thanks.

http://www.wywires.com/

FWIW,
RCB

Apr 2, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #3,244 of 11,995
The bass you were missing?

With the single ended the bass was a joke, now it's just as powerful as my HE-1000 (if not more, close to the Abyss IMO) but way more accurate.

It's much more pitch black as well in the background, I would personally call it pitch black.

I guess that's the difference balanced and another 4 watts per channel adds.

(Single ended on the Moon is 4wpc and balanced is 8wpc as per the circuit specs)

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #3,246 of 11,995
I am assuming Macassar Ebony.

It's quite dark.

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #3,247 of 11,995
I am assuming Macassar Ebony.

It's quite dark.
Cool - any pics? So where did you end up auditioning them? I remember the day before you were waiting to sell the rest of your gear and you were contemplating buying the Abyss blind because you weren't able to find anywhere. I've got a friend in the states (Florida) who's willing to travel and would love to audition both at the same time (but is also struggling to find a place that has both) so he can compare them to his TH900. He's a bit of a drum and bass head.

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #3,248 of 11,995
Unfortunately I am not supposed to say who let me try out the Abyss, it was a private owner of it.

As for the LCD-4, first audition was with the first guy and when it impressed me against the Abyss and HE-1000 Headroom in Bozeman Montana gave me my second audition.

I ended up buying from Headroom the same day.

I'll try and whip out the DSLR and take some shots shortly or a bit later :)

Anyhow, wow for my ears and preference this is absolutely incredible.

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #3,250 of 11,995
Yes, not too bad of a drive either.

He wished not to be named so I will respect that. Can't thank him enough (if he reads this)

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #3,252 of 11,995
  Just wonder how much this can be better than LCD 3?

In my opinion it's in another league compared to the LCD-3.

I do still own my LCD-3 which has a buyer lined up now. The LCD-3 didn't compare IMO. They gave the 4 and flagship title to the right headphone.

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #3,254 of 11,995
  Thank you for the reply. High-End headphone nowadays has gone too fast.

I was just using my LCD-3 as the top of the line when I heard of the HE-1000 and LCD-4. Then I started moving my scope to the Abyss which I felt was ahead of the HE-1000, but not ahead of the LCD-4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back