Audeze LCD-4
Apr 4, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #3,316 of 11,986
my reading skills are fine thanks and at the risk of being pedantic, that qualification doesn't appear in the post containing your list of "minimum standards for reviewers" but in a separate post replying to mine. perhaps it should be included in your original post for additional guidance?

dan's review does indeed cover all the points on your list, but it didn't originally as my post that you have quoted shows. dan was kind enough to amend it accordingly as our exchange of posts also shows.

maybe your reading skills could do with some sharpening? then perhaps you'll notice my use of emoticons and realise that i'm not upset in the least, but i am guilty of having some fun with you. :wink:

ps i don't write reviews but i do post impressions. i doubt that you'd be interested in those.

Apr 5, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #3,317 of 11,986
Uh oh. I may have a driver failure. No sound on the left late last night when I plugged them in.
This is the new 200 Ohm revision 2 months old.

Dropped them off at the dealer at lunch time.

Apr 5, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #3,318 of 11,986
  Uh oh. I may have a driver failure. No sound on the left late last night when I plugged them in.

Really? thats bad luck, I had a 100 ohm version fail. the left driver basically imploded while I was listening to it. 200 ohm version has been ok so far. Did they say how long before you got another replacement?

Apr 5, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #3,319 of 11,986
  Really? thats bad luck, I had a 100 ohm version fail. the left driver basically imploded while I was listening to it. 200 ohm version has been ok so far. Did they say how long before you got another replacement?

No, I just dropped them at the dealer. They will call Audeze and find out.
But hopefully not too long. I'm not bothered by it though (as long as it doesn't become a recurring issue!).
I have other fine headphones and my big rig in my dedicated music/movie room (Maggie 3.7i, Bryston 7BSST2 etc) to keep the music going. :)

Apr 5, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #3,320 of 11,986

Sorry to hear that. If you received it 2 months ago, it most likely to be a 100 ohm version. Have you confirmed with Audeze personally? Any update from the dealer? 

Apr 5, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #3,321 of 11,986
I would confirm that too, that it is the 200ohm.

If it is, yikes that makes me slightly nervous.

Apr 5, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #3,324 of 11,986
  Sorry to hear that. If you received it 2 months ago, it most likely to be a 100 ohm version. Have you confirmed with Audeze personally? Any update from the dealer? 

I checked my serial # when I got it, against the #s posted by Audeze in this thread a while ago
And going by the fact that I have to turn up my amp, like most everyone here has stated, I am sure I have the new 200 Ohm version.
But I will get my dealer to confirm it.

Apr 5, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #3,325 of 11,986
Audeze drive failure rate is far too high. Also inconsistency in the same line of models seems to also be a problem.

I love Audeze, but they need to get their **** together before releasing such a statement headphone.How many people have to be the guinea pigs before they release a LCD-4.2 which is actually stable and consistent?

Apr 5, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #3,326 of 11,986
Audeze drive failure rate is far too high. Also inconsistency in the same line of models seems to also be a problem.

I love Audeze, but they need to get their **** together before releasing such a statement headphone.How many people have to be the guinea pigs before they release a LCD-4.2 which is actually stable and consistent?

Agreed. A nice and creative company but with ****ty quality control. If my LCD4 gets driver failure, i 100% sure i won't buy anything from Audeze again, not anymore.

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #3,327 of 11,986
gripping my X tighter 
tongue.gif

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #3,328 of 11,986
Just when I thought the 200 Ohms driver eliminated the QC problems as they added aluminium layer/deposit on the diaphragm to make it more resilient and robust ... I was looking forward to get this but guess I will have to wait a long time until this is sorted out ..... again. 

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #3,329 of 11,986
We don't know that he has the 200ohm version yet, unless I can't read.

Apr 6, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #3,330 of 11,986
i sure do hope that i do not have any driver issues with my LCD-4...they really do need to get this problem under control once and for all......i guess if one owns audeze cans he or she better have additional cans available in case of driver failure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back