Audeze LCD-4
Nov 29, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #1,846 of 11,995
Yeah, it would be nice if I could find a place in Washington state that sells either of them. 

Try Audeze Headphones for 30 Days Risk Free

Audeze now offers a 30-day return policy at no extra charge. The customer is responsible for paying the return freight to Audeze using a shipping method with tracking numbers.

We offer free shipping on ALL orders of new, direct-sale products including cables and accessories, to customers in the USA; including HAWAII and ALASKA. If you purchase from outside the USA, your warranty service, if needed, must be done in the USA.

Buy your Audeze headphone today and in the unlikely event you want to return them, do so within 30 days with no penalty.

I was referring to purchasing from Stereodesk not from Audeze. Above only apply to purchases on Audeze website directly.

Nov 29, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #1,847 of 11,995
I was referring to purchasing from Stereodesk not from Audeze. Above only apply to purchases on Audeze website directly.

BTW it looks like Stereodesk will honor a 30 day return.

This is from their website:

Welcome to Audeze's new reference.  If Patek Philippe made a headphone, it might resemble the LCD-4.  It's not worth your time to compare it to the LCD-3 or the LCD-X or any other headphone.  It, like a work of art, stands on its own. It's merit is immediately evident the moment you place it on your head.  The very elite group of 'headphones we can't live without' has just grown.  After hearing it, we could no more do without it than air.  We will also extend the same warranty and trial period as Audeze proper.  Please read below. 

http://stereodesk.com/products/audeze-lcd-4 

Nov 29, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #1,848 of 11,995

Welcome to Audeze's new reference.  If Patek Philippe made a headphone, it might resemble the LCD-4.  It's not worth your time to compare it to the LCD-3 or the LCD-X or any other headphone.  It, like a work of art, stands on its own. It's merit is immediately evident the moment you place it on your head.  The very elite group of 'headphones we can't live without' has just grown.  After hearing it, we could no more do without it than air.  We will also extend the same warranty and trial period as Audeze proper.  Please read below. 

Yes, I missed this part, sorry.

Nov 29, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #1,849 of 11,995
  Black Friday wish granted.

LCD-4 for $3,000

Holy smokes thats an amazing deal!
What to do... what to do...  
eek.gif

Nov 29, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #1,851 of 11,995

I'll consider the LCD4 when a few people have owned them for over 12 months, after my experience with the LCD3 I need some reassurances that the reliability issues are resolved.

HEK+Abyss will serve me just fine until then.

@Hi-Phi, the LCD4 (or any planar) will rock on your rig. If you can find a fee free return policy on the Abyss, it would be best to grab both, test, and return the one you don't want. Would just cost you the price of both upfront though. You can also see if there is a dealer near you that has both and try them out, throw the HE1000 in that test if you do find a dealer.

Yeah, it would be nice if I could find a place in Washington state that sells either of them. 
Actually HP or discounted items are not returnable.

Try Audeze Headphones for 30 Days Risk Free

Audeze now offers a 30-day return policy at no extra charge. The customer is responsible for paying the return freight to Audeze using a shipping method with tracking numbers.

We offer free shipping on ALL orders of new, direct-sale products including cables and accessories, to customers in the USA; including HAWAII and ALASKA. If you purchase from outside the USA, your warranty service, if needed, must be done in the USA.

Buy your Audeze headphone today and in the unlikely event you want to return them, do so within 30 days with no penalty.

Tell me about it. I had to fly out to RMAF in Denver to hear all those side by side.

However, the Seattle meet is coming up next weekend and will likely have several HE1K and often has the abyss. May be wishful thinking for the 4 to show up, but I wouldn't be surprised as we often have vendors fly in and locals have been busy buying everything new.

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #1,858 of 11,995
I had done such a good job of resisting tempation...basking in the love of my LCD-X...but then my company decided to give me a bonus...AAARRRGHHHH...

Peter's description of that holographic imaging is really resonating with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back