Audeze LCD-4
Nov 29, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #1,831 of 12,053
Well I ordered my pair and did not want to use my Local Vendor as they are Stereo Exchange in NY and I hate those guys.  They have a great selection but the attitudes are just too much.  Besides I don't want to deal with sales tax.

Back to eating Ramen for a while.

Nov 29, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #1,833 of 12,053
  Well I ordered my pair and did not want to use my Local Vendor as they are Stereo Exchange in NY and I hate those guys.  They have a great selection but the attitudes are just too much.  Besides I don't want to deal with sales tax.

Back to eating Ramen for a while.

Congrats on the purchase.  Understood on Stereo Exchange - I'm not a fan of their sales team either.

Did you get an ETA?

Nov 29, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #1,834 of 12,053
I'll consider the LCD4 when a few people have owned them for over 12 months, after my experience with the LCD3 I need some reassurances that the reliability issues are resolved.

HEK+Abyss will serve me just fine until then.

@Hi-Phi, the LCD4 (or any planar) will rock on your rig. If you can find a fee free return policy on the Abyss, it would be best to grab both, test, and return the one you don't want. Would just cost you the price of both upfront though. You can also see if there is a dealer near you that has both and try them out, throw the HE1000 in that test if you do find a dealer.

Nov 29, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #1,837 of 12,053
  Whats the deal stereo exchange? Pushy?

Arrogant, Attempt to size you up on entry, Not actually all that knowledgeable.

Pretty much will ignore you unless they think there is a minimum of $20k in play based on how you dress.  I've gone in after a business meeting in a good suit and had immediate help.  Gone in dressed casually after a morning walk and got ignored.

Otherwise, it's a fine establishment.....

If they didn't have a prime location in NYC, they would have been gone a long time ago.  There are better options in the City.

Nov 29, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #1,838 of 12,053
  Man...as much as I'd love a price drop.....I just think it's so unlikely as it's going to be a direct slap in the face to anyone that's already bought into it.  IMO the way it's presented, it's priced more or less accurately as it's a clear step forward form LCD-3 from the feedbacks....it's just truly diminishing returns when you're at this level in the game.....it can only get that much better.  On the bright side, the wallet won't hurt as bad as soon as I sell off my LCD-x and LCD-xc hah.

Selling the XC eh? 
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #1,839 of 12,053
3K is a hell of a deal and I'd be all over it IMO but I just sprung for an OLED 4K during the BF madness. Return the TV and buy these or just wait it out lol. Think I still want to pick up an XC and I'm attempting to get on a loaner list for HEK. Also want a Yggy. damn.
eek.gif

Nov 29, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #1,841 of 12,053

Arrogant, Attempt to size you up on entry, Not actually all that knowledgeable.

Pretty much will ignore you unless they think there is a minimum of $20k in play based on how you dress.  I've gone in after a business meeting in a good suit and had immediate help.  Gone in dressed casually after a morning walk and got ignored.

Otherwise, it's a fine establishment.....

If they didn't have a prime location in NYC, they would have been gone a long time ago.  There are better options in the City.

Ditto....
BTW I sold Hi End Audio during the 90's and had many customers turn away from Stereo Exchange to the establishment I worked for at the time.
The more money you have and the more ignorant you are...you become SE favorite customer.

Nov 29, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #1,842 of 12,053

Not an issue for me I liked the LCD 3F I just thought that the HEK was quite a bit better and so the LCD 3F went up for sale.  Therefore since the LCD4 is an improvement over the 3F I'm sure I won't have an issue with not liking it.

Nov 29, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #1,843 of 12,053
3K is a hell of a deal and I'd be all over it IMO but I just sprung for an OLED 4K during the BF madness. Return the TV and buy these or just wait it out lol. Think I still want to pick up an XC and I'm attempting to get on a loaner list for HEK. Also want a Yggy. damn.:eek:

Lol.....it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission when it come to the wife.

Nov 29, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #1,844 of 12,053
Lol.....it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission when it come to the wife.

Isn't that the truth lol. Although when I told her how much the TV was she was like F bomb this and what not. So I went and got it, set it up, and for the past 3 days she's been glued to it. Haven't heard a peep. Ok by me since I can escape to listen to some tunes.

Imo the struggle is I had a brief time to listen to the 4s at the NYC meet and it just didn't knock me on my ass and make me go empty my wallet. I do want that headband though, stalking the website everyday lol. Also I feel I need to listen to HEK first since these days I've been reaching for my 560s on the Woo setup over the 3s.

Nov 29, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #1,845 of 12,053
  I'll consider the LCD4 when a few people have owned them for over 12 months, after my experience with the LCD3 I need some reassurances that the reliability issues are resolved.

HEK+Abyss will serve me just fine until then.

@Hi-Phi, the LCD4 (or any planar) will rock on your rig. If you can find a fee free return policy on the Abyss, it would be best to grab both, test, and return the one you don't want. Would just cost you the price of both upfront though. You can also see if there is a dealer near you that has both and try them out, throw the HE1000 in that test if you do find a dealer.

Yeah, it would be nice if I could find a place in Washington state that sells either of them. 
Actually HP or discounted items are not returnable.

Try Audeze Headphones for 30 Days Risk Free

Audeze now offers a 30-day return policy at no extra charge. The customer is responsible for paying the return freight to Audeze using a shipping method with tracking numbers.

We offer free shipping on ALL orders of new, direct-sale products including cables and accessories, to customers in the USA; including HAWAII and ALASKA. If you purchase from outside the USA, your warranty service, if needed, must be done in the USA.

Buy your Audeze headphone today and in the unlikely event you want to return them, do so within 30 days with no penalty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back