Audeze LCD-4
Oct 25, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #1,142 of 12,021
I prefer my LCD3 classic to the fazored version too. It seems to have deeper sub-bass (excellent bass quality too) and it deals well with targeting digital glare in vocals. I feel the classic version, now that's it's no longer available new, is well worth seeking out if you have not heard it. The Fazored version is more upfront and a fine phone, but the classic has a balanced, rounded sound that is not dark at all to me, has just as much detail as the fazored one, but the images are pushed a little further back -- but this is sort of a positive because I hear more depth and even layering and fine front-to-back soundstaging.
The 2 LCD3 versions sound quite different to me.
I just hope if I ever have a driver failure in my classic, I can get it fixed w/o it getting Fazored. (Fazors on stun, captain...)
I'm posting this in the LCD4 thread because I wonder if the 4 is going more in the upfront-sounding direction or not. I.e., will it be fazors on steroids or more towards the few-rows-back sound with more depth of field I hear in my LCD3 classic?

Not dark at all? Images pushed back? Wow, what LCD-3's do you own? The 1 Fazor I heard was unimpressive, and I too preferred my LCD-3C, but for different reasons. To this day the LCD-3 is the only "dark", "upfront" headphone that I believe was done right. It's a very distinct sound and as a whole this is where the appeal is. Compared to everything else I own, however, they are quite dark and undoubtedly forward.

Oct 25, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #1,144 of 12,021
Oct 25, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #1,145 of 12,021
mad.gif

Oct 25, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #1,147 of 12,021
Maybe their busy enjoying them.

True story. :) I have my impressions, but I'm giving the headphones more time before I post publicly about them. 

Oct 26, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #1,150 of 12,021
I found Uncle E1's expression review enough. He was clearly thinking "dammit, I gotta buy these and they're expensive..." :D

Or it could've been the blaster mentioned by Middy I suppose.

Oct 26, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #1,151 of 12,021
I had a listen to the pair at the Tokyo show with the Deckard. Meet impressions are no good for examining detail retrieval so I can only say that they had a fairly typical Audeze sound signature with slightly thick lower mids like the LCD-X.

Oct 26, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #1,153 of 12,021
Why aren't there sound proof booths at these shows? Doesn't have to be an anechoic chamber on skates. I suppose the hotel room works. But you wouldn't have a strobe going off in an art museum.
Kingwood does look nice. It's not the Knots, it's the naughts... Wood/Money pun...ahem...
Have and have knots..
I was told how much.. so I covered my ears..
Sorry...

Oct 26, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #1,154 of 12,021
  I had a listen to the pair at the Tokyo show with the Deckard. Meet impressions are no good for examining detail retrieval so I can only say that they had a fairly typical Audeze sound signature with slightly thick lower mids like the LCD-X.

Yea, I had a similar experience with the HEK.  Listening on my rig that drives the LCD-X/XC.  Couldn't really hear the music or the SQ of the cans.  So, meets are fun to meet people and share experiences, but for critical listening we need a different forum.

Oct 26, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #1,155 of 12,021
I think the demo LCD-4 units have been out long enough, that we will soon start to get critical listening impressions coming our way.  Looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back