Audeze LCD-4
Oct 27, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #1,171 of 11,994

Yes, Tony said Audeze are getting people's wood preferences lined up and they hoped to be shipping LCD-4s in about two weeks.  He called me to get my wood preference and said that kingwood was limited and would not be offered for long.  I ordered cocobolo.

Thanks for that. Spoke with Tony on Monday about wood preferences while running between planes. Did not think to ask "when?".

Oct 27, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #1,172 of 11,994

Yes, Tony said Audeze are getting people's wood preferences lined up and they hoped to be shipping LCD-4s in about two weeks.  He called me to get my wood preference and said that kingwood was limited and would not be offered for long.  I ordered cocobolo.

I opted for cocobolo as well, especially since it's newly been designated as endangered, and hence no new supplies should be available once current stocks are exhausted. Besides, I like its oily finish.

Oct 27, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #1,173 of 11,994
http://www.audiostream.com/content/life-hi-fi#297M0duYBbvyw8yC.97

Just a reminder from the 1950s.
As true to sound and shiny polished wood.

I know this the 4 thread but I'd love a 3f, its what I can just afford.. Even in this thread it's loved and loathed but the advice from people here and 60 years ago..

A headphone bird on the head is worth 20 reviews in the bush..

A CANJAM in Britain's second city calls...
Hope you guys had a good one today.

Can't wait for impressions though ironically. ...

Oct 27, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #1,174 of 11,994
I have placed an order for this HP as well as the King amp.

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #1,175 of 11,994
I have just got off the phone with a friend who buys a large quantity of Audeze headphones in the US. He sent me some new pics of the Macassar Ebony wood cup fines, he said that this finish will only be available to US residents, he no what 2 pairs and Audeze are concerned about the fragility of the drivers. There have been a few that have failed in external field testing. So it would seem a limited US release in case of major driver issues would be the most sensible way for them to go.

Higher Res Pics of the Macassar Ebony wood cup finish for those that are interested.

PM me if you want the original higher res files

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #1,177 of 11,994
Oct 27, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #1,178 of 11,994
Beautiful, absolutely stunning! I want one, but my Wife and Wallet are demurring (forcefully):cry:.

Oct 27, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #1,180 of 11,994
The Woo stand is not expensive. Under well under $100. A top quality piece of kit.

The one pictured was $160.,  but is discontinued:

http://www.wooaudio.com/products/

Oct 27, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #1,182 of 11,994
I have just got off the phone with a friend who buys a large quantity of Audeze headphones in the US. He sent me some new pics of the Macassar Ebony wood cup fines, he said that this finish will only be available to US residents, he no what 2 pairs and Audeze are concerned about the fragility of the drivers. There have been a few that have failed in external field testing. So it would seem a limited US release in case of major driver issues would be the most sensible way for them to go.

Higher Res Pics of the Macassar Ebony wood cup finish for those that are interested.

PM me if you want the original higher res files

Am I understanding you correctly? Audeze are releasing the LCD-4 to the public, that they had known driver field failures? Why still the concern from Audeze? Was the new design investigated for root cause? Or simply fingers crossed this won't turn out like the LCD-3 failures?

Oct 27, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #1,183 of 11,994
But what about the headphone stand..

The stand falls within the budget, and will wistfully await the day when it agin lays with the LCD-4.......

Oct 27, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #1,185 of 11,994
I wish I could get either a Cocobolo Omega stand, which unfortunately doesn't exist, or that chromed Woo stand, which is discontinued. Maybe Woo will bring it back for the LCD-4?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back