Audeze LCD-4
Oct 26, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #1,156 of 11,994
Just a thought... I am sure most would want a critical listen at a show.
Have a limited 20 min listen in a hotel for a small fee.

For small retailers and Manufacturers don't shell out per show as the room is payed for. People come for what they came for, a full listen with thier gear or hi end set up. Pay in advance.

You can play with the idea but seems win win..

Oct 26, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #1,158 of 11,994
Just a thought... I am sure most would want a critical listen at a show.
Have a limited 20 min listen in a hotel for a small fee.

For small retailers and Manufacturers don't shell out per show as the room is payed for. People come for what they came for, a full listen with thier gear or hi end set up. Pay in advance.

You can play with the idea but seems win win..

"Um, I'd like a hotel room for less than an hour please to try something out. Do you have an isolated room also? And do you have an ATM? I need to get some cash for the fee they charge. What? You're not that kind of hotel? No, honestly that's not what I'm talking about!!!"

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #1,159 of 11,994
"Um, I'd like a hotel room for less than an hour please to try something out. Do you have an isolated room also? And do you have an ATM? I need to get some cash for the fee they charge. What? You're not that kind of hotel? No, honestly that's not what I'm talking about!!!"

In this context, just be sure not to describe the Audezes as the heavy ones that sit on your head... :wink:

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #1,160 of 11,994
I don't know how long "demo units" have been out.  I thought they start shipping this week?   I'd try not to judge these with less than 200 hours burned-in.  I also think that an excellent DAC, interconnects, and amp would be needed to review a superlative headphone.  just a thought . . . 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #1,161 of 11,994
As currawonga said he listened on the DECKARD. It's primary focus will be the king. Other chains may sound better, an O2 Amp and Mojo or some uber kit.

But it I believe was released to sit aside the King and a burnt in 4. with the king maybe its what brings out the improvements.

With the King I can see it wasn't called the Queen LCD4..

'Only hands on time.. will tell' I suppose..

lucky is the guy who can tell us.

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #1,162 of 11,994
As currawonga said he listened on the DECKARD. It's primary focus will be the king. Other chains may sound better, an O2 Amp and Mojo or some uber kit.

But it I believe was released to sit aside the King and a burnt in 4. with the king maybe its what brings out the improvements.

With the King I can see it wasn't called the Queen LCD4..

'Only hands on time.. will tell' I suppose..

lucky is the guy who can tell us.

I have a The King on order, so we'll see when it ships. Interested to compare with Mojo2.

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #1,164 of 11,994
I have a King on order as well, but it's not that clear to me that the LCD-4 was developed/voiced specifically for the King Amplifier. Or vice-versa. In fact, to my eyes, the Audez'e marketing material suggests something more like independent development, i.e., they simply liked the way their stuff sounded on the Bascom King prototype. If Audez'e wants to chime in here and clarify, that would be welcome.

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #1,165 of 11,994
I spoke to Tony, the sales manager at Audeze yesterday and he said it would be a couple more weeks before they ship the LCD-4 orders.

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #1,166 of 11,994
Was a little assumption on my part as well,...Dr Fang over @Hifiman rolled out his an stated they are best together.. One of the Tyll videos I think.

Both as independent entities in their right. But they would be at least in synergy, if not complement and enhance. 4 & King together... The likes of lucky boy 'Shembot' can tell us.
I am still a noob here just chatting with nice people more than contribution.
I have learned one immutable fact..
End game = tommorow

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #1,167 of 11,994
Was a little assumption on my part as well,...Dr Fang over @Hifiman rolled out his an stated they are best together.. One of the Tyll videos I think.

Both as independent entities in their right. But they would be at least in synergy, if not complement and enhance. 4 & King together... The likes of lucky boy 'Shembot' can tell us.
I am still a noob here just chatting with nice people more than contribution.
I have learned one immutable fact..
End game = tommorow

The assumption makes sense to me, and seems to me what they ought to be aiming for. Just thought that, if it were the case, they would have stated so more definitely.

"End game=tomorrow". I like that.

Oct 27, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #1,170 of 11,994

Ship what? LCD-4? 

Yes, Tony said Audeze are getting people's wood preferences lined up and they hoped to be shipping LCD-4s in about two weeks.  He called me to get my wood preference and said that kingwood was limited and would not be offered for long.  I ordered cocobolo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back