Audeze LCD-4
Nov 2, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #1,321 of 11,994
  That's the problem. I just want to get my money's worth for sound quality, and also comfort, and I suppose durability. I don't want to pay for bling.
As a comparison, look at the fine workmanship on an Oppo PM1 for $1000. (Although I wish the earspace on the Oppo was a little larger as a nit-pick here).
The LCD3 design and comfort is just fine for me and all I need. I which Audeze would offer a no-frills version of the LCD4 in an LCD3 frame for something closer to the 3's price.
Even if the headband is more comfortable, it's not worth such a huge price premium when the LCD3 design is fine.
Maybe the nice headband should be a ~$500 option on all their phones. That would be fair and generous I'd say.

(And with the Oppo, you get an over-the-top case -- unlike the Grado cardboard box on $1K+ phones LOL. But I digress here; please excuse that and not get off on too many tangents.)

I believe that the estimated price point is $200 for an upgrade headband. ...$500 for a headband??? lol. that is a tad bit ridiculous.

Nov 2, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #1,324 of 11,994
I believe that the estimated price point is $200 for an upgrade headband. ...$500 for a headband??? lol. that is a tad bit ridiculous.

With the amount some people shell out for their aftermarket cables, I could see manufactures getting away with a $500 headband cost.

Nov 2, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #1,325 of 11,994

With the amount some people shell out for their aftermarket cables, I could see manufactures getting away with a $500 headband cost.

Some believe those cables improve sq, headband no. At $500 the Lohb would be extremely attractive.

Nov 2, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #1,326 of 11,994
Wow, $500 for a headband? The Audeze apologists can rationalise anything!

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #1,328 of 11,994
Hey I thought Audeze was using only renewable resource carbon fiber....:wink:.

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #1,331 of 11,994
I guess I was just hoping there would still be both unbalanced and balanced cables that would come with the 4, as both was actually included in all previous offerings, and it would be weird if for the $4000 flagship you would have to buy a single ended cable for it externally in the event that you picked the premium cable in balanced. 

I get that some prefer a more bare-bones package, but the way I see it, it's not like they will be adjusting the MSRP from $3995 to $3000 / $2500 after they decide to skip the extras like a stand / both types of cables. It seems the price of $3995 is fixed and here to stay. So on the basis of the unchangeable price of $3995, one would hope that besides from sound quality, there would be some goodies thrown in there for good measure.

Of course in an ideal world there would be a full-bundled version (with a healthy assortment of accessories like Shure flagships) and a much cheaper just-the-headphones-and-a-travel-case-and-a-cable version for those who only wants the SQ and would prefer to save on everything else. 

Nov 3, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #1,332 of 11,994
Just spoke with someone on Instagram who had the chance to hear the LCD-4 out of a WA8 (when is that finally going to come out, btw) and said it was truly amazing...really interested to see more actual, in-depth LCD04 reviews, as I'd love to save up for these in the long-run.  

Nov 3, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #1,333 of 11,994
Hey! Carbon fiber doesn't just grow on trees!

Cocobolo grows on trees. How much does that cost? 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back