Audeze LCD-4
Nov 4, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #1,352 of 11,994
And here is the frequency graph I received from Audeze for my LCD4. I have only listened to them briefly, I will have to give it more time before I post impressions. For now all I can say is it is a definite step up from my LCD3F.      

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #1,353 of 11,994
Are those graphs for two different LCD4s?

Yes. Graphs from two LCD4s.  One which is mine, the other my friend.
I have been listening to them extensively and have been enjoying them immensely especially with long listening periods.

Also for those who are concerned, to my ears, the Audeze house signature is not only present, but also 'polished' (apologies for lack of better a term).  

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #1,354 of 11,994
Can't wait for more detailed impressions as several members here seem to have received theirs

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #1,355 of 11,994
Can't wait for more detailed impressions as several members here seem to have received theirs

A great big +1 on that!

This is exciting...can't wait to hear more feedback

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #1,357 of 11,994
My FedEx tracking just updated and now I have to wait till Thursday! 
frown.gif

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #1,359 of 11,994
Are those graphs for two different LCD4s?

I have been listening to them extensively and have been enjoying them immensely especially with long listening periods.

Also for those who are concerned, to my ears, the Audeze house signature is not only present, but also 'polished' (apologies for lack of better a term).  

Thanks for the clarification and congrats on the new headphones.

It's great to start hearing from actual owners in this thread. Those that have received their LCD4s really seem to be enjoying them.

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #1,360 of 11,994

Hi mate

Do you own any of the other Audeze models?

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #1,361 of 11,994
  Hi mate

Do you own any of the other Audeze models?

My friend has the LCD-3F.  Through our listening session, which was about 2-3 hours, we both found the LCD4 superior in every aspect.  It was difficult to find a reason to utilize the LCD3F over the LCD4.  But please kindly note, that this is a relatively short comparison session.  I will list some of the artists I listened to below.

I personally have the LCD-XC.  My opinion is we shouldn't compare closed and open headphones as they have different purposes.  But in terms of pure sound quality, the LCD4 wins over my ears by a long way.  Since I live with both these headphones, when switching for different purposes, I find the Audeze sound signature very present and even 'polish' in the LCD4 (as mentioned in a previous post).

Just some brief opinions from the short amount of listening time I had.  Detail retrieval, spaciousness (not in a wide concert hall sense, but more of a jazz lounge type of feel), vocal and instrumental separation are all remarkable.  It continues to have what some describe as a dark, warm, lush signature, which for me is euphoric and musical.

I also ordered the King Amp, which I am eager to test.

Now heading to sensitive ground... HD800 (with the Anaxilus Mod).  Please kindly note that these are my initial thoughts.
I thought I will find certain genres of music to be more appealing on my modded HD800.  The soundstage is phenomenal (much wider but not necessarily sounds better than the LCD4 : more of a preference) and the first couple notes to your ears, sound clear and bright (but not sharp to my ears).  However, the LCD4 simply retrieves more detail.  After your ears have settled in, switching back and forth, it becomes clear to me I prefer the LCD4.  Notes are fast and precise.  Then of course you get the punchy and not heavy bass.

I still very much enjoy the HD800, but after 1 or 2 songs I currently find myself wanting to settle in and focus listening to the LCD4. 

Here are some of the Artists I am listening to :

David Bowie
Susan Wong
Olivia Ong
Laurent Korcia
Nothing But Thieves
Aiza Seguerra
Sofia
Bevlyn Khoo
Mayo Shono
Areia De Rio
Angela
Starsailor
Troye Sivan
Stacy Kent
Jacky Cheung
Leslie Cheung

Please keep in mind that these are just my initial thoughts.

Cheers.

Nov 4, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #1,362 of 11,994
@olilam
I own LCD-3F and have been using them as my primary phones for quite some time. My initial listening impressions are similar to yours, cannot agree with you more. LCD-4s are better in every aspect and if I decide to keep the LCD-4s, I am selling my LCD-3Fs. If only I could trade in...

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #1,363 of 11,994
My friend has the LCD-3F.  Through our listening session, which was about 2-3 hours, we both found the LCD4 superior in every aspect.  It was difficult to find a reason to utilize the LCD3F over the LCD4.  But please kindly note, that this is a relatively short comparison session.  I will list some of the artists I listened to below.

I personally have the LCD-XC.  My opinion is we shouldn't compare closed and open headphones as they have different purposes.  But in terms of pure sound quality, the LCD4 wins over my ears by a long way.  Since I live with both these headphones, when switching for different purposes, I find the Audeze sound signature very present and even 'polish' in the LCD4 (as mentioned in a previous post).

Just some brief opinions from the short amount of listening time I had.  Detail retrieval, spaciousness (not in a wide concert hall sense, but more of a jazz lounge type of feel), vocal and instrumental separation are all remarkable.  It continues to have what some describe as a dark, warm, lush signature, which for me is euphoric and musical.

I also ordered the King Amp, which I am eager to test.

Now heading to sensitive ground... HD800 (with the Anaxilus Mod).  Please kindly note that these are my initial thoughts.
I thought I will find certain genres of music to be more appealing on my modded HD800.  The soundstage is phenomenal (much wider but not necessarily sounds better than the LCD4 : more of a preference) and the first couple notes to your ears, sound clear and bright (but not sharp to my ears).  However, the LCD4 simply retrieves more detail.  After your ears have settled in, switching back and forth, it becomes clear to me I prefer the LCD4.  Notes are fast and precise.  Then of course you get the punchy and not heavy bass.

I still very much enjoy the HD800, but after 1 or 2 songs I currently find myself wanting to settle in and focus listening to the LCD4. 

Here are some of the Artists I am listening to :

David Bowie
Susan Wong
Olivia Ong
Laurent Korcia
Nothing But Thieves
Aiza Seguerra
Sofia
Bevlyn Khoo
Mayo Shono
Areia De Rio
Angela
Starsailor
Troye Sivan
Stacy Kent
Jacky Cheung
Leslie Cheung

Please keep in mind that these are just my initial thoughts.

Cheers.
Thank you very much

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #1,364 of 11,994
Some heavy hitting artists to judge the LCD4 against and say it reveals more detail. A fantastic piece of engineering by Audeze.
As the eminent gentleman potkettle said thanks for the teaser impressions.

And the king coming.

I feel a diamond heist in the making.
Where are my best stockings...

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #1,365 of 11,994
Some heavy hitting artists to judge the LCD4 against and say it reveals more detail. A fantastic piece of engineering by Audeze.
As the eminent gentleman potkettle said thanks for the teaser impressions.

And the king coming.

I feel a diamond heist in the making.
Where are my best stockings...

Middy, the Spainards nabbed a couple members of the "Pink Panter Gang" today. We just need to find where stash the goods, ahh....I can see it now the Rivera, LCD-4's, Mrs. Middy & Wildcat fetching us cocktails:cocktail:.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back