Audeze LCD-4
Jul 29, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #9,466 of 11,989
While this is true, their "Ribbon" Headphone was a huge success being compared to the Susvara at a third of the cost.

I'm excited for the E-Stat, even tho I have no amplifier to drive one...
LCD-R is not a Susvara replacement or even close to Susvara’s technicalities. They are two completely different styles and don’t compete directly.

Jul 30, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #9,467 of 11,989
LCD-R is not a Susvara replacement or even close to Susvara’s technicalities. They are two completely different styles and don’t compete directly.
I can only quote what I read in the LCD-R thread, so I have no way of judging these Statements myself.

However there are a few that compare it to Susvara and one who is putting is Susvara now up for sale. To compare it as an even competitor alone is much of an achievement for an experiment like this.

Still a success

Jul 30, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #9,468 of 11,989
I can only quote what I read in the LCD-R thread, so I have no way of judging these Statements myself.

However there are a few that compare it to Susvara and one who is putting is Susvara now up for sale. To compare it as an even competitor alone is much of an achievement for an experiment like this.

Still a success

Still a success
It just means his preference was for something more intimate and lively with more timbre.

Susvara is still the best all-rounder.

TBH I haven’t listened to my Susvara since I’ve had LCD-R. LCD-R is quite addicting, but I know for sure Susvara is technically better, at least in most ways that people tend judge/score a headphone.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #9,470 of 11,989
Audeze releasing an estat next week?
Well soon not necessarily next week.
Using Stax connectors and retailing for about 4300$ is what was leaked

Jul 30, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #9,473 of 11,989
I got an offer for my Susvaras today

Wondering if I should sell in anticipation lol. 😂

Listening to my Sr1a for my usual Susvara tracks anyway, these days
I'd wait and see what the reviewers say.

Jul 30, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #9,475 of 11,989

I'd wait.

I have no doubt that the new Audeze will be excellent, but standing up to the Susvara is no easy task

Jul 30, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #9,476 of 11,989

My estat buddies have predicted resonance issues with CRBN. It will depends how much research Audeze has done with the design. The high-end estat brands have a lot more experience in this area (unless Audeze hired another estat expert).

Jul 30, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #9,477 of 11,989
My estat buddies have predicted resonance issues with CRBN. It will depends how much research Audeze has done with the design. The high-end estat brands have a lot more experience in this area (unless Audeze hired another estat expert).
yeah im gonna let people give a million impressions before jumping in on this. The CRBN hopefully brings something new to Estats. Im curious. I also hope it isn't limited like the LCD R.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #9,478 of 11,989
yeah im gonna let people give a million impressions before jumping in on this. The CRBN hopefully brings something new to Estats. Im curious. I also hope it isn't limited like the LCD R.
Well.. we do know they have been playing with it for at least a year. You can see their request to trademark “CRBN” began at the beginning of the pandemic. Hopefully this means they have spent the time for trial and error.

Jul 30, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #9,479 of 11,989

WOW, after reading all your posts about susvara I never imagined you selling it

Jul 30, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #9,480 of 11,989
I'm optimistic that the CRBN will be something of high quality. Audeze developed the diaphragm while working on a metal-free noise canceling headphone for use inside MRI machines. I used to work at a medical device* company and I can tell producing one involves a huge amount of testing and having processes that are written down in every detail. The FDA takes it very seriously. So at a minimum, I think the diaphragm will be well made and the talk about carbon fiber nanotubes is not the usual marketing bullsht.

*I think it is likely that a pair of headphones to be worn by a patient inside of an MRI would be considered a medical device by the FDA, but I'm not certain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back