Audeze LCD-4
Sep 18, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #8,671 of 11,994
Went ahead and got the Topping A90 to power these. So far I have zero regrets. I still need to get a balanced XLR to maximize the power I can pump into them, but even with the 1/4" I can feel the power flowing through me. With heavy bass, especially with drums, I can literally feel it throughout my whole body like a subwoofer. It's nuts.
I have an arctic cable XLR at 6 ft I'll sell you for a good price. Just lmk!

Sep 19, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #8,672 of 11,994
Went ahead and got the Topping A90 to power these. So far I have zero regrets. I still need to get a balanced XLR to maximize the power I can pump into them, but even with the 1/4" I can feel the power flowing through me. With heavy bass, especially with drums, I can literally feel it throughout my whole body like a subwoofer. It's nuts.

I can certainly appreciate your enthusiasm with new gear (We've all been there for sure), but IMO no headphone gives me the full body tangible tactile experience of a subwoofer (In my case, an SVS SB16).

Sep 19, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #8,673 of 11,994
I have the TC and LCD-4, great bass out of both. But compared to my Goldenear Reference speakers, not even close. I was watching a movie the other night, Dunkirk, and my pant legs were actually moving. Crazy, with zero audible distortion. But for musicality, I'll take my LCD-4 or TC.

Sep 19, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #8,674 of 11,994
I can certainly appreciate your enthusiasm with new gear (We've all been there for sure), but IMO no headphone gives me the full body tangible tactile experience of a subwoofer (In my case, an SVS SB16).
I wouldn't say it's anything like a subwoofer, but it definitely produces a kinesthetic kind of feeling unlike any headphone I've heard. I can "feel" the bass throughout my body, whereas with other cans I can hear it and maybe feel it in my ears. There is a lot of power coming out of them.

Oct 2, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #8,676 of 11,994
I just got my new LCD4 and so happy about , sound amazing compare to other my headphones including Hifiman HE1000, don’t get me wrong Hifiman also very nice , but Audeze to my taste just match better

They are such good sounding headphones. Gotta love the LCD house sound and if you do ...just grab the LCD-4 and cut through the chase....b-stock versions can be found at a nice price

Oct 2, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #8,677 of 11,994
They are such good sounding headphones. Gotta love the LCD house sound and if you do ...just grab the LCD-4 and cut through the chase....b-stock versions can be found at a nice price
That’s exactly what I did through EBay and I paid 2650, also not little money, but compared to 4000 big deference and headphones in perfect condition with full warranty, if you need I can give you name of store , because on eBay they have completely different name, I just realized it’s Audeze when I start chat what them

Oct 2, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #8,678 of 11,994
I don't see them leaving my possession any time soon. They have a particular sound signature that some may dislike because of its imperfect neutrality, but they are just so darn smooth and listenable. If there is a track with a lot of high-pitched treble that sounds sibilant on a bright pair of cans, I just switch to the LCD's and it becomes enjoyable without losing any clarity. I can see why they tuned them the way they did.

Oct 2, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #8,679 of 11,994
I picked a B stock pair up two years ago direct from Audeze for $2500. Still can't find any flaws. Running strong for two years. Wonderful headphones.

Oct 2, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #8,680 of 11,994
Can anyone with utopia , lcd 4 and Susvara please let us know which is your favorite and why?

Oct 3, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #8,682 of 11,994
Always interested in LCD but super afraid of thier weight lol

Try them yourself. I love my LCD4 and have never experienced any comfort problem. My HE1000se is lighter and more comfortable, BUT it’s not like I ever think about the weight or feel any discomfort while listing to my LCD4.

Oct 3, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #8,683 of 11,994
Try them yourself. I love my LCD4 and have never experienced any comfort problem. My HE1000se is lighter and more comfortable, BUT it’s not like I ever think about the weight or feel any discomfort while listing to my LCD4.
Ok. Based on your experience what are the major differences between LCD4 and HE1000se?

Oct 3, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #8,684 of 11,994
Ok. Based on your experience what are the major differences between LCD4 and HE1000se?

LCD-4 is all about sounding enjoyable and musical with some small emphasis on their rich mids and lower frequency. The thing I like the most about Audeze's sound is their rich mids. No other headphones is in the same league then it comes to rich and enjoyable mids. HE1000se is a bit more about sounding super transparent, open and accurate. Both are great HPs but sound very different from each other. HE1000se is more unforgivable on low quality recordings and the treble can sound borderline harsh.

Oct 3, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #8,685 of 11,994
LCD-4 is all about sounding enjoyable and musical with some small emphasis on their rich mids and lower frequency. The thing I like the most about Audeze's sound is their rich mids. No other headphones is in the same league then it comes to rich and enjoyable mids. HE1000se is a bit more about sounding super transparent, open and accurate. Both are great HPs but sound very different from each other. HE1000se is more unforgivable on low quality recordings and the treble can sound borderline harsh.
Thanks for the explanation. Which one do you think does better for female vocals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back