Audeze LCD-4
Nov 3, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #4,726 of 11,995
What room to enjoy the LCD-4?

My place was remodeled and I'm deciding what private space will be their new home. The bedroom is intimate, but its not a good idea to listen in bed before sleep for due to "bad sleep hygiene" reasons.

The living room I don't sleep and get to look out the window; the bed stays for sleep. But the LCD-4/Liqiuid Gold amp/HugoTT seem too in public, and they are in intimate cominbation.

What do you all think? In terns of surrendering that ultimate sonic bliss to your ears in provacy... What type of space do you pefer? Open? Private? Where you seep? Off in a dedicated corner seperate from all your A/V needs?

Those who treat our high end system as altars for musical woship would like to know.

Nov 3, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #4,727 of 11,995

My place was remodeled and I'm deciding what private space will be their new home. The bedroom is intimate, but its not a good idea to listen in bed before sleep for due to "bad sleep hygiene" reasons.

The living room I don't sleep and get to look out the window; the bed stays for sleep. But the LCD-4/Liqiuid Gold amp/HugoTT seem too in public, and they are in intimate cominbation.

What do you all think? In terns of surrendering that ultimate sonic bliss to your ears in provacy... What type of space do you pefer? Open? Private? Where you seep? Off in a dedicated corner seperate from all your A/V needs?

Those who treat our high end system as altars for musical woship would like to know.

I'll be listening in the dog house soon if the wife finds any more of the audio gear that i've recently bought :)

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #4,728 of 11,995
I'll be listening in the dog house soon if the wife finds any more of the audio gear that i've recently bought :)

Lol you can have a custom dog house built lol....a mini man cave lol.:)

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #4,729 of 11,995

Sound proof your dog house, and install some power point in there while you're at it

Nov 3, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #4,730 of 11,995

I listen to my LCD-4s in bed, sleep higiene reasons be dammed :grimacing:

Resting on the pillow, the LCD-4s are light as feathers. I can go for ours. At very low volumes, my wife cannot hear them. Many times I simply fall asleep immersed in the sweet, intimate sound these headphones produce.

Note: I didn't want to be disrespectful. Probably you are right about "bad sleep hygiene". I am retired and I sleep little anyway.

Nov 3, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #4,731 of 11,995
Man/woman cave, iMac , internet access ( LAN line speed) , human scale leather chair, foot rocker, door closing option, visualizer, large desk to house all this hp stuff...done.

No dog house establish don't ask don't tell policy

Nov 6, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #4,732 of 11,995
The LCD-4 sounds great in any room no matter the owners personal hygiene!

Nov 6, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #4,735 of 11,995
I have the blue cable, an lcd3 cable, and an impact cable and they all sound the same.

any opinions on the Moon Audio Silver Dragon (4 pin XLR)???

it's expensive.  was wondering if it's worth it.  

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #4,737 of 11,995
If the blue cable doesn't make a diff3rence I doubt the moon will.

i don't have the blue cable.   i have a very recent unit and it's a 1/4" connector and the cable itself is a black and gold twisty thing.  it says Rean on the connectors but i visited the Rean website and it looks like they just make connectors, not cables.  so i don't know what this is.  

i want to get a balanced XLR cable.  i just don't know whether to lay down $450 for a Moon Silver, or to call Audeze and beg to swap for one of their OEM ones.  are they still doing the blue cable for XLR from the Audeze factory?

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #4,738 of 11,995
i don't have the blue cable.   i have a very recent unit and it's a 1/4" connector and the cable itself is a black and gold twisty thing.  it says Rean on the connectors but i visited the Rean website and it looks like they just make connectors, not cables.  so i don't know what this is.  

i want to get a balanced XLR cable.  i just don't know whether to lay down $450 for a Moon Silver, or to call Audeze and beg to swap for one of their OEM ones.  are they still doing the blue cable for XLR from the Audeze factory?

No. afaik they don't make it anymore. Just get a basic xlr cable from impact audio.

Nov 6, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #4,739 of 11,995

Did you buy the headphones new? You might not have to beg. Audeze might just send you one. Definitely worth an email vs. spending $450 without asking at least. 

Nov 6, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #4,740 of 11,995

Did you buy the headphones new? You might not have to beg. Audeze might just send you one. Definitely worth an email vs. spending $450 without asking at least. 

They replaced the blue cable with the black and gold one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back