Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Jun 16, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #6,556 of 7,334
Hi All - I'm looking to complement my HD800S with the LCD2C - I love the 800S, but with some EDM, LoFi, and ProgRock they lack some low end extension / impact.

Does anyone else have a similar headphone setup and can comment on how they like it / use it?

Jun 16, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #6,557 of 7,334
Hi All - I'm looking to complement my HD800S with the LCD2C - I love the 800S, but with some EDM, LoFi, and ProgRock they lack some low end extension / impact.

Does anyone else have a similar headphone setup and can comment on how they like it / use it?
Get the LCD-X and you will have plenty of low end

Jun 16, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #6,558 of 7,334
Get the LCD-X and you will have plenty of low end

Over the 2C? I want the lush / warm sound to contrast the HD800S - unless you think the X do that better; they are a bit more expensive...

Jun 16, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #6,559 of 7,334
Over the 2C? I want the lush / warm sound to contrast the HD800S - unless you think the X do that better; they are a bit more expensive...
The X is definitely much more refined than the 2C and worth the price increase

Jun 16, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #6,560 of 7,334

I've got the 800S, 2C, and X, among others, and I would recommend the 2C for your use case. It hits harder than the X without EQ, it's lighter and more comfortable, and there isn't a new 2021 revision to confuse things. The X is better, but it's also harder to love. Another recommendation would be the Quad ERA-1 which has excellent bass detail and impact, but a more balanced sound overall.

Jun 16, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #6,561 of 7,334
I've got the 800S, 2C, and X, among others, and I would recommend the 2C for your use case. It hits harder than the X without EQ, it's lighter and more comfortable, and there isn't a new 2021 revision to confuse things. The X is better, but it's also harder to love. Another recommendation would be the Quad ERA-1 which has excellent bass detail and impact, but a more balanced sound overall.
True the X needs the Reveal + to shine 👍👍
Also liked the Quad, a nice all rounder but not a special performer in a specific field, still a good first product by the Brits but would prefer the 2C in the same price category.

Jun 16, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #6,562 of 7,334
Same here, I want also LCD 2C performance but inexpensive. Or what the hell, make it better Susvara performance or LCD4 performance, for the price of a Koss...

Some people are some times funny.

And also I want a car that attracts women like a Porsche, but inexpensive, for the price of a cheap bicycle please, thanks!!!
Tonality is not equal to performance.

All @dosley01 is asking for is a cheaper headphone of similar tonality, but not necessarily the same level of performance as the LCD-2C.

Jun 16, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #6,563 of 7,334
Maybe 2F is what you are looking for. LCD X maybe tries to compete with 800 at the audeze way, 2F much more on the wild side. 2F is like a better 2C, with leather and wood, not this fake leather thing for 900€...

Jun 18, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #6,564 of 7,334
Tonality is not equal to performance.

All @dosley01 is asking for is a cheaper headphone of similar tonality, but not necessarily the same level of performance as the LCD-2C.
Exactly! I probably should have kept my AudioQuest NightHawks and NightOwls, they are the most similar tonally. I was afraid of the build quality over the long term with them being discontinued as the headbands were wearing quickly and replacement pads had all but disappeared. Also having a rubber suspension for the ear cups, that they would eventually fail.

I've decided to just stick with LCD-2C and Burson Playmate 2 setup. I'd probably just end up buying more headphones anyhow with the money if I sold it.:)

Jun 21, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #6,565 of 7,334
After a month with these headphones, I can safely say I've reached my end game until they break or something with tremendous price : performance comes around.
They compliment my Sundara's extremely well, which are brighter and more analytical....which I love out of the mojo in the bedroom.
Initially off the chord mojo I was underwhelmed, but when powered correctly these LCD2C sound like expensive speakers, that's the best way I can explain them.....expensive, warm speakers that are really smooth and pleasant to listen to. I find my self just enjoying the music and not analysing anything as they just sound good with everything......and my god, the bass.

Driven from a Corda Classic and Daccord FF

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #6,566 of 7,334
After a month with these headphones, I can safely say I've reached my end game until they break or something with tremendous price : performance comes around.
They compliment my Sundara's extremely well, which are brighter and more analytical....which I love out of the mojo in the bedroom.
Initially off the chord mojo I was underwhelmed, but when powered correctly these LCD2C sound like expensive speakers, that's the best way I can explain them.....expensive, warm speakers that are really smooth and pleasant to listen to. I find my self just enjoying the music and not analysing anything as they just sound good with everything......and my god, the bass.

Driven from a Corda Classic and Daccord FF
I'm not quite sure I could declare LCD-2C end game for me just yet after about 12 months into my HeadFi journey/obsession, but I absolutely agree where you’re coming from. When I got my pair this past Christmas, I assumed they’d be but one step on the headphone journey. But since then my desire for a new headphone has pretty much disappeared. I reckon I'd need to spend 3-4x more to get a meaningful improvement with something like a HEDDphone, RAD-0, or Utopia, and maybe one day I will. At this point though, I'd rather spend those $$ on a few more IEMs, and maybe explore cheaper-but-still-great headphones like the Sundara or HD660s

Jun 29, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #6,567 of 7,334
I ordered a set of b-stock, hope I like them.

Jun 30, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #6,568 of 7,334
The number of conflicting opinions on whether the LCD-2C bass is better or the LCD-X.....

Which one actually has the better sub-bass & slam? would like to pick one of them up to compare with.
I would assume the 2C wins as its not being held back with "studio design in mind"

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #6,569 of 7,334
I haven't heard any mate, I can not tell you for sure, but theory has it that 2C is less resolving, smoother, like a more laid back, easy going, bass lifted a bit. LCD-X more resolving. needs more eq. both need eq. 2F is better than both of them though, but not as cheap as the 2C, and not as resolving as X, but still cheaper than X and with wooden ring and carry case... harder to find also, at least out of USA. 2C and X are easy to find in some music stores, guitar shops and those kind of big pro audio companies.

Update: mine arrived, really amazing how a headphone sound, never owned a planar headphone before. Huge soundstage. Sound better than speakers in away.

2021-07-03 14.05.06.jpg2021-07-03 14.05.36.jpg2021-07-03 14.05.25.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #6,570 of 7,334
I just wonder if this defect on the cable jack is acceptable or should I claim for a reparation or replacement of the cable;

2021-07-01 19.38.32.jpg2021-07-01 19.38.13.jpg

No big deal on the one hand, on the other hand, I find it quite low quality for a 899€ pair of headphones. Do you think warranty should fix this?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back