Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Jun 8, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #6,541 of 7,334
Well as they say ignorance is bliss - so enjoy the bliss my friend
very wise words, ignorance is such a blessing. Ignorance properly cultivated can move mountains.

Jun 8, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #6,542 of 7,334
back to the topic, when do you guys think these cans will cost cheaper? black friday?

Jun 8, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #6,543 of 7,334
To me Audeze Reveal software is an admission by Audeze that they've messed up.

"Hey, Sorry we screwed up on the hardware, but here's a software fix"

Maybe that's just me though.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...s/audeze-lcd-24-review-headphone.23949/page-3

truth is, those dips are deeeeep. latest versions of those models seem to be improved, but, that dip in the LCD-X in the comments there...

The need for EQ, the weight, the price, and the weakness of the membrane that can be damaged just by pressing the cups against the head too fast or against each other or out of the head too fast, glued pads. I want to like them really, but with these credentials... 2C and 2F do have less of these issues though, not so expensive, not so heavy, not so weak probably, and not so much freq response deviation, I guess.

Jun 9, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #6,544 of 7,334
In fact the EQ was the reason I deviated from LCD-X to Ananda and I don't regret it at all

Jun 12, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #6,545 of 7,334
Need a recommendation, I really enjoy my LCD-2 Classics but I'm back to the office almost full time now so I think it's time to find them a new home. I would like to still have something available for the few days a month I will work from home. I'm also going to part with my DAC/Amp and will go back to my Music Hall ph25.2 amp and 25.2 DAC. The amp has plenty of power but it's not a nice as revealing and gutsy as the Class A Burson I have been using with my LCD-2C. I'd like something similar in tonality to the LCD-2C but inexpensive since it will only get a few hours of use per month. I'm thinking of going back to the HD58x, I did enjoy them when I had them or Meze 99 Noirs. Anyhing else I should be looking for in the $200 range?

Jun 12, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #6,546 of 7,334
Need a recommendation, I really enjoy my LCD-2 Classics but I'm back to the office almost full time now so I think it's time to find them a new home. I would like to still have something available for the few days a month I will work from home. I'm also going to part with my DAC/Amp and will go back to my Music Hall ph25.2 amp and 25.2 DAC. The amp has plenty of power but it's not a nice as revealing and gutsy as the Class A Burson I have been using with my LCD-2C. I'd like something similar in tonality to the LCD-2C but inexpensive since it will only get a few hours of use per month. I'm thinking of going back to the HD58x, I did enjoy them when I had them or Meze 99 Noirs. Anyhing else I should be looking for in the $200 range?
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but if you really enjoy the LCD-2C and the DAC/Amp that you use, then why not just keep them, and use them on the days you can WFH.

Anyway there's absolutely nothing I could recommend in the $200 range, very remotely possibly something in the $500 range in terms of approaching similar tonality. However, given that the LCD-2C is a pretty unique sounding headphone the only things that I can think of with very similar tonality are higher up in the LCD range.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #6,547 of 7,334
The Beyer line is a good contender in the $200 category

Jun 12, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #6,548 of 7,334
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but if you really enjoy the LCD-2C and the DAC/Amp that you use, then why not just keep them, and use them on the days you can WFH.

Anyway there's absolutely nothing I could recommend in the $200 range, very remotely possibly something in the $500 range in terms of approaching similar tonality. However, given that the LCD-2C is a pretty unique sounding headphone the only things that I can think of with very similar tonality are higher up in the LCD range.
I felt he probably want a closed cans due to the office work, maybe a DT770 in this case

Jun 13, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #6,549 of 7,334
I felt he probably want a closed cans due to the office work, maybe a DT770 in this case
Noooo, not a DT770, Good as they are for studio tracking, for normal listening the treble is enough to strip paint of walls. The DT1770 is a much better headphone and way more tonally balanced. That said we are talking around the $500 mark. If open is still an option then the DT880 is by far the best balanced of the older Beyers and would more or less come in at the $200 mark. However @dosley01 mentioned the HD58x which would also be within the budget, and given his familiarity and liking of the product might be a better buy.

Jun 14, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #6,550 of 7,334
Noooo, not a DT770, Good as they are for studio tracking, for normal listening the treble is enough to strip paint of walls. The DT1770 is a much better headphone and way more tonally balanced. That said we are talking around the $500 mark. If open is still an option then the DT880 is by far the best balanced of the older Beyers and would more or less come in at the $200 mark. However @dosley01 mentioned the HD58x which would also be within the budget, and given his familiarity and liking of the product might be a better buy.
The DT880 600Ohms shines with tubes

Jun 14, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #6,552 of 7,334
Sorry, I feel like I took this thread off track. Thanks for the recommendations, I'll continue this in the appropriate thread if I decided to move on from my LCD-2C.
No, don't worry about it mate. Honestly you'll probably get the best advice here as to what to move to, as obviously many people in this thread have the LCD-2C as well as having experience with plenty of other headphones.

Jun 15, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #6,553 of 7,334
No, don't worry about it mate. Honestly you'll probably get the best advice here as to what to move to, as obviously many people in this thread have the LCD-2C as well as having experience with plenty of other headphones.
Exactly, shoot at will and will be happy to assist in some way. 👍

Jun 16, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #6,554 of 7,334
Same here, I want also LCD 2C performance but inexpensive. Or what the hell, make it better Susvara performance or LCD4 performance, for the price of a Koss...

Some people are some times funny.

And also I want a car that attracts women like a Porsche, but inexpensive, for the price of a cheap bicycle please, thanks!!!

Jun 16, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #6,555 of 7,334
Or get a 6XX and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back