Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Mar 25, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #6,391 of 7,334
Indeed, I went even further and now using the ASR low shelf for even more kick and extension in the bass.

11433436.png
So these may be dumb questions on my part, but:

1. How do you get Peace to not round to the nearest .5 increment? I looked through the settings and didn't see anything on that.
2. Do you import the graphic EQ into Equalizer APO and then run peace on top of that, or do you enter the filters listed instead of going the graphic route?

Sorry for the questions, I don't EQ a whole lot and usually it has just been copy and paste the graphic eq into Equalizer APO and add the preamp filter.

Mar 25, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #6,392 of 7,334
From ASR guide:
How to import these PEQ filters into Peace?
1. Open Peace.
2. ***Must do this once***. Go into Settings, select tab 'Sizes and Amounts Settings', change 'Snap dB Gain' from 0.5 to 0.1, save.
3. When looking at the dashboard, you'll see an 'Import' button, select it.
Basically I never used EQ APO on it's own, I always only ran it through PEACE.

I save the filter preset in a text file (with Notepad), and use PEACE "Import" button to select the .txt file, and it loads and sets automatically all the filters in the file (pre gain also).

I added manually the low shelf filters to switch between it and the oratory1990 bass filter (Filter 1). Right mouse click to turn on/off (as can be seen in the screenshot, you can add filter bands by clicking the '+' button, or remove with '-').

Attachments

• Audeze LCD-2 Classic ParametricEQ.txt
    475 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #6,393 of 7,334
From ASR guide:

Basically I never used EQ APO on it's own, I always only ran it through PEACE.

I save the filter preset in a text file (with Notepad), and use PEACE "Import" button to select the .txt file, and it loads and sets automatically all the filters in the file (pre gain also).

I added manually the low shelf filters to switch between it and the oratory1990 bass filter (Filter 1). Right mouse click to turn on/off (as can be seen in the screenshot, you can add filter bands by clicking the '+' button, or remove with '-').
Thanks, this helps a lot. Equalizer APO made sense to me, but for some reason, Peace hasn't been as intuitive for me. Thanks for the help!

Mar 27, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #6,395 of 7,334
You can admire the skills of the famous French cable maker DMAudio :)

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #6,396 of 7,334
My adventure with these headphones continues.
To recap: I Loved them out of the box. After using the Cascades for several days, they seemed weak and anemic.

Then I did a planar comparison and the LCD-2 Classic's dominated. To the point that I sold my Sundara's.

Yesterday I pulled out these and my Focal Elex's to get a change of sound from the full tube amps. I plugged the Focals into the Liquid Platinum and started smiling. I Love this combo! Then for a change I switched over the the Classic's. I started to get bored and was not impressed. I thought, "That's weird, I thought they sounded better than this." I pulled the cable and put it into the Violectric V220. Wow, did they open up! The warmer amp just gives them such a full sound. I played all my test songs, plus my 2020/2021 playlist and every single song sounded great.

These are my only headphones where I go: I Love it! Ugh... I Love it! What the hell is wrong with these?
They are unique. :ksc75smile:

I have to admit that I am looking forward to putting them on tomorrow.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #6,397 of 7,334
Just wanted to add that if using the AutoEQ InnerFidelity bands I suggested earlier for the RME onboard PEQ:
InnerFidelity:
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 757 Hz Gain -2.6 dB Q 0.21
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 3913 Hz Gain 7.2 dB Q 1.67
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 5913 Hz Gain -5.7 dB Q 4.31
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 8753 Hz Gain 4.0 dB Q 1.49

You have room for one more band. I suggest one for the bass boost with low shelf filter option (bands 1, 5, should have the shelf option, as per the manual):
Filter bass: ON shelf Fc 75 Hz Gain 6 ~ 8 dB (Q 1)

Or the oratory1990 bass filter which is more subtle:
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 15 Hz Gain 3.8 dB Q 0.30 (Q 0.5 or higher on RME)
New to the LCD-2C. I see some measurements for a 10 band PEQ from Inner Fidelity. Anyone know how to tweak these for a 6 band tone boosters PEQ? Thanks.

Apr 10, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #6,400 of 7,334
Yes, it's definitely one of those things that you'd think would be built into the OS, but MacOS is lacking here. SoundSource adds this functionality nicely but also lets you apply audio effects (like the reveal plug-in) on an application basis which I find really useful. You can also add various filters and other effects. There's probably other ways of achieving the same thing (possibly for free), but I stumbled across this app and it does just what I need without any messing around so was worth the cost to me.
I use this, sounds great and it has a good price, and it is kept updated all the time:

https://staticz.com/soundcontrol/

It does exactly what you say, you can eq by app, you can also mix channels for testing, you have balance control also per app, you can select also different audio devices, etc...

Apr 10, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #6,402 of 7,334
has anyone heard a recent lcd-2 classic with the new pads audeze is using? how does it compare to the older pads?
How new? I bought mine a few months ago.

Apr 10, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #6,403 of 7,334
Apr 10, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #6,404 of 7,334
I don't know, I have the old pads probably. But for fake leather, Audeze pads are the best of the worst. Really comfortable and not plastic-y.

Apr 10, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #6,405 of 7,334
as per this thread https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lcd-x-and-xc-update.956949/

it should be from November 2020, but i don't know if that counts for other lcd models or just the lcd-x for that time frame

supposedly they are no longer memory foam as to what i read form peoples reviews of them, and audeze claims the new pads are for a better frequency response
I don't know the difference. Mine are super fat, angled and really comfortable. It is the only Audeze I have ever heard though. Scratch that, I heard an LCD-2 several years ago and it turned me right off the brand. :smile:
It then took me years to try out Audeze again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back