Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Jun 23, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #5,956 of 7,335
So I've got an old HD800 and a Focal Elex recently. But I dont know if I'm missing out on Planars.. LCD-2Cs seem like a good foray into the world of Planars. Should I take the plunge?
Or am I not really missing out? Any opinions? Thanks

Yes. Take the plunge. The 2C’s are quite different from the Focal’s. I have the Elear’s and the LCD-2C’s and I’m happy I own both. The Focal’s are lighter, brighter, and detailed. The 2C’s are darker (but not as obnoxiously as some try to paint them), with excellent bass and vocals.They are all the planer headphones I’ll need. I’m enjoying them reproducing Tidal with mine now.

Jun 28, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #5,958 of 7,335
Could do with some help, i swapped my cable to try the balanced on my new R6 pro and the right side is intermittenyl cutting out, if i press on the outside top of the cover it comes back and will be fine then until i say take off and put back on their stand. Dosent seem to happen everytime. I tested with other cables & source and fault is still there. Any ideas?

Jul 9, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #5,965 of 7,335
Thank you very much. Where exactly is the mesh?
It is that protective layer right under the grill. The left one is the older 'felt' or 'foam' material and the right one is the new 'mesh'.

IMG_20190627_163531981.jpg

Jul 9, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #5,966 of 7,335
It is that protective layer right under the grill. The left one is the older 'felt' or 'foam' material and the right one is the new 'mesh'.

IMG_20190627_163531981.jpg

Thanks this is explains it perfectly. I can't get to mine right now. Does anybody know when they made the switch? And the 2C the only model affected?

Jul 9, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #5,967 of 7,335
Thanks this is explains it perfectly. I can't get to mine right now. Does anybody know when they made the switch? And the 2C the only model affected?
The change was made around December 2019/ January 2020. It affects other models too, like the LCD-X.

IMG_20200525_165445210 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #5,968 of 7,335
I owned both versions. To my ears there is no sonic difference between them. The mesh simply looks nicer and is more durable. The foam starts to look a bit worn out after 1-2 years.

Thank you. It's good news. It does not affect the sound. Regards.
The problem is when there are changes (not announced), which do affect the sound.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #5,969 of 7,335
Thank you. It's good news. It does not affect the sound. Regards.
The problem is when there are changes (not announced), which do affect the sound.

That's kinda reasonable under the continuous improvement that should be happening in all manufacturing. It's hard and maybe not a great idea for them to announce all the changes.

Jul 10, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #5,970 of 7,335
Who can really say, but I have a pair of used lcd2cs on the way that I hope I will enjoy.

Maybe I'm a bass head? My favorite headphones are Koss Porta Pros. Had the Aeon Flow Open for a bit and found some of the upper peaks to hit a nerve and also the compressed sound made some of my tracks dead. I did enjoy how laid back the AFO is. I have a HD6XX and I have to EQ it as the super forward vocals, 3k and 5k peak are a bit too much for every day listening. I'm thinking a 2C will be right for me as I hear its laid back and I listen to a lot of indie rock and modern pop. I think I'll keep the 6XX for less bass thumpy music where I might want some extra air in the treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back