Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Apr 21, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #5,041 of 7,334
I own a pair of late-2010 LCD-2.1 - is the Classic pretty close the same sound-wise? I've been thinking of trying one out but I'm thinking they'll be pretty similar. I bet comfort is way better, though.

Apr 21, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #5,042 of 7,334
I own a pair of late-2010 LCD-2.1 - is the Classic pretty close the same sound-wise? I've been thinking of trying one out but I'm thinking they'll be pretty similar. I bet comfort is way better, though.
The 2.1 is warmer, more lush. The 2c quicker, snappier, ever so slightly leaner. I think it's a good trade off personally.

It does come down to preference. The 2.1 is my fav headphone of all time but the 2C is the nearest you'll get for a current Audeze with a warranty.

Apr 21, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #5,043 of 7,334
The lack of fazor I believe gives them a more bloomy bass but I like it. The LCD-2C is a very atmospheric headphone for lack of a better term. I do think the fazor though takes away some of that dynamic impact. The 2 classics really hit like a sledge hammer with the right track despite being more bloomy in the bass. The LCD-2C is a very lush sounding headphone but not overly so where it sounds mushy it has an impactful and powerful sound.

The only headphone I've heard that can hit like the LCD-2C is the Abyse and a well driven HE-6.
What about Verum 1s? Lot of people say Verum 1s have bass like LCD-2Cs.

Apr 22, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #5,045 of 7,334
Very very different bass. The Verum's bass is more focused and impactful. Like the difference between a chisel (Verum) and a hammer (2C).
How about differences in resolving capabilities and spaciousness out of your nice new amp? :)

Apr 22, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #5,047 of 7,334
Hahaha....this was a planned upgrade and I already had an idea of the improvement. Lets just say that I am happy :deadhorse:
And which one is more resolving/spacious the Verum or the 2C? Or is it pretty much the same?

Apr 22, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #5,048 of 7,334
The Verums bass is more focused as mentioned. This is due to the lack of bloom. If the LCD-2C wasn't as lush, sultry I would say they're about the same on terms of focus. Verum has more perceived texture because with the Classic there's more colour going on. I find overall resolve and technical ability going to the Verum slightly. The LCD-2C is like the Abys in that it's so dynamic and impactful, hits like a truck and has this lush tone(My first pair of classics I owned wasn't that lush from memory though) but the 2C isn't what I'd consider immediately resolving when compared to other phones it's time of those phones once they're on your head and you hear past the bloom and thickness you'll hear their technical ability but they wknt stand out compared to headphones that are leaner, less thick and tropical sounding.

After owning the Verum for a while they're definitely leaner more to the point than the Classics, less thick and meaty do other Verum owners find this?

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #5,050 of 7,334
And which one is more resolving/spacious the Verum or the 2C? Or is it pretty much the same?
Verum is more resolving to my ears. The 2C is quite a bit wider, but the Verum is deeper.

To my ears, the Verum is kinda ahead in terms of technicality. But we dont always listen for technicalities, do we? The 2C has a unique flavor that I wanna keep. They are different, in the end.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #5,051 of 7,334
The Verums bass is more focused as mentioned. This is due to the lack of bloom. If the LCD-2C wasn't as lush, sultry I would say they're about the same on terms of focus. Verum has more perceived texture because with the Classic there's more colour going on. I find overall resolve and technical ability going to the Verum slightly. The LCD-2C is like the Abys in that it's so dynamic and impactful, hits like a truck and has this lush tone(My first pair of classics I owned wasn't that lush from memory though) but the 2C isn't what I'd consider immediately resolving when compared to other phones it's time of those phones once they're on your head and you hear past the bloom and thickness you'll hear their technical ability but they wknt stand out compared to headphones that are leaner, less thick and tropical sounding.

After owning the Verum for a while they're definitely leaner more to the point than the Classics, less thick and meaty do other Verum owners find this?
This is an interesting point that I want to clear up as well. I was trying to figure out in my head too. Basically, they are both thick but in different way.

The 2C has a larger, but denser sound images, like clouds. The Verum may be not as large, but it is more focused. Thats why I feel the Verum is thicker than the 2C. There is more body to the Verum.

@betula do you remember I once said the 2C felt thin? I realize later the reason I felt so compared to the old Audeze is due to this dense sound images, despite being large. The old Audeze felt thick and full-bodied. The most out of any headphone I tried. Some people may think it is way too much, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #5,053 of 7,334
This is an interesting point that I want to clear up as well. I was trying to figure out in my head too. Basically, they are both thick but in different way.

The 2C has a thicker, but denser sound images, like clouds. The Verum may be less thick, but it is more focused. Thats why I feel the Verum is thicker than the 2C. There is more body to the Verum.

@betula do you remember I once said the 2C felt thin? I realize later the reason I felt so compared to the old Audeze is due to this dense sound images, despite being large. The old Audeze felt thick and full-bodied. The most out of any headphone I tried. Some people may think it is way too much, but I enjoyed it a lot.
I will have to listen to the Verum to make up my mind. @xRaptorxPunisher I actually live quite close to you (Wiltshire). Any chance I could somehow listen to your pair? (Borrowing for a few days or sg like that.) :)

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #5,054 of 7,334
None at the moment.

Audeze has a different style of presenting sound. Thats why Im keeping both.
Man........ I really want to buy a pair of Verums. only thing that holding me back is their ridiculously low impedance. I don't know why @Garuspik made it such low impedance. If it had impedance like 16 or above ohms Verums are the only headphone I want. Guess I'm not that lucky.

Apr 22, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #5,055 of 7,334
I will have to listen to the Verum to make up my mind. @xRaptorxPunisher I actually live quite close to you (Wiltshire). Any chance I could somehow listen to your pair? (Borrowing for a few days or sg like that.) :)
You guys should have a mini-meet over coffee or something :)

Man........ I really want to buy a pair of Verums. only thing that holding me back is their ridiculously low impedance. I don't know why @Garuspik made it such low impedance. If it had impedance like 16 or above ohms Verums are the only headphone I want. Guess I'm not that lucky.
Yeah, I agree that 8 ohm needs a bit of taking care of. Just make sure that AT LEAST your amp output impedance is less than 8 ohm first. I'm thinking the bare maximum should be no more than 4 ohm. Of course, preferably lower. MY BHA-1 is 2 ohm (SE) and it's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back