1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336
338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347
Next

Last
  1. xRaptorxPunisher
    The 2.1 is warmer, more lush. The 2c quicker, snappier, ever so slightly leaner. I think it's a good trade off personally.

It does come down to preference. The 2.1 is my fav headphone of all time but the 2C is the nearest you'll get for a current Audeze with a warranty.

2. Suppa92
    What about Verum 1s? Lot of people say Verum 1s have bass like LCD-2Cs.

3. omniweltall
    Very very different bass. The Verum's bass is more focused and impactful. Like the difference between a chisel (Verum) and a hammer (2C).

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    Suppa92 likes this.
  4. betula
    How about differences in resolving capabilities and spaciousness out of your nice new amp? :)

omniweltall likes this.
  5. omniweltall
    Hahaha....this was a planned upgrade and I already had an idea of the improvement. Lets just say that I am happy :deadhorse:

betula likes this.
  6. betula
    And which one is more resolving/spacious the Verum or the 2C? Or is it pretty much the same?

7. xRaptorxPunisher
    The Verums bass is more focused as mentioned. This is due to the lack of bloom. If the LCD-2C wasn't as lush, sultry I would say they're about the same on terms of focus. Verum has more perceived texture because with the Classic there's more colour going on. I find overall resolve and technical ability going to the Verum slightly. The LCD-2C is like the Abys in that it's so dynamic and impactful, hits like a truck and has this lush tone(My first pair of classics I owned wasn't that lush from memory though) but the 2C isn't what I'd consider immediately resolving when compared to other phones it's time of those phones once they're on your head and you hear past the bloom and thickness you'll hear their technical ability but they wknt stand out compared to headphones that are leaner, less thick and tropical sounding.

After owning the Verum for a while they're definitely leaner more to the point than the Classics, less thick and meaty do other Verum owners find this?

Suppa92 likes this.
  8. Suppa92
    Is there any headphone in Audeze LCD line which sounds close to the Verums?

9. omniweltall
    Verum is more resolving to my ears. The 2C is quite a bit wider, but the Verum is deeper.

To my ears, the Verum is kinda ahead in terms of technicality. But we dont always listen for technicalities, do we? The 2C has a unique flavor that I wanna keep. They are different, in the end.

endlesswaves and betula like this.
  10. omniweltall
    This is an interesting point that I want to clear up as well. I was trying to figure out in my head too. Basically, they are both thick but in different way.

The 2C has a larger, but denser sound images, like clouds. The Verum may be not as large, but it is more focused. Thats why I feel the Verum is thicker than the 2C. There is more body to the Verum.

@betula do you remember I once said the 2C felt thin? I realize later the reason I felt so compared to the old Audeze is due to this dense sound images, despite being large. The old Audeze felt thick and full-bodied. The most out of any headphone I tried. Some people may think it is way too much, but I enjoyed it a lot.

11. omniweltall
    None at the moment.

Audeze has a different style of presenting sound. Thats why Im keeping both.

12. betula
    I will have to listen to the Verum to make up my mind. @xRaptorxPunisher I actually live quite close to you (Wiltshire). Any chance I could somehow listen to your pair? (Borrowing for a few days or sg like that.) :)

13. Suppa92
    Man........ I really want to buy a pair of Verums. only thing that holding me back is their ridiculously low impedance. I don't know why @Garuspik made it such low impedance. If it had impedance like 16 or above ohms Verums are the only headphone I want. Guess I'm not that lucky.

14. omniweltall
    You guys should have a mini-meet over coffee or something :)

Yeah, I agree that 8 ohm needs a bit of taking care of. Just make sure that AT LEAST your amp output impedance is less than 8 ohm first. I'm thinking the bare maximum should be no more than 4 ohm. Of course, preferably lower. MY BHA-1 is 2 ohm (SE) and it's fine.

15. Kukuk
    The LCD-2C's are easy to drive, aren't they?

I've been pairing them with my WA2 lately, and they pair wonderfully. Moreover, the LCD-2Cs don't suffer from the usual effects of insufficient power, namely loose bass and unrefined treble.

Innerfidelity's measurements show they only draw about .2mW at 90dB. (Unless I'm reading that wrong, which is entirely possible)
    https://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD2Classic.pdf

Even using their measurements to compare other headphones, something like the AKG K612 draws 1mW for 90dB. So what gives?

First

Back
327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336
338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347
Next

Last