Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Jan 19, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #4,366 of 7,334
I ordered LCD2C .. but wasn't able to find out what will come in the box.. but from different reviews I saw that we are receiving ONLY one cable with 6mm jack and we dont have 3.5mm at all.. or any adapters for it.. Thats kinda sad..because I will have to spend another 150 euro for custom 3.5mm cable :frowning2:

I can confirm that you’ll only get one cable with a 6.35mm jack. You can always search for a 3.5mm to 6.35mm adapter. That’ll be cheaper than a brand new cable.

What I’m curious about, though, is what are you going to be driving these with? Most decent amps will have a 6.35mm socket. Maybe spending your money on a better source that supports 6.35mm jacks would be an option to consider as well.

Jan 20, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #4,367 of 7,334
For desktop use Im gonna use it with an old but good marantz amplifier.. but since its just 70 Ohm I could easily use it with my Vorzuge Pure II amp when I need it portable. And it will be Ok since it drives well my HD600 which are 300 Ohm. So i need to have 3.5mm for the vorzuge..
..btw can you recommend me any adapter 6mm to 3.5mm by any chance ?

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #4,368 of 7,334
For desktop use Im gonna use it with an old but good marantz amplifier.. but since its just 70 Ohm I could easily use it with my Vorzuge Pure II amp when I need it portable. And it will be Ok since it drives well my HD600 which are 300 Ohm. So i need to have 3.5mm for the vorzuge..
..btw can you recommend me any adapter 6mm to 3.5mm by any chance ?

I’m using a VCE gold plated 6.35mm to 3.5mm adapter. I haven’t had any problems with it and doesn’t appear to impact sound quality. You can find it on Amazon and eBay.

Jan 20, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #4,370 of 7,334
This thread is so quiet. Paging @betula and @BrotherKathos

@betula
How are the new gears working out for you, mate? Im mostly interested in the LP. I havent tried it yet. The THX and the LP are getting a lot of attention lately.

The HugoTT, for me, is mediocre.
I am still waiting for most of the amps to arrive, but in a couple of weeks some serious play time will be about to begin. :)

Jan 20, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #4,372 of 7,334
Hi guys, great thread!. I'm seriously thinking of getting a pair of the LCD-2C, at the moment my main hp is the DT 1990, love it's dynamics,especially the bass, however, on some recordings, and for late night listening, they can be a bit too dynamic, especially in the highs, so I have been looking for a hp with softer highs to compliment my 1990's, I have tried the HD 6XX and found them a bit too dull, particularly in the bass, however the 2C seems like it might fit somewhere between the two, with the softer highs of the 6XX and the better bass of the 1990, would this a reasonable assumption?.

Jan 20, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #4,373 of 7,334
Hi guys, great thread!. I'm seriously thinking of getting a pair of the LCD-2C, at the moment my main hp is the DT 1990, love it's dynamics,especially the bass, however, on some recordings, and for late night listening, they can be a bit too dynamic, especially in the highs, so I have been looking for a hp with softer highs to compliment my 1990's, I have tried the HD 6XX and found them a bit too dull, particularly in the bass, however the 2C seems like it might fit somewhere between the two, with the softer highs of the 6XX and the better bass of the 1990, would this a reasonable assumption?.
I think, that's a reasonable assumption. The 2C has better bass than the 1990, but sounds softer and more gentle while it is still dynamic and powerful. Eats the 6XX for breakfast. If you haven't heard Audeze yet, you might be up for a pleasant surprise.

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #4,374 of 7,334
I think, that's a reasonable assumption. The 2C has better bass than the 1990, but sounds softer and more gentle while it is still dynamic and powerful. Eats the 6XX for breakfast. If you haven't heard Audeze yet, you might be up for a pleasant surprise.
Thanks for your input, much appreciated!, it certainly seems like they might do the trick, also never heard planar magnetic before, think I might give them a try. Cheers!.

Jan 21, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #4,375 of 7,334
I received my LCD2C a few days ago, and I really like it. It fits exactly my tastes!

I currently run it with a schiit stack (Modi 2, Magni 3). While it does the job quite well, I have read here and there that it's not the best fit. I have only ever owned 2 amps (Darkvoice 336SE and Magni 3), so can't really compare to others. I was thinking of getting the Massdrop THX 789 (a great combo apparently), but it would come a bit pricey (I live in Europe). However, I just found out about the JDS Atom that supposedly runs great with the LCD2C and is really affordable. What's your opinion on this? Would it synergize better with the 2C? I'm otherwise open for recommandations. I have a 100-400€ budget, but I like great-value items :)

Cheers!

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones...atom_the_best_and_worst_99_ive_ever_spent_on/

Jan 21, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #4,376 of 7,334
I received my LCD2C a few days ago, and I really like it. It fits exactly my tastes!

I currently run it with a schiit stack (Modi 2, Magni 3). While it does the job quite well, I have read here and there that it's not the best fit. I have only ever owned 2 amps (Darkvoice 336SE and Magni 3), so can't really compare to others. I was thinking of getting the Massdrop THX 789 (a great combo apparently), but it would come a bit pricey (I live in Europe). However, I just found out about the JDS Atom that supposedly runs great with the LCD2C and is really affordable. What's your opinion on this? Would it synergize better with the 2C? I'm otherwise open for recommandations. I have a 100-400€ budget, but I like great-value items :)

Cheers!
Subscribed. What exactly about the Schiit stack is supposedly not good for LCD2c. I’m new to this but the LCD2c sounds pretty awesome to me out of a Magni 3.

Jan 21, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #4,377 of 7,334
Subscribed. What exactly about the Schiit stack is supposedly not good for LCD2c. I’m new to this but the LCD2c sounds pretty awesome to me out of a Magni 3.
I drive mine with a magni3 and it works just fine.
If you're happy with them, then Don't worry about it..Ther's nothing wrong with using the magni3. It's linear ( frequency response ) , transparent ( noise and distortion below the level of audibility ) , and plenty enough power to drive the lcd2c.

Jan 21, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #4,378 of 7,334
I drive mine with a magni3 and it works just fine.
If you're happy with them, then Don't worry about it..Ther's nothing wrong with using the magni3. It's linear ( frequency response ) , transparent ( noise and distortion below the level of audibility ) , and plenty enough power to drive the lcd2c.
Trying to avoid the slippery slope. The LCD2c was a big jump for me in terms of price. I know power is not everything but anything past 10 o’clock is ear splitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back