1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290
292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301
Next

Last
  1. endlesswaves
    You can tweak the eq to emulate the reveal plugin. Saw some post of people doing that in the LCDi4 thread. Wonder if there is an eq setting for LCD2C to emulate the Reveal plugin.

Anyway it sounds good even with my WM1A but you'll get the full potential of this wonderful headphone with a good desktop amp.

2. Lewis Li
    I think $500 is the most exactly price for it

3. BrotherKathos
    I agree with you that th best adjustments are the smallest ones. I use the loki to 'fine tune; and not to change the signature of the sound. For instance, I just setup a new system with the Senn hd6xx, smsl M9, Eitr, and THX 789. When I first put it together I was greeted with a very sharp sound, that while 'detailed' was extremely unforgiving on any recordings with heavy treble. When I turned it up, all I got was the glare that just distracted me instead of sucking me in.

I played around with a few things like the usb, internal up-sampling, and tried it with and without usb treatment. Nothing seemed to help, so I broke down and got another loki for this setup. In the middle of the wait for the loki, I tried one last thing which was to use the ifi ipower on the dac instead of the factory brick. Presto! it was back to the smooth sound signature I'm become accustomed to from all my other dacs and systems that I've gotten to my sweet spot. Now the loki is in the chain, and all it does is give the Senns the tiniest 20hz boost. I mean literally only a boost of about 1 db down low to fill them out. I can barely even perceive the boost, but its enough to just round them out. Now when I put on a song that has just a bit too much of an edge for me, all I have to do is give the treble the slightest turn to the left and no more icepicks in my ears :) Loki is all you would need for the vast majority of people imo. Well worth it.

betula and Leonarfd like this.
  4. betula
    I have found a way to ease the pain of these dark and cold months. Soon I will have around the Cavalli Liquid Platinum, Chord Hugo TT, iFi Pro iCan, iFi Pro iDSD to review along with my Chord 2Qute and Questyle CMA600i. Some of these I have purchased, some are lent to me. As a bonus in February another TOTL IEM arrives for review, the Lark Studio LSX.
    I am really curious to see if I prefer to keep my system or change the 600i for the Liquid Platinum or the whole system for the TT. Just keeping myself entertained. :)

omniweltall likes this.
  5. omniweltall
    This thread is so quiet. Paging @betula and @BrotherKathos

@betula
    How are the new gears working out for you, mate? Im mostly interested in the LP. I havent tried it yet. The THX and the LP are getting a lot of attention lately.

The HugoTT, for me, is mediocre.

6. BrotherKathos
    I'm unable to listen to my lcd2c at the moment, hence the silence. I got another hd6xx to get me through the travel times.

7. omniweltall
    What happened to your 2C?

8. BrotherKathos
    I left it behind while i travel. Its just too bulky to take with me. I'm missing it though. I did get a pair of Massdrop EDC3s that I'm really digging though. Great IEMs for the price, and with the foam tips, they nicely double as earplugs for the noisy plane rides.

omniweltall likes this.
  9. omniweltall
    LOL. Safe journey, mate.

My gears never leave my room. It is far too precious.

10. BrotherKathos
    Thanks! I'm kind of nomadic.

11. omniweltall
    So was I, till lately. Story of my life. But I bet u got lots of cool stories.

12. BrotherKathos
    I live pretty tame, but there will inevitably be things that happen when you are out and about.

omniweltall likes this.
  13. zloxious
    I ordered LCD2C .. but wasn't able to find out what will come in the box.. but from different reviews I saw that we are receiving ONLY one cable with 6mm jack and we dont have 3.5mm at all.. or any adapters for it.. Thats kinda sad..because I will have to spend another 150 euro for custom 3.5mm cable :frowning2:

14. omniweltall
    First of all, congrats, mate!

Re the cable, just get a 6.35mm-to-3.5mm adapter, mate. Easy peasy. So cheap as well.

If you have to get a new cable, I recommend to get a balanced one, since you cant use an adapter.

15. Brainiac9000
    I can confirm that you’ll only get one cable with a 6.35mm jack. You can always search for a 3.5mm to 6.35mm adapter. That’ll be cheaper than a brand new cable.

What I’m curious about, though, is what are you going to be driving these with? Most decent amps will have a 6.35mm socket. Maybe spending your money on a better source that supports 6.35mm jacks would be an option to consider as well.

First

Back
281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290
292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301
Next

Last