Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Aug 20, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #3,406 of 7,334
You guys tried the Norne Audio cables? I got a Draug all silver balanced, for my LCD4s, but right now have it on the LCD2-C, it is a superb upgrade over stock.

I have acquired several used Norne from head-fi users including the Draug3, Solvine and also a Silvergarde S2 terminated for Focal. I especially like the Solvine with the LCD-2C. Silver coated or pure silver seems to bring some brightening to complement the LCD-2C's smoothish top end. Frankly, I have accumulated so many cables now so the fact that the Solvine is always hooked up is saying something. :wink:

ps. I have a new as yet unnamed TPU OCC Litz cable arriving tomorrow that Trevor cooked up for me.

Aug 22, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #3,410 of 7,334
Ladies & Gentlemen!

I am now a proud owner of the LCD2-C
Many thanks to everybody's input and recommendations!

Well, I would recommend using them with the cables. Sure, some people think it's overkill but the sound is dramatically better when they are plugged in :p

Aug 23, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #3,411 of 7,334
I am using the LCD2C with the Hugo 2 and love it. Has anyone used the Audeze LCD2C Roon preset? What are your thoughts and impressions?

It's excellent and I use the plugin for the LCD-2C in Roon exclusively. I run it at 100% wet (full EQ curve applied) with linear phase. I still use the LCD-2Cs without any EQ when occasionally watching stuff on Youtube/Netflix, but for serious Roon listening, I definitely prefer the use of the plugin.:ok_hand:

Aug 23, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #3,412 of 7,334
It's excellent and I use the plugin for the LCD-2C in Roon exclusively. I run it at 100% wet (full EQ curve applied) with linear phase. I still use the LCD-2Cs without any EQ when occasionally watching stuff on Youtube/Netflix, but for serious Roon listening, I definitely prefer the use of the plugin.:ok_hand:
Same settings for me and I agree with you! It balances out the response in the presence region; while increasing the soundstage by about 10%. The plugin makes it sound a little wispy (pleasant and calmer demeanor) and gives the LCD2C a nice twinkle in the highs.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #3,413 of 7,334
Same settings for me and I agree with you! It balances out the response in the presence region; while increasing the soundstage by about 10%. The plugin makes it sound a little wispy (pleasant and calmer demeanor) and gives the LCD2C a nice twinkle in the highs.

Exactly.:thumbsup:

I stopped using my other headphones with Sonarworks at my desk because of how much easier the LCD-2C's are on my ears in comparison to others.

Aug 24, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #3,414 of 7,334
Just got an used Eikon today. 1st 15 minutes impression comparing to my LCD2C, better mids and shallower bass but slightly punchier mid bass. I lose some sub bass (I am a mild basshead). Treble and clarity, soundstage about the same. Harder to drive. Need a touch more volume and with high gain on on my Massdrop LCX. Tested with EDM. Maybe the Eikon will score better with other genre.

Initial conclusion, not much of an upgrade considering the retail price is double of the LCD2C. I got mine during the pre-order period and that makes it feel like a steal given the quality of the sq and entertainment I've gotten out of them.

Aug 25, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #3,415 of 7,334
Anyone have an recomendation for an affordable amp with dac for lcd2c? I got the chord mojo,but tired of charging it all the time.was planning on buying and amp later this fall and going to save up some bucks :)

Aug 25, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #3,420 of 7,334
I was thinking of 200-400 dollar.An amp with dac and good value for the money.Dac isnt a must.I have the mojo i also could use sometimes.But an good amp i could have with my laptop for everday use.
At that price point you could get an iFi micro iDSD Black Label. Sometimes it has discounts, or you can get one second hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back